Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Questions on meeting sims

I have some questions about meeting sims in the game and I'm hoping someone can enlighten me.

1. What is the difference between Charming and Friendly Introductions? Is one better than the other?

2. Why do some sims with high Charisma (7-8) not have Charming Introduction available? Of the ones who do not: they have Friendly and Rude Introduction available, they instantly meet any sim I click on, and they instantly become friends with the sims I click on with a relationship level of 45. What causes this?

For example, 3 sims in my game:

Lance: Charisma 8; has all Charisma skill challenges completed except Comedian; Lucky, Athletic, Disciplined, Schmoozer, Eco-Friendly, Brave; has Long Distance Friend, Attractive, and Office Hero LTRs (of the social ones). He will insta-meet any sim I click on and only has the option of a Friendly Introduction and Rude Introduction on the first click. If I don't make a choice and then click on the same sim again there are no greets or introductions available.

Maddox: Charisma 8; has all Charisma skill challenges completed except Comedian; Lucky, Workaholic, Computer Whiz, good, Eco-Friendly, Artistic; has Long Distance Friend, Attractive LTRs. He does not insta-meet sims I click on and has Charming Introduction available (as well as Friendly and Rude Introduction).

Zane: Charisma 7; has all Charisma skill challenges completed except Comedian; Lucky, Over-Emotional, Heavy Sleeper, Loves the Outdoors, Green Thumb, Gatherer; has Long Distance Friend, Attractive, Observant LTRs. He also insta-meets sims I click on and does not have Charming Introduction available (but, like Lance, he has Friendly and Rude available).

As I type this out I'm wondering if the insta-meet on clicking on other sims is actually an instant Charming Introduction.

These sims are all in University at the moment; I'm pretty sure I see this behavior in the homeworld too.

3. I thought I had a 3rd question, but I'm drawing a blank. I've even had my coffee this morning...how about: where do the Friendly, Rude, and Really Loud Introductions come from? Charisma skill? Something else? I checked the Charisma page on the sims wiki, but none of those are mentioned.

Thanks for any helpful explanations.

Comments

• Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    This isn't something to which I've paid much attention, so am probably not the best person to answer, but I was thinking traits might be involved there, too (like charismatic and friendly). I've never seen really loud introductions, actually. What's the sim(s) like that have that option?
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Besides how long it takes to introduce each other, with the Charming introduction I have noticed a bit more of a boost to the relationship with the two sims. Also it makes becoming friends with each other easier, at least that is what I have noticed with my sims.
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited October 2015
    I'm interested in the answer to this also. I've had sims insta-meet people by clicking on them or on a WA's opportunity and I've also noticed sometimes the charming intro is missing but I don't think it is consistent. I will have to pay more attention and keep track to see if it follows some kind of pattern.
  • Options
    Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    edited October 2015
    The charming introduction provides a greater relationship boost than the friendly one. However the charming introduction is only available in the first(?) meeting of that Sim, so it is a one time use, With the correct Lifetime rewards and/or a charisma reward you can use it to make friends instantly, and they be either friends or good friends.

The friendly and rude interactions are available instantly no matter the Sims traits or skill level. But the 'Really Loud' Greet is only available to Sims with the megaphone in their inventory, this is not affected by the Sim's social statuses.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    The charming introduction provides a greater relationship boost than the friendly one. However the charming introduction is only available in the first(?) meeting of that Sim, so it is a one time use,

I think Friendly Introduction (not Friendly Greeting) is only available for the first meeting of a sim too. I usually use Charming Introduction, but for some sims the option doesn't show up.
    With the correct Lifetime rewards and/or a charisma reward you can use it to make friends instantly, and they be either friends or good friends.

By "instantly" do you mean simply by clicking on other sims, or after completing the Charming Introduction interaction? I'll have to check whether Maddox makes friends after a Charming Introduction. I assume so given his Charisma level, LTR, and Charisma challenge completions; but I'll have to try it in game and see.

I kind of assumed some combination of LTR and Charisma level/challenge completion would explain why some sims insta-meet sims on clicking and why some need to actually go through the interaction. I was hoping someone knew exactly how that worked. When I was writing my post I noticed that Zane didn't even need to be on the lot to get instant friends with the sims I was clicking on (he was out collecting rocks).
    But the 'Really Loud' Greet is only available to Sims with the megaphone in their inventory, this is not affected by the Sim's social statuses.

I should have mentioned that all 3 sims above have a megaphone in their inventory but only one has a Really Loud Introduction interaction available. I didn't check to see whether a Really Loud Greet was available.
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    suzses wrote: »
    This isn't something to which I've paid much attention, so am probably not the best person to answer, but I was thinking traits might be involved there, too (like charismatic and friendly). I've never seen really loud introductions, actually. What's the sim(s) like that have that option?

Maddox (above) has the option for a Really Loud Introduction. He has some Rebel influence and has a megaphone in his inventory (actually, all 3 sims do). I assumed it has something to do with University but the other two sims don't have that option even though they have megaphones too.