Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why no real pictures of Windenburg yet?

Does no one else find it strange that the game is coming out in basically a month and we still have no real pictures of Windenburg yet? I mean, if this was April, I could understand, but why do they need to give us concept pics this late in the game? Is the world not finished yet? Is Maxis really that far behind in their planning of this EP?

Comments

• Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Does no one else find it strange that the game is coming out in basically a month and we still have no real pictures of Windenburg yet? I mean, if this was April, I could understand, but why do they need to give us concept pics this late in the game? Is the world not finished yet? Is Maxis really that far behind in their planning of this EP?

Thank you!!! Like I wanna see the world in game already. I want more pics then what was in the trailer. This is ridiculous.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    PrincessSaturnPrincessSaturn Posts: 564 Member

i also think its strange. Ypu'd think the town wasn't completed yet *knocks on wood*
    BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    I was really hoping the recently released blog post about Windenburg was going to have some actual screenshots at the end. ): They must have some areas completed by now and in a state ready to be shown off!
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • Options
    MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    There's something very odd going on with production in TS4. It seems very slow, especially when new locations are involved; key point here being that this is the first entirely new world we've gotten (bar Newcrest which was just an empty rehash of Willow Creek anyway) and we've no pictures yet. The EP has been pushed back for new features... or so they say. Is the reality that they're still completing what they already had planned?
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    We're still nearly two months from release. GTW wasn't even announced that far ahead.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    We're still nearly two months from release. GTW wasn't even announced that far ahead.

Meaning...?
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member

Still, if the game was due to be out in November and only supposedly got pushed back so they could add some new features that have yet to be released, shouldn't the world be nearly done by now? I mean, if you don't find that strange, then I don't know. Something just seems fishy to me and it ain't the mysterious creature that they talked about in that blog post.

• Options

Meaning...?

Just wanted to say that I ADORE Sailor Saturn.
  • Options

Meaning...?

Meaning that while concept art and part of what there is to show us is presumably done, lots else might not be. Plus marketing campaigns generally are designed to ramp up on particular patterns, with schedules and time allocated to write the blog entries and create videos (which are much more elaborate and time-consuming to do). They aren't random, and marketing people aren't sitting on the forums reading to see what we most need to see right now.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

Meaning...?

marketing people aren't sitting on the forums reading to see what we most need to see right now.

They should be haha
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    OP not strange at all.
    The pack is intended to be half baked and probably is still raw, they are trying hard to bake it (Half bake it) LOL
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Telemetry tells them you really don't want to see a finished world.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options

Meaning...?

Just wanted to say that I ADORE Sailor Saturn.

SailorSaturn.jpg

You have great taste

Meaning...?

Meaning that while concept art and part of what there is to show us is presumably done, lots else might not be. Plus marketing campaigns generally are designed to ramp up on particular patterns, with schedules and time allocated to write the blog entries and create videos (which are much more elaborate and time-consuming to do). They aren't random, and marketing people aren't sitting on the forums reading to see what we most need to see right now.

Well, maybe they should go on their own forum and see what their clients would like...
    Though you're right, videos and blog entries may be "too hard", just like making a bear in their own game when we've had 🐸🐸🐸🐸 unicorns and krakens already.
    edited October 2015

Meaning...?

Well, maybe they should go on their own forum and see what their clients would like...
    Though you're right, videos and blog entries may be "too hard", just like making a bear in their own game when we've had 🐸🐸🐸🐸 unicorns and krakens already.

I did not say those things are "too hard"; I said that marketing happens on schedules, to build up to release, and much some of it requires finished development. Please don't lie about the meaning of my words. They were quite clear.

(fixed that two words thing. need coffee)
  • Options

Meaning...?

I did not say those things are "too hard"; I said that marketing happens on schedules, to build up to release, and much some of it requires finished development. Please don't lie about the meaning of my words. They were quite clear.

(fixed that two words thing. need coffee)

Now it makes more sense, didn't mean to twist anything I just misunderstood :)
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Its weird and i doubt the game got delayed for new innovative features. I bet its just not ready with the little stuff they showed in the trailer.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    Its weird and i doubt the game got delayed for new innovative features. I bet its just not ready with the little stuff they showed in the trailer.

This is what I'm thinking as well. I bet the game ain't close to being finished and they are scrambling to make those closets that seem to be a major feature, work among other things.
  • Options

I would say Get Together comes with THE BOMB
    Thats is not in a good way of course.

The bomb is game breaking bugs. The delay is most probably to fix them or take a shortcut to come around them unfixed. Group actions scream loud "BUGS BUGS BUGS"
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

Actually two months -- the pack was pushed back to December 8th to "refine and add depth" whatever that means. Maybe some of the town is getting a bit of a facelift.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options

Actually two months -- the pack was pushed back to December 8th to "refine and add depth" whatever that means. Maybe some of the town is getting a bit of a facelift.

I might agree with refine but not with the word "Add"
    At this stage they would rather "Remove" things that are causing delay than adding additional things or any kind of depth. Just saying
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    I'm pretty sure we've seen Windenburg in some of the images they gave us(the first one when an image of Clubs was released) also we see parts of it in the Trailer, but again, we're still 2 Months away from the release of Get Together, so I'd think they're expanding the world more, there's not much point in really giving us all the info and images until at least 1 Month pre-release, otherwise there wouldn't be much to hype us with each week till then.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    OP not strange at all.
    The pack is intended to be half baked and probably is still raw, they are trying hard to bake it (Half bake it) LOL

Could you please explain how the content in the Pack is half-baked? Since you assume this, I gather you have evidence to support your statement?
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options

My guess is they're working on the Clubs System since it's an entirely new mechanic to the Franchise and Windenburg since it seems like it'll be the largest Neighbourhood in The Sims 4 at least once Get Together comes out, we may see bigger Neighbourhoods in the future still.
  • Options
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    OP not strange at all.

Could you please explain how the content in the Pack is half-baked? Since you assume this, I gather you have evidence to support your statement?

A pack is half baked when there is hardly anything there! Its not science fiction to know that

Not agreeing with half baked? others called it underwhelming, lacking, lackluster etc
    giphy.gif