Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Judging The New Expansion Pack Already? Why?

iheartsimsforeveiheartsimsforeve Posts: 82 Member
Why do everyone seems to dislike Get Together Ep already when we don't even know anything about it yet? Shouldn't we wait till we get more info on it and then judge it? I just want to know how other people feel?
Post edited by iheartsimsforeve on

Comments

• Options
    edwardreyedwardrey Posts: 20 New Member
    i already know the Get To Work EP >:)
  • Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    Assuming you mean Get Together, I'm not happy because of what I've learned about it. I've seen what they've listed as core features and what the devs have had to say about the club feature and I'm far from impressed.

Plus, this is what people see when they look at the pack info on amazon:

Explore A New World: Discover the beautiful new world of Windenburg! Explore its scenic neighborhoods including the charming traditional countryside, bustling town square, ultra-modern business district, and exclusive private island.
    Visit Local Hotspots: There are plenty of new places for Sims to get together! Enjoy the afternoon Sim watching at the outdoor café, meet up for drinks at the local pub, dance the night away at the underground discotheque, get lost in the sprawling hedge maze at the garden chateau, take a dip in the alluring pools alongside the bluffs, or explore the mysterious ancient ruins.
    Meet New Sims: Live it up and meet new Sims by joining different clubs, each with their own interests, personalities, and style. Hang out with your favorite club and either go with the flow, or mix things up and start some drama. You can also meet up with other clubs to see what interesting stories unfold. Can't find the perfect club? Create and customize your own clubs and play any way you like. Playing with different clubs unlocks unique rewards for you to enjoy.
    Rule The Dance Floor: Take the party to the next level with the new DJ & dancing skills. Pump up the crowd by creating the perfect mix on the DJ booth, then jump on the dance floor and show off all new dance moves.
    Grab A Drink: Flirt with the cute barista, grab a delicious espresso, and enjoy your caffeine buzz at the café. Then meet up at the local pub for a quick bite and challenge other Sims to a thrilling game of foosball.

Sorry, that just looks like a sad sad state of affairs to me. Also in my experience they always share the biggest juiciest info about a pack right away, meaning we already have been told all the major features of the pack. If they had a game changer up their sleeve I don't think they'd be hiding it because they want people to get excited about the pack.
  • Options
    SarduchiSarduchi Posts: 208 Member
    Because they're asking us to buy it already.
  • Options
    pallies1pallies1 Posts: 326 Member
    Why do everyone seems to dislike Get Together Ep already when we don't even know anything about it yet? Shouldn't we wait till we get more info on it and then judge it? I just want to know how other people feel?

Because based on the info we have GT is all about clubs and partying. And partying isn't really a new core feature since all you can do in the base game is to party and go to clubs.

The new thing with clubs isn't enough to be called an expansion pack. Neither is a new world or a new wardrobe. It should have have been delivered in a game pack instead.
  • Options
    DiabolicalSimmerDiabolicalSimmer Posts: 84 Member
    So shall we all pretend we're happy with it then?
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I would say it is about the social clubs not partying :smile: looking forward to see how people will use them ingame. This the confirmed content so far.

New world Windenburg

"A complete new world"
    Size of a full world such as the base game worlds.
    "Neighborhoods include a charming traditional countryside, a town square, ultra-modern business district, and an exclusive private island"
    Will be able to live in Windenburg
    Developers are "still building" the world
    "There's just something about Sims from Windenburg that makes you want to meet them all."
    Hidden garden chateau with hedge maze to get lost in.
    "Stunning pools along the bluffs"
    "Mysterious ancient ruins."
    The ruins are a mix of lots and public spaces. (Neighborhood)
    Invite sims to a party at the ruins via the phone.
    New lot size 64x64
    The size of Windenburg is as big as the base game worlds.
    Premade houses

Clubs
    Children and Teens can have their own clubs
    Create your own
    Customize interests, personalities, behavior, and styles.
    Plumbob Modification
    Club members will have new plumbob that are white with the club's symbol.
    Player can choose club symbol.
    Club leader gets a crown around the plumbob.
    The leader can set rules for the club.
    Clubs will conflict with each other.
    Sims in a club walk together, do the same things as active sim / leader of club.
    Makeover Sims of the club with the new walk-in closet. (Sims not in household.)
    New club interaction menu.
    Up to 8 sims in a club.
    A Sim can join 3 clubs but only active in one at a time.
    You can create an infinite number of clubs.
    Clubs UI is similar to Retail UI and is available in Live Mode.
    Can have rivalry including fights and dance offs.
    "Huge club system if you mix different groups."
    Able to customize the location of the club, the clothes, what they like or dislike.
    "Playing with different clubs unlocks unique rewards for Sims to enjoy."
    "You can control who is in, or out, of a club and what a club likes to do."
    "For the first time, players will be able to create and play with groups of Sims"
    Example: Fitness club, popular kids, chess club
    Example: Check and Mate Club where sims are encouraged to play chess and WooHoo.
    ""It is in live mode and if you remember from GTW we had UI that helped you figure out what you're going to do with your retail business. The clubs UI is located in a similar spot so you'll have this UI that will pop up for every sim and you can take control of what their clubs can do within that UI. So it is in Live Mode. "
    Player cannot restrict genders as a rule.
    Player controls all club members indirectly with active Sim.
    Player can indicate what venue Clubs will gather at.
    Player influences the autonomous actions of Club members with their active Sim.
    Clubs will behave according to their rules, theme, and behavior even while inactive.
    Players can have a total of 10 rules. 5 Encouraged and 5 Discouraged.

