Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Different Households in Sims 4

I don't really know how to describe this, so I'll try my best, but I really don't like how if you have more than one household and you play with one household, time will pass in your other households.
I liked it in TS3, when you had separate games.

And I would love to see an expansion like University Life in TS4

Comments

• Options
    JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    Y
    HeyItsMara wrote: »
    I don't really know how to describe this, so I'll try my best, but I really don't like how if you have more than one household and you play with one household, time will pass in your other households.

You can change this in the game settings, that's one thing I really like in TS4, you can set it just however you want. I can help you do it but its really late where I am and I need some sleep, if you want I can check my game tomorrow and then help you with the settings :)
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • Options
    So you can change these settings when in a saved game in Manage Worlds.

1. Chose a game to play.

2. Click on the three dots in the upper right hand side when the save have loaded (that’s the Options Menu).

3. A small menu pops up and you then click on Game Options.

4. Another menu pops up and on the left hand side you will se categories- choose Gameplay.

So, from what I understand you have several active households in one save but don’t want the households you don’t play to age while you play another?

5. If you look at Auto Age (Played Sims): You’ll have the choise of Yes, No or Only Active Household.

Yes is what I’m guessing you have at the moment meaning all played household age regardless if you are playing them or not.

No means that no Active Household you have ages at all, ever.

And Only Active Household (which is the one you want) only ages the active household you are playing at the moment but doesn’t age the other Active households until you switch to play them.

There is another setting below this one called Auto Age (Unplayed Sims) where you can tic or untic. This refers to all sims in the world that is not marked as played. I have this ticed myself as I like the unplayed sims to age up with my sims household.

I hope this helped but if you already figured it out than maybe someone else will benefit from it. And just wanted to point out, I wrote this to make it as simple as possible to understand, not saying you need that though ;)

Remember that theses settings becomes standard in every new save after you set them :smiley:

Happy simming!
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    If you like, you can also just create a new save for each of your family members :)
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    If you like, you can also just create a new save for each of your family members :)

Yeah of course, but I guessed that HeyItsMara already knew that and want the sims in the same save but if not, good that you mentioned it! XD
  • Options
    simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 613 Member
    Time WILL pass, it's just the ageing process does not necessarily have to catch up with 'em (unless you set it to). E.g., Saturday is Saturday for all Sims in a save, but Sims youthfulness can be frozen about as much as we'd like.

They'll go to work, though they won't get promotions, for better or worse. They WILL lose friendship level if left a while (maybe less if things WERE patched well recently) and they'll definitely have weight changes! Well, only depending on traits or your/their luck with if the game sends them to the gym or allows them to blic-block instead, lol.

So they won't age but there might be little tiny things to note. Like if you leave them while on vacation you'll lose it. (One morning I forgot I closed out on my Simself starting a vacation day, played someone else, lost it. Hah, oh well. I guess that's life.) Etc. etc. for anything that may pop up. You won't leave Sims on a Tuesday and come back on that same Tuesday just 2 minutes later.

---
    Were you "guys" offering a tip to keep Sims from the same INITIAL save worlds, living and visiting together, but saving each played house separately? I never thought of that but it sounds a little overwhelming dealing with certain aspects. Don't think I need it, not sure if that would feel worse for my immersion. Would probably implode some brain cells too.

How would one deal with socialization and the time jumps? Inviting your friend over but for her it's next week, last week, OK whoo my brain! LOL. Pretty sure we wouldn't see quirky/cool portalesque movie things, running into a Sim doing what we had him or her do last week. But that would actually, again, kill immersion.

Constant overthinker and I will never change! :smile:
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • Options
    ---
    Were you "guys" offering a tip to keep Sims from the same INITIAL save worlds, living and visiting together, but saving each played house separately? I never thought of that but it sounds a little overwhelming dealing with certain aspects. Don't think I need it, not sure if that would feel worse for my immersion. Would probably implode some brain cells too.

How would one deal with socialization and the time jumps? Inviting your friend over but for her it's next week, last week, OK whoo my brain! LOL. Pretty sure we wouldn't see quirky/cool portalesque movie things, running into a Sim doing what we had him or her do last week. But that would actually, again, kill immersion.

