Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bored with the Sims 4 - Why is there no create a story/ write a story option? |

StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
edited September 2015 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I find myself getting bored with Sims 4.

I thought of why/how I was so entertained with the Sims 2:

1) I had multiple expansions. My favorite kinds are generations/college type expansions, and the open for business.
2) I could write stories.
3) I had a lot of CC.

All 3 of those kept my game interesting for me. I can buy another expansion, and I love the in-game gallery, but because I can't make stories how I used to, a big chunk of my interest in the game is gone.

I think mostly it's because I can't create/write stories as I used to in Sims 2. (I've never had Sims 3 PC)

What I miss the most is being able to capture photos and write stories in-game. You can take pictures, but there's no way to rearrange your memories successfully. I miss the editor/story creator/photo album that was in Sims 2. I'd never get bored with it, since I love making stories and I'd make a dozen or so different stories in my neighborhood. I never uploaded them online, and I was satisfied just having it in-game for me to read.

Why isn't this an option? I could understand if the thesims.com didn't want to host/regulate stories like they did with the sims2.com, but I had hoped at least they'd have a way for me to create stories easily in game. The only way for me to do this is would seem to:
- take pictures
- go to my documents
- upload on a blog creator in a browser

and make stories that way. But that takes so many steps and is too much work. I'd have to keep going back in game to take pictures, keep switching back & forth between the sims and my web browser..Is there something I'm missing? Is there an easier way to make sims stories? A mod, or expansion?
The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.

Comments

• Options
    craftaholiccraftaholic Posts: 447 Member
    well, I don't know what to tell you about number two or three. but, as for number one, be patient they are making EP's as fast as they can.
    Stop me if you've heard this one: a sim walks into a bar....player moves bar out of the way.....sim walks on without walking into anything else.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    > @craftaholic said:
    > well, I don't know what to tell you about number two or three. but, as for number one, be patient they are making EP's as fast as they can.

Hmm well that's true. I like the idea of the Get To Work but mostly for the business aspect. The other things don't interest me as much.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    I´d love to see the family albums from Sims 2 return. At the moment we can write (way too short) comments on memories, but those are saved per sim and not per household. That makes it hard to write a family chronicle, for instance.

For my sims chronicles I use Word and a homepage kit, but do not put the resulting sites online. A simblr (which I have) is really no substitution. In a blog you want to entertain an audience, whereas in an offline chronicle the only one I have to please is future-me.
  • Options
    rochelimitrochelimit Posts: 777 Member
    I find myself getting bored with Sims 4.

I thought of why/how I was so entertained with the Sims 2:

1) I had multiple expansions. My favorite kinds are generations/college type expansions, and the open for business.
    2) I could write stories.
    3) I had a lot of CC.

All 3 of those kept my game interesting for me. I can buy another expansion, and I love the in-game gallery, but because I can't make stories how I used to, a big chunk of my interest in the game is gone.

I think mostly it's because I can't create/write stories as I used to in Sims 2. (I've never had Sims 3 PC)

What I miss the most is being able to capture photos and write stories in-game. You can take pictures, but there's no way to rearrange your memories successfully. I miss the editor/story creator/photo album that was in Sims 2. I'd never get bored with it, since I love making stories and I'd make a dozen or so different stories in my neighborhood. I never uploaded them online, and I was satisfied just having it in-game for me to read.

Why isn't this an option? I could understand if the thesims.com didn't want to host/regulate stories like they did with the sims2.com, but I had hoped at least they'd have a way for me to create stories easily in game. The only way for me to do this is would seem to:
    - take pictures
    - go to my documents
    - upload on a blog creator in a browser

and make stories that way. But that takes so many steps and is too much work. I'd have to keep going back in game to take pictures, keep switching back & forth between the sims and my web browser..Is there something I'm missing? Is there an easier way to make sims stories? A mod, or expansion?

I agree with the story thing. In Sims2 you can write stories quiet easily, and the pictures are big and enjoyable. In Sims2, the "memories" part is where you can create story, but for some reason it loads really slow, and once you put a pic into an album, it becomes extremely blurry.

Maxis should improve the story making aspect of this. Parts of why I enjoy Sims2 is the ability to create stories in this album also. It's simple. You can write as many texts as you want as well! Sims4 is so limited, you can even type limited background story for your family. And even, I can't write a specific personality for each of my Sim. Sims4 is not as detailed as Sims2, YET, so please Maxis improve this tiny details. The moving clocks, the story aspect, the NPCs, PLEASE