DJ Booth
    DJ Skill
    The better your DJ Skill, the more exciting the party is.
    "Pump up the crowd by creating the perfect mix in the DJ booth."
    "Set up the DJ Booth to get the party started."

Bonfire
    Same interactions as campfire

Walk-In Closet
    New WooHoo spot
    Kids can play in the closet.
    "Try a variety of different outfits with other Sims to get their reactions"
    "Select outfits for all of your Sims and get ready for a big night out."

Barista Bar
    New drinks with mood effects.
    Object with multiple pieces.
    Can be used with GTW for a shop.
    Barista can be hired similar to barkeepers.

Natural Pools
    New feature you can create your own.
    New borders and "stuff like that"
    Decorate natural pools.
    New Venue: Pools

New Bush WooHoo
    New object
    "Sneak away for a quick romp in the bushes..."

Dance Skill
    Create your own group routine

Cafe Lot
    "Build your own cafe and run it if you have GTW installed."
    New Barista can be hired to your home.

Other tidbits:
    New Traits
    New Aspiration
    New European Inspired Recipes
    Carry-out food
    Foosball Table
    "Dare other Sims to get into some hilarious situations"
    New Romance Interactions.
    "They're working on new smartphone cases, but can't promise anything."
    Many new items that can be dragged and dopped to use on venues and public space.
    New WooHoo bush
    All information in this post is factual from reliable and official sources including but not limited to screenshots, videos, statements, and press releases. All sources are linked below:

http://simsvip.com/forums/threads/gt-confirmed-content.1326/
  • Options
    SimSwim2SimSwim2 Posts: 2,481 Member
    I'm excited about Get Together. I know a lot of people aren't excited because they expected a different EP like Generations or Pets. I'm excited for it mostly because of the new club system. The new club system looks awesome. I'm also excited for the new traits and aspiration even though I don't know what they are yet. I find that the traits and aspiration choices we have now are lacking. If you are not excited about Get Together, simply don't buy it and don't complain about it. I am definitely going to buy it because it looks amazing.
    Origin ID: StripedRainbow
  • Options
    gabriella92italygabriella92italy Posts: 607 Member
    SimSwim2 wrote: »
    I'm excited about Get Together. I know a lot of people aren't excited because they expected a different EP like Generations or Pets. I'm excited for it mostly because of the new club system. The new club system looks awesome. I'm also excited for the new traits and aspiration even though I don't know what they are yet. I find that the traits and aspiration choices we have now are lacking. If you are not excited about Get Together, simply don't buy it and don't complain about it. I am definitely going to buy it because it looks amazing.

Perfectly agreed with you
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,664 Member
    I'm excited for it. Plus, I'm not going to judge the game so hard based on the announce trailer we saw since it's not the real official trailer anyway. I still can't wait to see tiny trailers like they did for GTW. Hopefully, the small trailers will do the pack some justice. :)
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,460 Member
    What a very easy question. The trailer was released and we've seen it. We know enough.
    The trailer showed very little. Once the info drop comes in October you ll see this ep has things in it that went shown in the trailer.
  • Options
    HimynameisHimynameis Posts: 336 Member
    I despise the way they're marketing it, it is going against what the community wants in the game. But as for content I think it's really meh and not much for an entire EP. I hope I'm wrong. I hope in the 2 months since they announced it and got the horrific feedback I'm sure they weren't expecting that they took some time to change things for the better and add in new things. But I highly doubt that. However I want to see the clubs in action before I say anything about them. We've only been told about them, we've never seen them in action (an they have already made some bad decisions, I don't see why blocking a certain gender from a club can't be in there.)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Alysha1988 wrote: »
    Assuming you mean Get Together, I'm not happy because of what I've learned about it. I've seen what they've listed as core features and what the devs have had to say about the club feature and I'm far from impressed.

