Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Default Skin

So a few months ago I dowloaded a cc default skin, but I decided that I want to unistall it because I want to upload to the exchange cc free sims. So can someone tell me how to remove it without corrupting the game?
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    edited September 2015
    You simply remove it from your mods folder.

If you have saves already, you simply edit them in Create-A-Sim to have the Maxis skin instead of the burnt skin. :)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    pri4321pri4321 Posts: 225 Member
    @Colton147147 So that means that the entire town will have burnt skin? Because default skins make all sims with Maxis skin use it
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    I believe so.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited September 2015
    pri4321 wrote: »
    So a few months ago I dowloaded a cc default skin, but I decided that I want to unistall it because I want to upload to the exchange cc free sims. So can someone tell me how to remove it without corrupting the game?
    Thanks

You should not have to remove the skin from your game. Im not sure about default skin but can you take your sim into cas make a twin of your sim but use the EA skin and upload the twin.?
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Defaults do not carry over to the exchange unlike most CC. If you still want to remove it then uninstall it from your launcher if it's a sims3pack or remove it from your mods folder if it's a package file. Delete Cache files

This is all from experience and clearing cache is important after removing defaults.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/