Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Curtis Paradis latest news on the RF interview

jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
So I have just watched Curtis Paradis latest show about the interview with Rachel Franklin, particularly pertaining to toddlers. Although CP tried to remain as unbiased as possible (which, he usually does) I can't help but notice that even he seems to use a certain tone that says "this is ridiculous." I thought he was one of the yibsims or at least one who works indirectly with the sims team? I am not entirely sure. But another red flag nonetheless. I just thought his video was interesting seeing as he has been a pretty big proponent of sims 4 but now his tone seems to have changed slightly.

Thoughts on his video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nPzNsHdzVI

Comments

• Options
    Yeah, I've been trying to figure out how to get to video up there without just the link :(
  • Options
    LaAbby wrote: »
    It won't let me watch it for some reason, it says not available offline.

But let's be real, only a true optimist and I mean an extremely optimist person would continue to support their messy "direction". I've seen people that like the game realize that it's not going so well anymore after the interview.

I really only think we can make a difference in terms of sales, because clearly our voice will truly never be heard. They only look at stats and money, that's all that matters to them.

Pretty much, yes.
  • Options
    Shadecaster101Shadecaster101 Posts: 1,343 Member
    edited September 2015
    It won't let me watch either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nPzNsHdzVI

EDIT: My thoughts... her response was pretty harsh. Basically saying family players need to get over it. Maybe it was just the tone he was reading it in, though.
  • Options
    @Shadecaster101 thank you, that helped me fix it!!
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited September 2015
    I think the reference interview was just as embarrassing as the Gamescom presentation. PR needs an overhaul for the Sims 4. I thought in the video, he seemed civil in it. Nice way he presented it.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    edited September 2015
    But let's be real, only a true optimist and I mean an extremely optimist person would continue to support their messy "direction".

5mlMSe6.gif
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    I just thought it was interesting that one of the people who worked indirectly with the sims team (so I thought, I could be wrong) has now been starting to play a different tune.
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    jaxie086 wrote: »
    I just thought it was interesting that one of the people who worked indirectly with the sims team (so I thought, I could be wrong) has now been starting to play a different tune.

I don't think all the gurus that worked on the game fully support how it's going ... Maybe some do and some don't, I mean we've also had a few gurus leave ... I'm wondering if that was partly the reason why they left.
  • Options
    also, I've noticed the simmers that I follow on YouTube have cut back on their Sim 4 Let's Plays as well. They have either gone back to doing more Sims 3 and Sims 2 videos or have turned to other games all together. A lot of players are starting to see that there have been many short cuts taken, and the core game play is severely lacking.

I don't see it. o:)

The only YouTuber that hasn't post in a long time is Andrew Arcade, but he has a valid reason with it.
  • Options
    jaxie086 wrote: »

I don't think all the gurus that worked on the game fully support how it's going ... Maybe some do and some don't, I mean we've also had a few gurus leave ... I'm wondering if that was partly the reason why they left.

I wonder too, that's a good point.
  • Options

No SimGuru left. :o

Except for @SimGuruHydra and @SimGuruRyan. :)
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    @Colton147147, I said YouTubers I follow. LOL Not sure if you follow them or not, not sure how popular they are in other circles. I don't normally follow the "popular" simmers on YouTube.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    @Colton147147, I said YouTubers I follow. LOL Not sure if you follow them or not, not sure how popular they are in other circles. I don't normally follow the "popular" simmers on YouTube.

I only follow two - Andrew Arcade and LifeSimmer.

I am starting to lose interest in LifeSimmer however...
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member

And all the gurus fired in March/April who tweeted such comments explicitly :smirk:
  • Options
    And all the gurus fired in March/April who tweeted such comments explicitly :smirk:

Those weren't SimGurus. ;)

They were Maxis Emeryville Gurus. ;)
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member

I only follow two - Andrew Arcade and LifeSimmer.

I am starting to lose interest in LifeSimmer however...

I follow LifeSimmer too. I had stopped but came back. I'm really tiring of her too.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    edited September 2015
    op i can say we all deserve to get the missing content we went toddlers included even if i do not like toddlers much i do went them back makes more sense if i create familys that requires a younger age than child like in my case i would love to see the option to do laundry return in the sims4
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options

Interesting :smirk:
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    CK213 wrote: »
    :p Their decision had nothing to do with play-styles.

We don't have enough time to put in toddlers. We either delay the game, or delay toddlers.
    That's the information they had at the time. The game was rushed out.

That's no excuse. There are plenty of awesome games out there that delay their release in order to provide their players the best gaming experience. I've played games before where the developer has said before release, even though players are clamoring for the release, that "this game is not ready yet." I wish sims 4 had done the same.

So I guess I'm saying they should have delayed it. Definitely.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Sheplays wrote: »
    Peter Moore said that if Maxis needed more time, they should have asked for it.
    I think PM is the COO

EA does not allow any of their branches, except Bioware, to ask for extended time; EA wants their money right now and Maxis and the other branches has until their release date to release the game or face punishment.

EDIT: EA does however allow extended time to all branches if they desperately need it, but that is a slight chance EA will extend it.