Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA Playtesting Today.

I read that EA are looking for Sims players to come and test some gameplay. What do you think it's for? I suppose Get Together seems the most likely answer but as it was announced very last minute and the fact we've not yet heard of any new content for September, could it possibly be for something else?
There's been rumors of a big patch....

Comments

• Options
    HopeinenHopeinen Posts: 316 Member
    Sims 5...? :*

Do they usually have players test the stuff like SPs,GPs or even EPs?
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    I don't think it's for Get Together, since it's quite early for that, at least that's what i'm thinking. Maybe it's either like you said, for a big patch or something they're going to reveal shortly.

I'm hoping it's something different, since that means something else is coming! :blush:
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    Maybe spooky stuff?

TADDLERS?
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    edited September 2015
    Maybe spooky stuff?

TADDLERS?
    Ahaha if only, I can't get the idea of pre-teens out of my mind, ever since they released it i'm so curious on how they'll look :D
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    LeenaLeena Posts: 77 Member
    Pre-teens sound like so much fun. I would love something really big and new to get into.
  • Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    edited September 2015
    They are? Fun.
  • Options
    PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    I have set my mind on the......"T" word....shhhh. lol! I would hope they play test them a bunch before release. I would also hope they use someone besides the people who normally play test because they don't always do a great job...so many bugs.

Just a guess. I also wonder if they wanted it to be an anniversary thing but it wasn't done in time. The poor guy that has been locked in the room working on them for the past year is probably crazy by now and may never want to have children of his own.
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• Options
    husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    Acording to the survey either preteens nor toddlers will be free they will have there very own ep
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    edited September 2015
    Acording to the survey either preteens nor toddlers will be free they will have there very own ep

Content can be patched in to some degree even it is part of what's in an EP. They could patch in toddlers and preteens (or even just toddlers) but the EP could include more animation, more interactions, and more clothes and objects.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,142 Member
    I thought the play testing was for the Get Together EP...?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    I thought the play testing was for the Get Together EP...?

We have no idea what the play-testing is about. There's been no announcement, and play-testing is done under non-disclosure agreements.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    ValandisValandis Posts: 2,008 Member
    Testing new emotional gameplay, like Hysterical poop or Angry tears watering the flowers.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,526 Member
    What happened to play testing on origin?
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,526 Member

Content can be patched in to some degree even it is part of what's in an EP. They could patch in toddlers and preteens (or even just toddlers) but the EP could include more animation, more interactions, and more clothes and objects.

This.
  • Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    What happened to play testing on origin?

I don't think it's one or the other.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I know they asked for sim players but did they say it was for a sims 4 game or some other game in development?
  • Options
    clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    I would assume its for the Sims game as they are asking for sim players.
    I wish I could test so I could get all the dirty details :naughty:
  • Options
    mookie1981mookie1981 Posts: 189 Member
    Yes they would have to patch toddler in the game so everyone that own the sims 4 will have the toddlers. Just like the did the dishwasher before they released the sp. Then the extra content for toddlers say for instance an generations gp would have to be bought for extra content if that makes sense. :)
    2vmcal4.jpg
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Could it be a console version of the Sims 4 or a mobile version?
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    Leena wrote: »
    I read that EA are looking for Sims players to come and test some gameplay. What do you think it's for? I suppose Get Together seems the most likely answer but as it was announced very last minute and the fact we've not yet heard of any new content for September, could it possibly be for something else?
    There's been rumors of a big patch....

Who knows? They didn't want me. Apparently I'm too old. :(:(:(
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Emily Elson. o:)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    It's probably for freeplay instead lol. I dunno guys don't get your hopes up. Playtesting is under nda and it's typically of broken alpha or beta content. If that's the case they won't be having fun. I have first hand experience with this.
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Play testing could realistically be for anything, given how recently the survey containing toddlers was sent out I doubt it is play testing for them. I also don't think they are play testing Get Together, however given the time left until release it would make sense for it to be in the testing stage.

I remember last year a few gurus being removed from the S4 team and put on another sims related project, assumed to be the mobile game listed on the Maxis careers page. The testing could be that, but play testing really ends up being more for feedback and less about actually testing the game. They can't really take feedback into consideration for GT this late in development, so it has to be something different. Could be related to the PC game, could be a new thing. I doubt it would be console unless they are creating a new game instead of porting the PC version.
  • Options
    peoineepeoinee Posts: 2,183 Member
    Honestly i think this play test has nothing to do with the sims 4 game but for something like a spin off, think castaway or medieval. It doesnt make sense that they would do this random play-test for a sims 4 title (EP,SP, or GP). every version of the sims has had a spin off of some kind...personally i think Castaway was the best one but thats me.
  • Options
    HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    no matter what it is for, it'll be disappointing once it's found out.