Constant overthinker and I will never change! :smile:

I agree with you, I would not be able to play with different family member in different saves like Prink34320 but it works for him/her and I imagine it does for others too :) I would not be able to keep up with it so I have one household in one save or several active households in a save, but like you mentioned, their weight might still change etc and if they are pregnant when you leave them to play another the baby will be born but they will not age which I suspect is the main annoyance for most who do not know that you can change the settings :smiley:
  • Options
    HeyItsMaraHeyItsMara Posts: 22 New Member
    Sorry I never responded back to this, but thanks! Everything is working well, sometimes I just like to just stop auto-aging, since it get's pretty overwhelming.

Happy Simming!
  • Options
    Sorry I never responded back to this, but thanks! Everything is working well, sometimes I just like to just stop auto-aging, since it get's pretty overwhelming.

Happy Simming!

Glad it's working for you :) I don't know if I understood you correctly but you can turn aging off in a save completely for as long as you like, for all sims. Then no one ages at all. It's in choices I mentioned earlier, in step 5 chose No instead of Only Active Household.

If you also untick Auto Age (Unplayed Sims), also in the settings, the unplayed sims in the save doesn't age either. :blush:
  • Options
    ZaraLZaraL Posts: 54 Member
    > @JackOnYourBack said:
    > So you can change these settings when in a saved game in Manage Worlds.
    >
    > 1. Chose a game to play.
    >
    > 2. Click on the three dots in the upper right hand side when the save have loaded (that’s the Options Menu).
    >
    > 3. A small menu pops up and you then click on Game Options.
    >
    > 4. Another menu pops up and on the left hand side you will se categories- choose Gameplay.
    >
    > So, from what I understand you have several active households in one save but don’t want the households you don’t play to age while you play another?
    >
    > 5. If you look at Auto Age (Played Sims): You’ll have the choise of Yes, No or Only Active Household.
    >
    > Yes is what I’m guessing you have at the moment meaning all played household age regardless if you are playing them or not.
    >
    > No means that no Active Household you have ages at all, ever.
    >
    > And Only Active Household (which is the one you want) only ages the active household you are playing at the moment but doesn’t age the other Active households until you switch to play them.
    >
    > There is another setting below this one called Auto Age (Unplayed Sims) where you can tic or untic. This refers to all sims in the world that is not marked as played. I have this ticed myself as I like the unplayed sims to age up with my sims household.
    >
    > I hope this helped but if you already figured it out than maybe someone else will benefit from it. And just wanted to point out, I wrote this to make it as simple as possible to understand, not saying you need that though ;)
    >
    > Remember that theses settings becomes standard in every new save after you set them :smiley:
    >
    > Happy simming!

Didn't knew that, thanks! :)
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    > @JackOnYourBack said:
    > So you can change these settings when in a saved game in Manage Worlds.
    >
    > 1. Chose a game to play.
    >
    > 2. Click on the three dots in the upper right hand side when the save have loaded (that’s the Options Menu).
    >
    > 3. A small menu pops up and you then click on Game Options.
    >
    > 4. Another menu pops up and on the left hand side you will se categories- choose Gameplay.
    >
    > So, from what I understand you have several active households in one save but don’t want the households you don’t play to age while you play another?
    >
    > 5. If you look at Auto Age (Played Sims): You’ll have the choise of Yes, No or Only Active Household.
    >
    > Yes is what I’m guessing you have at the moment meaning all played household age regardless if you are playing them or not.
    >
    > No means that no Active Household you have ages at all, ever.
    >
    > And Only Active Household (which is the one you want) only ages the active household you are playing at the moment but doesn’t age the other Active households until you switch to play them.
    >
    > There is another setting below this one called Auto Age (Unplayed Sims) where you can tic or untic. This refers to all sims in the world that is not marked as played. I have this ticed myself as I like the unplayed sims to age up with my sims household.
    >
    > I hope this helped but if you already figured it out than maybe someone else will benefit from it. And just wanted to point out, I wrote this to make it as simple as possible to understand, not saying you need that though ;)
    >
    > Remember that theses settings becomes standard in every new save after you set them :smiley:
    >
    > Happy simming!

Didn't knew that, thanks! :)

Happy to help :smiley:
  • Options
    rochelimitrochelimit Posts: 777 Member

change this in your game setting!
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Yeah I sort of hate it too, but I want these families to interact with each other however, I didn't like how I had a pregnant sim gave birth while i was controlling another family, and the game randomized the child. pregnant sims should just stay pregnant till I return to the household.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    maddiem002maddiem002 Posts: 79 Member
    Basically pause aging on played households when playing on another played household