Explore A New World: Discover the beautiful new world of Windenburg! Explore its scenic neighborhoods including the charming traditional countryside, bustling town square, ultra-modern business district, and exclusive private island.
    Visit Local Hotspots: There are plenty of new places for Sims to get together! Enjoy the afternoon Sim watching at the outdoor café, meet up for drinks at the local pub, dance the night away at the underground discotheque, get lost in the sprawling hedge maze at the garden chateau, take a dip in the alluring pools alongside the bluffs, or explore the mysterious ancient ruins.
    Meet New Sims: Live it up and meet new Sims by joining different clubs, each with their own interests, personalities, and style. Hang out with your favorite club and either go with the flow, or mix things up and start some drama. You can also meet up with other clubs to see what interesting stories unfold. Can't find the perfect club? Create and customize your own clubs and play any way you like. Playing with different clubs unlocks unique rewards for you to enjoy.
    Rule The Dance Floor: Take the party to the next level with the new DJ & dancing skills. Pump up the crowd by creating the perfect mix on the DJ booth, then jump on the dance floor and show off all new dance moves.
    Grab A Drink: Flirt with the cute barista, grab a delicious espresso, and enjoy your caffeine buzz at the café. Then meet up at the local pub for a quick bite and challenge other Sims to a thrilling game of foosball.

Sorry, that just looks like a sad sad state of affairs to me. Also in my experience they always share the biggest juiciest info about a pack right away, meaning we already have been told all the major features of the pack. If they had a game changer up their sleeve I don't think they'd be hiding it because they want people to get excited about the pack.

I like the joining clubs idea, and being able to make our own clubs. I think that will be great for teens to give them a reason to hang out together and away from the young adults hanging around. I also like the coffee bar with the NPC barista -- reminds me a lot of the barista bar from Sims 3 University, though in Sims 4 since Sims can eat and drink at the same time you could have a Sim buy both an espresso and a goodie of some sort. Will be nice to have someplace to grab a snack; I've added the GTW snack machines various places in town but can't hurt to have more places to eat.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member

I like the joining clubs idea, and being able to make our own clubs. I think that will be great for teens to give them a reason to hang out together and away from the young adults hanging around. I also like the coffee bar with the NPC barista -- reminds me a lot of the barista bar from Sims 3 University, though in Sims 4 since Sims can eat and drink at the same time you could have a Sim buy both an espresso and a goodie of some sort. Will be nice to have someplace to grab a snack; I've added the GTW snack machines various places in town but can't hurt to have more places to eat.

Thank you, I'm going to start adding vending machines around town XD
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Prink34320 wrote: »

I like the joining clubs idea, and being able to make our own clubs. I think that will be great for teens to give them a reason to hang out together and away from the young adults hanging around. I also like the coffee bar with the NPC barista -- reminds me a lot of the barista bar from Sims 3 University, though in Sims 4 since Sims can eat and drink at the same time you could have a Sim buy both an espresso and a goodie of some sort. Will be nice to have someplace to grab a snack; I've added the GTW snack machines various places in town but can't hurt to have more places to eat. Th

Thank you, I'm going to start adding vending machines around town XD

I've got a community pool that I downloaded from the Gallery (it was classified as a park so at the side it's got play equipment for the kids set up almost like a water park; very cool looking), so I added a snack machine, microwave and sink to the building where the showers are. That's in Willow Creek; I built my own museum for Oasis Springs and have a 3rd floor "classroom" floor with easels, music stuff and science stuff, so I might modify it to add in a cafe if I get GT.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    bluskys789123bluskys789123 Posts: 147 Member
    > @SimSwim2 said:
    > I'm excited about Get Together. I know a lot of people aren't excited because they expected a different EP like Generations or Pets. I'm excited for it mostly because of the new club system. The new club system looks awesome. I'm also excited for the new traits and aspiration even though I don't know what they are yet. I find that the traits and aspiration choices we have now are lacking. If you are not excited about Get Together, simply don't buy it and don't complain about it. I am definitely going to buy it because it looks amazing.

I think it is a little harsh to tell people that they have no right to express their disappointment or "complain" if they aren't one of the people who likes the EP. So only people who like new EPs can ever comment how they feel about it? Unfortunately, reality doesn't allow only one viewpoint to exist. It's unrealistic to expect only people with ONE viewpoint to be allowed to talk.
  • Options
    KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    Ever since that first trailer (that was launched in a very "let's party wooooh!" way) people have convinced themselves that the EP is all partying material and nothing more.
    This is why there has been this costant uproar in the forum.

