Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

It's the little things that matter to me.

Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
I want more immersion. One of my favorite mischievous interactions from the sims 4 is sending chain letters because you get such a strong reaction from sims who receive them (see my signature). It's fun to troll sims in game when you see that.

Recently I had my sim find a pen pal and ask for a post card. They did send one and I loved how it actually arrived in her mailbox, but there was nothing written on it. It was really disappointing to me.

I feel like the game needs more little readable tidbits. When the game tells you how a sim responds it makes them seem more alive.
The chain letter responses are a perfect example of this. As is the welcome wagon. I want more! Lets bring back opportunities and memories and lets have random events.

I put together a terribly poo-tastic collage to show what I want more of. :mrgreen:

TTsxSsq.jpg

Comments

• Options
    graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    I hated the opportunities in TS3 they made the game feel more RPG
    Sims 2 is still the best <3
    And it will always be <3
    It just has its own beautiful charm
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    edited September 2015
    Oh I miss this so much.. I always loved loved loved the messages in Sims 1 & 2, the weird or totally hilarious messages or opportunities were awesome, or the sarcastic pop-ups you would get whahah! We barely have those anymore, like you said, the little things matter the most, hopefully this will come back more often!

I'm sorry but "You're cute and all, but i'm pretty sure i'd rather pull out my own eyebrows with a plumber's wrench"
    - OUCH
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    Lex2221Lex2221 Posts: 972 Member
    I enjoyed getting the notifications when other sims died in sims 3. They actually said what happened to them in a notification, I remember getting a notification that one of the townies had died of hunger I almost died laughing.
    2ahzmo1.gif
  • Options
    ashleyrenee210ashleyrenee210 Posts: 187 Member
    I always love reading those little messages and popups that sound so silly! I can't remember how many times I've paused the game to take a screenshot of how silly some of those messages were! I even miss those weird random calls in The Sims 1 that I never understood what they were and the reactions your sims would have because they sounded so confused!
    Twitter: ashleyrenee210
    Tumblr: panicitsashleyatthedisco
    Origin: ashleyrenee210
    PSN: ashleyrenee210
  • Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    graventhe wrote: »
    I hated the opportunities in TS3 they made the game feel more RPG
    Sims 2 is still the best <3
    And it will always be <3
    It just has its own beautiful charm

I like the oppurtunities, they give you random errands to run so it makes it more like real life, and they were optional, but yeah TS2 FTW.
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    @Ponder_the_Sim , the postcards do have messages on them. I think you see them when you mouse over the card in your collection. The metals, crystals, and frogs all have little descriptions, too, some of which are funny.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    Yes, it is the sum of all those little details that make a good game, great. Currently, as much as I have been enjoying this game, it's still missing so many 'little things'.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    edited September 2015
    oh those memories, wants and fears. if only.. the sims 4 would be nearly good with those.

I miss how i was scrolling throurh the memory pictorgrams to remember what i played before i left my game for a while. It was not only usefull for that, but it was nice to see what the past of certain sims was all about. I liked to see how many times my current partnet woohoo'd or even see with who.. to beat them up

anyway, it was one of the best things!
  • Options
    agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    Loved the date meter where you could influence the outcome of the date freely and do whatever you want, why did they have to go and turn it into a forced list of activities? It ruins everything, absoultely EVERYTHING!
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    I used to love those messages from the police in Sims 3 when your Sim in the criminal career would get sent to jail. "We are confiscating your belongings during your visit, because we don't want the other inmates to get jealous of your lettuce." The items mentioned would depend on what your Sim had in inventory at the time of arrest. Those little messages were so funny!

I had a couple silly messages in Sims 4 that I recall recently. One was when my male child Sim opened up his lunch bag at school to find a pink bib inside to wear and got embarrassed, and the school bully teased him about it all day. The other was when my musician Sim got called to fill in for a gig and had no tux to wear so he had to borrow one. He got an uncomfortable moodlet from wearing a "too-tight" tuxedo all night! :D
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    edited September 2015
    Pamhamlet wrote: »
    I used to love those messages from the police in Sims 3 when your Sim in the criminal career would get sent to jail. "We are confiscating your belongings during your visit, because we don't want the other inmates to get jealous of your lettuce." The items mentioned would depend on what your Sim had in inventory at the time of arrest. Those little messages were so funny!

I had a couple silly messages in Sims 4 that I recall recently. One was when my male child Sim opened up his lunch bag at school to find a pink bib inside to wear and got embarrassed, and the school bully teased him about it all day. The other was when my musician Sim got called to fill in for a gig and had no tux to wear so he had to borrow one. He got an uncomfortable moodlet from wearing a "too-tight" tuxedo all night! :D
    Ooh I love these moments, it's clearly missed by a lot of players, I do truly hope they somehow bring this back. Sims 4 has it's moments, but the thing is, they repeat too often. I had three childern and mostly all of them got the same messages, so the fun in them got a lot less..

I always loved the sarcastic ones, or the ones that were rude, they gave me a good laugh, still do tbh!

Those things can be patched in, right, I remember having new pop-ups or messages when the more EPs were installed, so that's a good thing to look forward about! :blush:
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    Oh--I just wanted to add that I enjoy the different menu options in Sims 4 that are available to your Sim depending upon what their mood is. My musician Sim was in a playful mood and got the option to "tickle the ivories" when he went to practice piano! Those little things make the game so endearing to me! :)
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    Um I´m torn here. Some of those tidbits I liked, others I loathed.
    As a rule of thumb I dislike it when the game tries to define too much, because that often clashes with my backstory. Naming my sims´ workplaces or schools for instance. That´s not for the game to do, the game´s job is only to throw obstacles at me (falling motives, bills, wants, fears, opportunities, chance cards and such) and leave the worldbuilding and residents´ personalities to the player. Especially when it comes to played sims the game should never put words in the mouths of sims.

One of the small things that I absolutely adore in Sims 4 are the new text boxes where we can describe our worlds. The ability to set every bit of clothing for every category (okay, this is perhaps no "small" thing). Naming the giant plush toys and even the families in the dollhouses. The memory system is also a good idea, especially since we can set an emotion and description to go with it. Still miss the family album from TS2, though.
  • Options
    mousqueradermousquerader Posts: 98 Member
    it's interesting they did not add fears to the sims 4, I think it would have made the game more fun/a bit more challenging
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    It would matter to me if my sims could take the food home, the food made by other sims at the paek grill ect. Rarely does it all get eaten. It's such a waste.
  • Options
    It would matter to me if my sims could take the food home, the food made by other sims at the paek grill ect. Rarely does it all get eaten. It's such a waste.

they can, you can drag the food into the sim's inventory.

• Options
    Nope it wont go. I'll go and try again.
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    I'd like to see the comeback of Opportunities, if they weren't too repetitive. I enjoyed the TS3 ones, mostly, apart from the ones associated with being a celebrity - they got to be just plain tiresome :|
  • Options
    Nope definitely can't select, I know they can if they have made the food, but not if another sim has made it.
  • Options
    oh, weird. sorry :(
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    I've always wanted random events and story progression just to make my game come alive and fun, and not so repetitive.

But I don't think we'll get that option, and I know people want to micro manage everything, but if we can get the option to tick it on / off that'd be great <3 Sims 5 please have that.
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    Wow great replies everyone. :)