Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spa as a retail store?

Does anyone know if you can use a spa as a retail store?

I decided Eliza Pancakes was going to quit her job and open up a retail store and as i was creating it i thought of making a spa, i havent finished building it, just wondering has anyone else done this?

Comments

• Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    Well I believe for retail stores you can only sell objects. You can't charge for services. What would you want to sell?
  • Options
    xovaleexovalee Posts: 273 Member
    I don't think there is a way to make money running the spa. You only make money selling items like in a retail store. Sadly, we don't have a spa career.
  • Options
    SuRihtanilSuRihtanil Posts: 1,456 Member
    I wish you could own and manage lots like gym, spa, or even hotel. That would be legit and amazing... but I doubt it will ever be added to the game, but I could be wrong.
  • Options
    Brieanna19Brieanna19 Posts: 307 Member
    I would more so sell my service :D .

@SuRihtanil , I WISH we could run the Gym or spa.. A hotel would be AWESOME!! Maybe if "Get together" has a coffee shop, it would open up a couple more jobs, like a barista.
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Brieanna19 wrote: »
    I would more so sell my service :D .

@SuRihtanil , I WISH we could run the Gym or spa.. A hotel would be AWESOME!! Maybe if "Get together" has a coffee shop, it would open up a couple more jobs, like a barista.

You would have to sell cups of coffee that they won't even drink. The retail function only allows you to have RETAIL stores. Stores that sell things. A service place like a spa, hotel, or coffee shop isn't possible to run at this time. There is a Barista Bar (and a barista for hire) in Get Together and they say you can run a coffee shop if you have GTW but I doubt it will work the way you think. I think there was a riot about it a few weeks ago here on the forum.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    SuRihtanilSuRihtanil Posts: 1,456 Member
    edited September 2015
    Yeah I want a coffee shop. I love coffee I drink starbucks daily, would love making coffee and panckaes and serving sims at a cozy little coffee shop while sims read their newspaper. lol. The simple things in the sims are what I enjoy.
  • Options
    SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    you could sell the lotıons and all of those objects at the front desk maybe.. and then have sıms come ın and use the spa so ıt wıll stıll gıve you the feel of a spa and you can wın a lıttle bıt of money wıth ıt.

Not sure though ıf sıms actually use spa ıtems ın your retaıl storeö somethıng says me they dont
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    SimsFur wrote: »
    you could sell the lotıons and all of those objects at the front desk maybe.. and then have sıms come ın and use the spa so ıt wıll stıll gıve you the feel of a spa and you can wın a lıttle bıt of money wıth ıt.

Not sure though ıf sıms actually use spa ıtems ın your retaıl storeö somethıng says me they dont

I don't think the NPC Massage Therapists (or whatever they are called) will show up in a retail lot. You can hire them for your personal use but I don't think townies can. Neither will yoga instructors but you could probably place yoga mats and townies would use them. They would probably use saunas and meditation stools and I don't think they would use mud baths unless it was a spa lot.
    LR3g0ni.jpg