The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it better now?

I stopped playing Sims 4 right before Get To Work came out. I had everything released up to that point (which I realize isn't too awfully much) but I just couldn't seem to get into the game. It simply didn't have the long-term playing power that the previous Sims games had. I grew bored too quickly when playing, and finally, I just stopped booting the game up at all.

But now I see there's a lot more stuff out and I'm interested in trying again. Is it worth buying all of the new stuff (from GtW onward) or is it still just kind of boring/doesn't have good long-term play power?

Comments

• Options
    plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    edited September 2015
    Well, there's a lot of stuff for parties.

It all seems geared to parties really.

EDIT:
    Don't forget the next EP is quite focused on parties:
    Get_Together_Announce2.png
    Post edited by plopppo on
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    The game does not have the long term appeal because culling kills your families and delete them from the family tree. Whats the point in playing when you know your progress is going to be deleted.

Short answer to your question is NO
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    edited September 2015
    plopppo wrote: »
    Well, there's a lot of stuff for parties.

It all seems geared to parties really.

Not really. 90% of my time I spend ingame I go either clubbing or throw a party (in all sims games that is). And I still hate The Sims 4 because it lacks so much party content and partying in general is most of the time too disfunctional - so no fun at all. I really hope for a Late Night EP asap!

"[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    ASDF0716ASDF0716 Posts: 1,703 Member
    It's exactly the same as before G2W. If you were tired of it then, odds are, you'll still be tired of it now.
  • Options
    TheSimsBoi13TheSimsBoi13 Posts: 810 Member
    Hi OP! I think that the Sims 4 is much more enjoyable now than it was during that time and even during launch. I find myself really enjoying the add-ons Outdoor Retreat for those mini camping vacation rendezvous weekends & Spa Day when you want to be pampered. The animations in Spa Day (to me) are the best in Sims 4 so far. Whoever did them deserves a HUGE thumbs up. Love them.

So if you're able to get Outdoor Retreat & Spa Day I would definitely recommend doing so. The game is that much better with them!

Have fun Simming!
    Check out my tumblr @ http://www.thesimsboi.tumblr.com

Origin ID: TheSimsBoi13
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/TheSimsBoi
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    Yes, the game is really rounded out in comparison of where it was a year ago.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    The gameplay is still pretty much the same. A lot of task oriented stuff, closed worlds, etc. If you like the game, you'll like the additions. If you find the game boring, you'll probably burn out in a week or so after the newness of new content wears off.
  • Options
    plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    I have to defend myself here in terms of the next EP "The Sims 4 Get Together" - it is kind of party based:
    http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/news/get-together-expansion

It's hardly family-play, etc.

It adds to the game - but it is following a trend.
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    The game is pretty fun to play and will get even better once Get Together is released. This EP is focused on hanging out with friends, family, significant other so there'll be plenty of fun activities to do. Besides, I've wanted coffee shops in my game since release.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Its okay...
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    OnyxemeryOnyxemery Posts: 107 Member
    Thanks for the replies!

I think the huge problem for me was a severe lack of stuff to do. I like to play multiple families at once sometimes (just on different saves/worlds) and like to play each of those families differently. For example, one might be geared towards staying home and building artistic skills while the other might be more socialable and build more athletic skills. However, in Sims 4, it seemed like I always ran out of stuff to do and all of my Sims just started building the same things...which is not exactly fun if everything ends up the same over and over again.

So I guess what I'm hoping for, too, is that maybe there's more stuff to keep myself entertained as well as build diverse Sims...?
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    You can do whatever you would like in the Sims 4. o:)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    Onyxemery wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies!

I think the huge problem for me was a severe lack of stuff to do. I like to play multiple families at once sometimes (just on different saves/worlds) and like to play each of those families differently. For example, one might be geared towards staying home and building artistic skills while the other might be more socialable and build more athletic skills. However, in Sims 4, it seemed like I always ran out of stuff to do and all of my Sims just started building the same things...which is not exactly fun if everything ends up the same over and over again.

So I guess what I'm hoping for, too, is that maybe there's more stuff to keep myself entertained as well as build diverse Sims...?

You might want to check out what people have been saying about the Spa Day game pack (which sits really nicely with the Perfect Patio stuff pack and its hot tubs).
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    JouvayJouvay Posts: 834 Member
    Thanks for the replies!

Sims tend to round off into being the same, traits don't seem to influence this much - so if creating diverse Sims is what you want to do, you may get tired trying.

• Options
    ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    Thanks for the replies!

I believe GTW has added quite some stuff (I still haven't tried it all yet) then Spa day got added which added yoga etc. So there more stuff to do now, and with a new expansion on the way, there should be even more. But yeah, it depends on your play-style, might be boring to you, who knows.