Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Meet *new* sims at parties.

It would be really neat if our sims could meet new people at parties.

I'd like an option to give our party guests a +1 so they can bring an unknown friend. :)

Comments

• Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    Didn't guest do that in TS3? I'm not sure but I think they would sometimes bring along other sims from their household. I think this would be a nice addition. That or make our sims get invited to regular parties (not birthdays), which would be a very good way of meeting new sims.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Mightydan wrote: »
    Didn't guest do that in TS3? I'm not sure but I think they would sometimes bring along other sims from their household. I think this would be a nice addition. That or make our sims get invited to regular parties (not birthdays), which would be a very good way of meeting new sims.
    Party crashers is a thing in TS3 and they often refuse to go home in my game it seems. :D It's kind of funny and I Iook forward to who might show up.

Does TS4 really not have party crashers?

i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    Mightydan wrote: »
    Party crashers is a thing in TS3 and they often refuse to go home in my game it seems. :D It's kind of funny and I Iook forward to who might show up.

No it does not! It needs them lol.
  • Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    The Sims 4 will live long you said....even PARTIES is The Sims 4's main thing yet it lacks stuff within the concept. If this doesn't SHINE something to you then I don't know what will :/
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    I think it would be neat too if sims brought food with them to your party like in the sims 3.
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    edited September 2015
    If I remember right, in TS2, some Sims would ask if they can bring a friend along, that was great ! Perhaps that's something that could be added in a patch.

Invitation to party, and not just birthday, by townies would be good too, that would be a great way to meet new Sims
  • Options
    DiabolicalSimmerDiabolicalSimmer Posts: 84 Member
    I would of liked to have a bit more in control of when the party ends. Maybe I want it to last longer and it's a shame we still haven't got that yet.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    If I remember right, in TS2, some Sims would ask if they can bring a friend along, that was great ! Perhaps that's something that could be added in a patch.

Invitation to party, and not just birthday, by townies would be good too, that would be a great way to meet new Sims
    I remember in TS1 sims would sometimes bring brownies over or something. It kept my poor sims alive that couldn't afford food. :D
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    ValandisValandis Posts: 2,008 Member
    Neia wrote: »

I remember in TS1 sims would sometimes bring brownies over or something. It kept my poor sims alive that couldn't afford food. :D

You and me both!! :lol: I miss those (useful) wonderful gifts they brought with them.
  • Options
    SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    yeah ı thınk ın ts3 ıt was lıke that but then they choosed to brıng theır most horrıble lookıng frıend that looked more lıke a stalker to me so ı kınd of never ınvıted them ın the house.

Anyway, ıt would be a nıce feature ın the sıms 4 though sınce the sıms look a lot better than the ones from ts3
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member

I've definitey had party crashers in TS4, but not every time...
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    edited September 2015
    This feature was available in TS2. Bring chocolates was available in TS1. Can't speak for TS3.

Perhaps players didn't use these features in their gameplay so they were removed. #telemetry
  • Options

Really??! I never have! :(
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member

Really??! I never have! :(

Not that often, granted, but definitely once as I can remember spotting one fashion-challenged townie and thinking "who the heck are you?!" Maybe a patch put paid to it though...
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    The only sim I found that ended up at one of the parties I threw was a squatter that recognized the lot as her home
    That household broke after she got pregnant and gave birth LOL. I was able to fix it by moving her out, though.

Then again, that townie was pretty special.
    She died earlier that day, but ended up being alive at the party and it's not like I keep plates of ambrosia just laying around. :/
  • Options
    nator316nator316 Posts: 130 Member
    I meeted a scientist and a waitress on a party on the same night in the same lounge and Kissed Them both while the Wife was at work as a Cook.
  • Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    The Sims 4 will live long you said....even PARTIES is The Sims 4's main thing yet it lacks stuff within the concept. If this doesn't SHINE something to you then I don't know what will :/

Why are you guys dis-agreeing? Are you that blind to realize even after 3 packs dedicated to partying and the pary aspect still lacks stuff? Well....I guess to many people are blind these days :/
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    On first glance this meeting new sims at parties sounds great, but if I think it a little further, the game might just decide to CREATE a new sim instead of pulling from the pool of already existing sims. One more sims towards the population limit and another culling onslaught...

And, yes, party crashers do exist in Sims 4. At least it looks like it, might just as well be the usual stalkers that just coincide with a party going on.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    On first glance this meeting new sims at parties sounds great, but if I think it a little further, the game might just decide to CREATE a new sim instead of pulling from the pool of already existing sims. One more sims towards the population limit and another culling onslaught...

And, yes, party crashers do exist in Sims 4. At least it looks like it, might just as well be the usual stalkers that just coincide with a party going on.

Hmm, if the extra sim would come from the same household no new sims would need to be created. Think it could be a fun thing but not the end of the world if I won't see it ingame.