By all means, I would love to see some real, well structured criticism about the EP, because it's criticism what pushes forward the team to make better and better EPs... but the point it, how can you criticize something that you couldn't even put your hands on first, or even seen being played by others? The EP is not out yet, and that's a fact. No one has played it yet, so no one can make a defined statement about whether they like it, love it, hate it or don't even mind it, or even more say if it's truly worth the price or not - aside from stating that the "club feature" is not what they want so, because of that, they're not going to buy the EP at all.
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • Options
    bluskys789123bluskys789123 Posts: 147 Member
    @Kiwicantdie , I totally agree that it's a bit premature to think we know everything about this EP. I do remember reading a synopsis of current features posted elsewhere on this forum, and from what I saw, I wasn't personally excited about the main concepts (more partying, clubs where sims' behavior and dress is determined by the leader). That's why I'm pretty sure I won't be buying it. But, that said, I'm always open to changing my mind if it comes out and there is way more to love than I previously knew about. I actually WANT to love every new EP that comes out. It would mean a better experience! Who wouldn't love that?
  • Options
    pamy1124pamy1124 Posts: 525 Member
    > @SimSwim2 said:
    > I'm excited about Get Together. I know a lot of people aren't excited because they expected a different EP like Generations or Pets. I'm excited for it mostly because of the new club system. The new club system looks awesome. I'm also excited for the new traits and aspiration even though I don't know what they are yet. I find that the traits and aspiration choices we have now are lacking. If you are not excited about Get Together, simply don't buy it and don't complain about it. I am definitely going to buy it because it looks amazing.

I think it is a little harsh to tell people that they have no right to express their disappointment or "complain" if they aren't one of the people who likes the EP. So only people who like new EPs can ever comment how they feel about it? Unfortunately, reality doesn't allow only one viewpoint to exist. It's unrealistic to expect only people with ONE viewpoint to be allowed to talk.

This is something that always bugs me in both the forums on other sims fan sites. When people complain, there is always someone saying "Don't like it? Don't buy it and stop complaining." and the thing is, without voicing your opinions the sims team will never know what fans really want. Be lucky fans care enough to complain, if we just stopped buying the games cause of things we didn't like without voicing our opinions then the game would go out of business and not be around anymore. I don't think any of us wants that. We complain about these things cause we love the game and want it to be everything we think it can be and more.
    tumblr_mepseko5hO1r4j4oj.gif
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    pamy1124 wrote: »
    > @SimSwim2 said:

This is something that always bugs me in both the forums on other sims fan sites. When people complain, there is always someone saying "Don't like it? Don't buy it and stop complaining." and the thing is, without voicing your opinions the sims team will never know what fans really want. Be lucky fans care enough to complain, if we just stopped buying the games cause of things we didn't like without voicing our opinions then the game would go out of business and not be around anymore. I don't think any of us wants that. We complain about these things cause we love the game and want it to be everything we think it can be and more.

Yea that'd really annoying. I don't think I've done that, but what really bugs me are the people saying anyone who is happy buying everything are "brainwashed". Just because I like something you don't like doesn't mean I'm brainwashed. It means I'm open to trying what's in front of me.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    NeverSeemsToEndNeverSeemsToEnd Posts: 292 Member

I'm judjing based on what they gave to me(us), they didn't told another word since, so i think it's legitimate. If a person give you an info about something, you will answer based on what that person spoke, you will not wait one month ou two to answer right???
    Origin ID: NeverSeemsToEnd
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Because EA likes to withhold information. So the little bit we've seen makes people believe that's all there is. And the little bit they've shown us was marketed ALL wrong.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    Because EA likes to withhold information. So the little bit we've seen makes people believe that's all there is. And the little bit they've shown us was marketed ALL wrong.

http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/news/get-to-work

This is the official blog post for The Sims 4 Get to Work EP, within that blog you will find that upon announce Maxis detailed the core features of this pack. 3 brand new active careers, and the ability to run your own retail store. It also lists aliens as the new lifestate.

As you see, all of the core features are broken down there. (I am excluding basements because they were made to all players, not limited to this pack). Maxis has listed the standout features for Get Together as: A new world, social clubs, and a walk in closet.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

This is the official blog post for The Sims 4 Get to Work EP, within that blog you will find that upon announce Maxis detailed the core features of this pack. 3 brand new active careers, and the ability to run your own retail store. It also lists aliens as the new lifestate.

As you see, all of the core features are broken down there. (I am excluding basements because they were made to all players, not limited to this pack). Maxis has listed the standout features for Get Together as: A new world, social clubs, and a walk in closet.

Yes but we didn't have to wait 4 months from the announcement trailer for GTW either....
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited October 2015

I have seen and read everything there is to know about Get Together. They have not detailed everything that will be included, and to many people what was revealed still sounds like very little.