Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The future of the Sims 4 interview with Rachel Franklin!

Comments

• Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,448 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    This interview is depressing. The interviewer strengthens all her wrong ideas. Open worlds destroy the feeling? Photorealism would be terrible? Obviously he is no simmer.
    Thanks for warning me. I was planning to click the link but now I fear it will only 🐸🐸🐸🐸 me off in a terrible way.

I think RF's talking about the bad open worlds is whistling in the dark. This was not a decision. They had to abandon the open worlds because they couldn't handle them technically. I hope in 2019 game technology will be more advanced!

• Options
    ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    so... in other words the fans have no influence on the sims as a franchise anymore. we can take it or leave it. it's rachel's way or the highway. i get it. no, actually i won't get it. i'll gladly take the highway.

That was great DLC in Fallout. Mind you, a highway in TS4 would have a loading screen every mile or kilometer, depending on your region.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    This interview is depressing. The interviewer strengthens all her wrong ideas. Open worlds destroy the feeling? Photorealism would be terrible? Obviously he is no simmer.

I'm a Simmer since shortly after The Sims launch. I've played every version of the game, with at least half the EPs for all of them. I wasn't a fan of open world and definitely don't want photorealism. You can't just peg Simmers that easily - and that's part of the challenge of making this game, I'm sure.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member

I'm a Simmer since shortly after The Sims launch. I've played every version of the game, with at least half the EPs for all of them. I wasn't a fan of open world and definitely don't want photorealism. You can't just peg Simmers that easily - and that's part of the challenge of making this game, I'm sure.

Agreed! Well said as always Luth.
  • Options
    cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,519 Member
    edited September 2015

It's no longer cradle to grave, it's "Bassinet to nightclub".

ROFL! :D
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member

I dare to say we all dream secretly of photorealism. If you look at the mods for TS4, they all go in this direction. That said, I generally like the look of Sims 4 except the blue sky and the painted clouds. But for the future I want much more.

Well, if I do, it's secret even from me ;) "We all" have our own, individual preferences. Mine is not for photorealism; I find photorealism in games extremely disturbing.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.