Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help? Looking for some sims 3 mods/animations/careers?

SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
So, I'm looking for some TS3 mods and having trouble finding some. Mainly animations, floppy hats for women (like in the 1900's), and career mods. I don't know how to work all those tools that create the mods, and I'm afraid of ruining my game if I tried, otherwise I'd just make them myself.
~I'm looking for some career besides the ones on MTS and MissyHissy's page (thank you, @igazor).
~I'm looking for animations that I can play off of CMOMoney's animation player, specifically laughter and shock, though any animations would work (besides the ones on MTS, I have those...). I'm hoping to record a few sims 3 vids for my stories at some point, and would like to have some sims playing animations instead of just posing in pictures...
~Also, I'd love if anybody had some links to poses that I could download. I have a few, but not very many. I love couples poses and wedding picture-esque poses, as well as bad boy/girl poses. :3 It goes perfectly with my stories.

EDIT: So, now that I feel like I have some good career and poses downloaded, I'm just looking for animations. If anybody has some animations they know of, that would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!
~Open your mind before your mouth~
Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
Post edited by SilentWolf101 on

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I can't help much with floppy hats and animations/poses, but I've never had a custom career from a trusted developer not work for me. First though, let's confirm that you have the most current version of the NRaas Careers mod, or at least the one that is consistent with your patch level. No custom careers (that I know of) will work without that as it is the platform upon which they are designed to run.
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Careers

MissyHissy's custom careers are golden. She has both modeling and veterinary careers in her portfolio.
    https://missyhissysjobcentre.wordpress.com/the-job-board

Here is a list of custom careers that our members have recommended, including hers but many others as well.
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/MORE+CAREERS
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    @igazor
    1) my patch level is 1.67 (with a bunch of numbers after that). Got the game, High End Loft Stuff and Late Night last year for Christmas, and just this year got Pets and Seasons.
    2) When I downloaded it, it didn't show up like it did on the link you provided. There was only one download link (I downloaded this... The vet career on MTS linked me to that) Do I need to download all the other options as well to make them work?

EDIT: So, I went ahead and downloaded all of the options from NRAAS to see if that helped. That didn't work. I'm going to try redownloading the base mod from your link to see if that helps...
    Post edited by SilentWolf101 on
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
  • Options
    No, it's the same thing. If you had clicked through on the link I gave to get the version for Patch 1.67, you would have landed on the same download page. And you only need the base Careers mod for custom careers to work, the others are just nice options and some custom careers/schools that Twallan himself had provided as starting points.

It's possible that the vet career you found on MTS is a bit older and still needs to be updated; MissyHissy's is already good to go so perhaps give hers a try? I know that her modeling career and all of the others there that I've used work fine.

In any event, also be sure that you are clearing your game folder's scriptCache.package file before starting up, whenever the contents of Mods and Mods/Packages changes in any way.
    http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Sims_3_Delete_Cache_Files
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Alright, so I've deleted all the chaches that are in the sims 3 folder in my docs, not anywhere else. (I didn't think you had to do that more than once, as I've only had to do it once for all of the mods/cc I add, and that was when I first added cc packages...). I'll see if that works. The vet career I'm not too worried about anymore now that I know that there are other options, and I've downloaded quite a few of Missy's now to see if those work, specifically the modeling career. If those work, and not the veterinary career, then I'll know that the vet career is outdated and to switch to Missy's. If not, then I have no idea whatsoever.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    YES! They work, including the veterinary career. I haven't tested them all yet, but I know they're at least working. :) Thank you for your help! I think I was the script cache that was messing it up...
    EDIT: They all work. :) Thank you so much.
  • Options
    Yeah, it always the thing one suspects least, isn't it.

Hope you have luck finding the other things you were ask about but at least the careers should keep you and your sims busy for a while. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Yeah, I suppose it is. And we shall! And I plan on using the veterinary career in a story of mine, hence why I wanted the careers to work so badly. :)
  • Options
    *bump*
  • Options
    Anybody out there that can help?
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Hmm... I don't know of any animations like that. Have you looked to see what you can do with the moviemaker cheat? Maybe something will work under there, unless you've looked already, then don't mind me it's just all I can think of. The only animations I know of for animation player are dances.

Poses IDK about exactly what you're looking for I often google image search as I want something or try to make it myself. But they have a whole bunch of poses here simsfanscreations.tumblr.com/CreationsTs3, so maybe something will work. Other than that I don't really know.
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    OH! And Echosim has some lovely poses. Not tons that sound like what you're looking for but you should find a couple for couples at least.

Can't believe I forgot her, I knew I was missing somebody XD.
  • Options
    @dreamerz13 Thank you so much. :) Echosim looks absolutely lovely, and SimsFans seems to have some pretty good ones as well. :) Thank you!