Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My sim's baby is messed up.

So, my sim had a baby recently and it turned out to look like this:

Screenshot-474_zpsqgmvgtx2.jpg

But it happens to all of my sim babies.

I don't think it's cc because I uninstalled it and the baby was still like that.
I don't think it's skin either because I changed it using Nraas

The mods I have are only Nraas, poses and weapon accessories (for a sim story I never finished).

Do you guys have any idea how to fix this?

Br560.
Playing the sims since 2012

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited August 2015
    As a test, pull your entire game folder out to your Desktop for safekeeping. You will likely put it back in place when finished. Start to launch the game so that it creates a new game folder and back out. Copy/redo your Mods/Packages framework with Resource.cfg file into the new game folder, but put only NRaas mods in, or at least MasterController and the MC Cheats module and start a new game. Use MC Cheats to give your test household a new baby with Instant Baby. (this is just a shortcut so you don't have to play through an entire pregnancy, though you could adopt a baby if you wanted to do it that way)

Any better? If so, it's possibly the case that some "bad" CC or skin replacement snuck in attached to a Launcher installed sims3pack item or a downloaded sim and is affecting your original game folder.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    br560br560 Posts: 1,836 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    As a test, pull your entire game folder out to your Desktop for safekeeping. You will likely put it back in place when finished. Start to launch the game so that it creates a new game folder and back out. Copy/redo your Mods/Packages framework with Resource.cfg file into the new game folder, but put only NRaas mods in, or at least MasterController and the MC Cheats module and start a new game. Use MC Cheats to give your test household a new baby with Instant Baby. (this is just a shortcut so you don't have to play through an entire pregnancy, though you could adopt a baby if you wanted to do it that way)

Any better? If so, it's possibly the case that some "bad" CC or skin replacement snuck in attached to a Launcher installed sims3pack item or a downloaded sim and is affecting your original game folder.

Thanks for your help :)

I don't think it's cc though. It might be a mod so I'll go and check those.
    Br560.
    Playing the sims since 2012
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Could you post your DxDiag?
    http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
    If it does not fit, split it up into multiple posts. :)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    To be honest it looks like bad cc attached to a sim from the exchange. It will be a pain in the butt but you might be able to figure out what causes it following what @igazor posted. You said that you uninstalled "it" but what is that? A sim from your launcher, a sims3pack, or did you pull out your Mods folder?
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    badgyrl_310badgyrl_310 Posts: 198 Member
    igazor wrote: »

I'm having a similar issue with the babies coming out glitched & weird in my game. I think it's bad cc, I see it in my game in CAS, but Im not sure how it got there (which sim or item I downloaded) or how to get rid of it. By "entire game folder" are you saying move the entire Electronic Arts folder or the Sims 3 folder (I also have the Sims 4, the Sims 4 Create a Sim demo & the Sims 3 Create a Pattern Tool in the EA folder). I really wanna find and get rid of the bad cc (or whatever it is) glitching my game. I'm not as knowledgeable on the technical stuff about the game as other people here. If you can, break it down step by step and keep it as simplified as possible, I wont be offended.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited August 2015
    Just The Sims 3 folder. The other games' folders and the pattern tool can stay put. The point of this exercise is to see if babies display properly with no mods, CC, store content, installed sims, etc. in play. If they do, then it must be something in the original game folder that is causing it, with bad CC and/or downloaded sims being the most likely culprits.

If they do not, it's a hardware issue which would be very different.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net