Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is my game bugged or were Step-child tags never added?

AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
I know step children in the relationship panel wasn't in the game at the start, but I thought it was one of the few tags that got added with family trees? Is this not the case? I was looking at one of my sim's relationship panel earlier and noticed that none of his daughters registered as "daughter" or at the very least "step-daughter" (the tag I'd expect) but I thought they fixed that?

He's married to their mother, so it's official in that sense... Was this something that never got added or is my game bugged?

@Simgurudrake - Do you know if the team has any plans to add Step (father,mother,sister,brother, daughter, son) in the future or if (step_ daughter/son was ever an option? Or if you can't say, are you aware if these family tags have been brought to their attention?

Thanks (in advance) if anyone has any answers.

[Update:]
Family Tag shows up here:
2ntlh8x.jpg

Family tag doesn't register here:
200wugx.jpg

Pie Menu:
vnns6u.jpg

I get that some people are into woohooing within their family, but I'm not one of them. This sim has raised this now (young adult) since she was a child and I'd appreciate an option to turn off romance in families, even for members married in. Perhaps an ability to "adopt" children while still keeping the "biological" father in the tags... Anyway, this post wasn't about that, didn't realize that the "step" tag only appears in one place.

Don't really understand why it doesn't register in the relationship panel too..

Edit: Now I'm confused why they show as acquaintances.. All his other children show up as 'friend, good friend"... This game sometimes.. /sigh
2m60a6q.jpg
*There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
Post edited by Ayumap on

Comments

• Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    I know I have seen step-father in my game, not sure the status of step children. I'll gladly check later and report back, someone will probably have an answer by then though.
  • Options
    I know I have seen step-father in my game, not sure the status of step children. I'll gladly check later and report back, someone will probably have an answer by then though.

Thanks. :) I wonder what's going on in my game then. For all the children except his biological son it just says "friend". It's pretty annoying because I don't want to see them develop an autonomous romantic relationship since two of them are now young adults...
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    TayBabyTayBaby Posts: 70 Member
    In the family tree in my own game, all of my sim woman's step-children have the tags of step-son or step-daughter. And the children all have her listed as "step-mother" in their family trees as well.
    Have been playing since the release.
    Always been a story teller, but with this game I am trying my hand at building.
    Check me out on the gallery :)
    Origin ID: TaylorNicRaft17
  • Options
    TayBaby wrote: »
    In the family tree in my own game, all of my sim woman's step-children have the tags of step-son or step-daughter. And the children all have her listed as "step-mother" in their family trees as well.

I see... Opening my game right now to double check, but I think this means my game is bugged. >,<

[update] In the family tree it shows "Step" but in the relationship panel it shows no relation... This can't be working as intended... I hope.

Kiss hands and other "romantic" interactions keep popping up with his daughters and it's freaking me out... This is why I stopped playing with more complex families before and it really sucks that this is still a thing...

Going to update my first post with pictures..
    2m60a6q.jpg
  • Options
    PeachyKeen88PeachyKeen88 Posts: 652 Member
    I've seen step-parents but step-siblings don't register in my game.

On a side note, I LOVE her hair.
  • Options
    @peachykeen88 If you don't mind using cc I found it here:
    http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims4-hair-hairstyles-female/title/marion--female-hairstyle/id/1308159/ :)

And I haven't tried the step sibling relationship out yet so I'll have to take your word for it. It's too bad that so many relationship types haven't been implemented. I really like connecting my town.
    2m60a6q.jpg