Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So Get Together will be released in December

I think it's a good sign that they're delaying it.

Comments

• Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    6a5290b91e83021878ae9c6d69413b5551b0cf63c443dbab816e21b2642705ed.jpg

Body is 5 characters too short.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    ejoslin wrote: »

I agree with you. Now this gives me plenty of time to concentrate on fallout 4.
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    Probably a tactical move.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    I am hoping the reason they're delaying it is to add features and squash as many bugs as possible. My only concern is they're possibly delaying it, not to make sure it's perfect, but to make sure they get Christmas sales even if reviews slam it. But why not both? A delay means more time to work on it.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member

Oh, me too. That's where my gaming dollars are going in November anyway.
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    I just realized that it is released two days after my birthday... :o

Birthday present from Maxis! <3
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I'm disappointed by the delay, but if it means more features and extra time to work on the culling issues (wouldn't be much fun to have half your group disappear thanks to the game culling them out of existence) then I'm okay with a delay. Hopefully we'll get some sort of content to tide us over between now and then. (And since I'm holding off on getting Spooky Day till GT releases, maybe I'll be able to get it on sale! B) )
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,873 Member
    Don't forget about Roller Coaster Tycoon World. November 15th!
  • Options
    Don't forget about Roller Coaster Tycoon World. November 15th!

Oh yeah -- I just installed Steam on my laptop for that reason (the site I'm looking at to buy it is offering it as a Steam download -- they give a streamer friend of mine a cut on every sale so I'd rather go with them first). Also the Cities:Skyline DLC is coming out early next month -- I need to get back into that game too.

• Options
    Jaysim88Jaysim88 Posts: 1,327 Member
    What??? When did this happen?
  • Options
  • Options
    lovebypondsidelovebypondside Posts: 1,364 Member
    Well that's kind of a bummer, but I'd rather wait and get more than get it sooner with fewer goodies.
    Origin ID: byscreenside
    Twitter: @byscreenside
    Youtube: YT

• Options
    edited October 2015

Thanks i didn't know that's weird, i wonder why that happened. Its not like this ep actually offers all that much to be being delayed over. TBH its sounds kinda lame. I still have no intention of buying this ep as its seems bad and pointless ill get it when its on sale in a few years.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Jaysim88 wrote: »

Thanks i didn't know that's weird, i wonder why that happened. Its not like this ep actually offers all that much to be being delayed.

They're adding more to the EP, it says in the article.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    Sarah just tweeted: The Dartboard in Get Together is functional.
  • Options
    paramournparamourn Posts: 375 Member

Ditto! No one will hear or see me for quite some time after the Fallout 4 release.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I think it is a good idea. I remember Sims 3 took more time to be developed too. In the end, the extra time and effort paid off. I selfishly want them to put in supernaturals like a zombie or something else in it though.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options

Thanks i didn't know that's weird, i wonder why that happened. Its not like this ep actually offers all that much to be being delayed.

I saw that im not a womble
  • Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    paramourn wrote: »

Ditto! No one will hear or see me for quite some time after the Fallout 4 release.

6a5290b91e83021878ae9c6d69413b5551b0cf63c443dbab816e21b2642705ed.jpg

"[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

I saw that im not a womble

Sorry, I assumed from your phrasing that you hadn't read the article, not that you're a womble, given that it's clear from it that it's not the "not all that much" previously announced content that's causing the delay, it's things they decided to add after reading what we were saying about the "not all that much" part. Plus the "why that happened" is explained.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

are you kidding me!?? I'm stuck with this boring empty game till December. Urg why can't they do anything right. Never in the sims history has an expansion pack taken so long.

They better add toddlers and let us know why on earth they are delaying it. I want toddlers and supernaturals added and im sick of them teasing us either say it or do what you were gonna do to start with.

They better release a game pack on november so i don't die of boredom
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I'm glad they are taking more time because it was obvious Get Together was not a complete expansion and more of a game pack. "The expansion was originally set to release sometime in November, but they have stated they are now adding “polish and depth into the core of the game” It was obvious Get Together was not polished and lacking features will this 3 weeks or so make much difference I hope. Either way once again us simmers who "complain" made an impact and the game will be better for it. This delay proves we were right and Get Together was not a finished game and needed more time and features, I like being right.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

are you kidding me!?? I'm stuck with this boring empty game till December. Urg why can't they do anything right. Never in the sims history has an expansion pack taken so long.

They better add toddlers and let us know why on earth they are delaying it. I want toddlers and supernaturals added and im sick of them teasing us either say it or do what you were gonna do to start with.

They better release a game pack on november so i don't die of boredom

Can I ask a genuine question? I've seen a few threads you've made with topics of this nature and I'm always curious. Have you bought all of the packs so far? How has the experience of owning those lessened your boredom? What does the new EP bring to the table that leads you to believe that this will be the magic switch that makes the "boring, empty game" not boring or empty anymore? Or is it just hope?

I come here all the time to check on news and I suppose hoping that I will see something that will spark interest in this game I've invested in. But I haven't bought any of the packs after GTW because no amount of additions helped with my boredom. Have any of them helped you long term?

• Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Sounds like the team at Maxis finally decided to listen when players said what was unveiled was not impressive. However, even with that extra month I am still not impressed with this pack.
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    I just realized that it is released two days after my birthday... :o

Birthday present from Maxis! <3

Secret feature in GT: They remodeled all maids to look like Justine. <3
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg