Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spend $1000 at the Day Spa

My sim has this wish and the pop up window for the wish says, "...Spend some money on day spa packages..."

Does this mean he can get the Deep Tissue Massage for $500 twice, maybe two days in a row, and still complete the wish? Or is the plural "packages" misleading and he actually has to spend $1000 or more at the spa in one visit?

Anyone know?

I could experiment myself since he has plenty of money, but my sim has 2 sets of toddlers and 2 newborns at home. So spending time at the spa is an issue. A 2 hour visit two days in a row would be more manageable than a 6 hr one-time visit.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I have no idea, but if you do experiment I am interested to hear your results.

Generally, I only use the Day Spa to get the 7-day buff from the top package before sending a Sim off to University, and that is an all at once (and all day long) expense.

I have never seen that opportunity pop up, but if I do I will see if I can spread it out over multiple treatments.
  • Options
    SelvaxriSelvaxri Posts: 274 Member
    edited August 2015
    Yes, the total is cumulative. You can do any assortment of treatments that will total over $1000, and complete that wish.
    20 "$50 Quick Massage/Shiatsu" visits see excessive though.
    if he has the cash, splurge. hire a babysitter and go for a deep tissue with a manny/pedi.
    Console Player- Don't have a PC to play yet.

Stories-
    Simple Life
    Ghost Fling/ GF- Naughty Uncle
    Mommy Dearest
    Casanova
    Home Wrecker
    Reynoso Legacy
    Phantom Romance- Experimental game, failure.
    Unlikely Couple
    Random- Kozen, Clique
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Thanks for the info, Selvaxri. I'll break it up in different visits. Aside from the babies, he and his husband are gardeners and I've been trying to get coffee bean bushes planted, so it will be easier to work in several smaller trips to the spa. They have other YA and teen kids on the lot who can cover in an emergency, but I prefer the actual parents to do most of the infant and toddler stage child rearing. And babysitters....let's just say I've been scarred by the nannies in TS2.
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Generally, I only use the Day Spa to get the 7-day buff from the top package before sending a Sim off to University, and that is an all at once (and all day long) expense.

That's an interesting idea. I have had really weird luck with moodlets surviving the trip to University. My last visit was with 10 sims, all in the same family, after 2 had graduated from high school back in the home world. They each had some sort of 7-day graduation moodlet that was lost once they arrived at the dorm. I had to use NRaas MasterController to add those back. It's good to hear that a day spa moodlet should survive the trip.

I generally only send sims to the day spa when they are pregnant and roll up the wish to spend $400 at the day spa. I don't usually get the $1000 wish, but this time he did. I thought it was too close to when the baby was due for me to consider sending him for an entire 6-hr package at the time. This wish is just something that popped up at the tail end of his pregnancy.
  • Options
    TreyNutz wrote: »
    Thanks for the info, Selvaxri. I'll break it up in different visits. Aside from the babies, he and his husband are gardeners and I've been trying to get coffee bean bushes planted, so it will be easier to work in several smaller trips to the spa.

I generally only send sims to the day spa when they are pregnant and roll up the wish to spend $400 at the day spa. I don't usually get the $1000 wish, but this time he did. I thought it was too close to when the baby was due for me to consider sending him for an entire 6-hr package at the time. This wish is just something that popped up at the tail end of his pregnancy.

Wait- what? HE is pregnant?!? Alien abduction, or mods? seriously, the heck is going on in your game!?

Stories-
    Simple Life
    Mommy Dearest
    Casanova
    Home Wrecker
    Reynoso Legacy
    Unlikely Couple
    Random- Kozen, Clique
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Selvaxri wrote: »
    Wait- what? HE is pregnant?!? Alien abduction, or mods? seriously, the heck is going on in your game!
    The requirement that a sim be female to be pregnant is, for many of us, very 2009. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Selvaxri wrote: »
    Wait- what? HE is pregnant?!? Alien abduction, or mods? seriously, the heck is going on in your game!?

Same-sex pregnancy mod and pregnancy enabled clothing for males. I used to do the same thing in TS2. Alien pregnancy in TS3 is boring. They just get fat, no nausea, no aching backs, no spa wishes, etc. Anyways, I put Beau Merrick and Richie Striker together to see what their kids will look like. So far they have 18, but only 5 are YAs. 4 more to go before I get a full house. I think I'm going to engineer the rest in Oasis Landing - well, at least two.
    igazor wrote: »
    The requirement that a sim be female to be pregnant is, for many of us, very 2009. :)

For some of us a lot farther back than 2009. TS2 had same-sex pregnancy mods too.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I meant to limit my statement to TS3 sims, under the impression that for at least five minutes or so back in 2009 there were no TS3 mods and male preggo morphs/clothes available yet. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    I'll just be over here, stuck in the 20th Century, hugging my cat. ;)

fr6Ie3c.jpg
  • Options
    I'm a lowly console player. I'm limited to the base game. 'Twould be fun if i could install mods on my Xbox.
    I was watching a Youtube series on Sims 4, and the player snagged a Reaper into his household and the male sim and the reaper tried for baby several times, and both ended up pregnant. He just wanted the Reaper pregnant- who ended up birthing triplets.

Stories-
    Simple Life
    Mommy Dearest
    Casanova
    Home Wrecker
    Reynoso Legacy
    Unlikely Couple
    Random- Kozen, Clique
  • Options
    Well, an update. Going to the spa two days in a row spending $500 for a deep tissue massage each day did not satisfy the wish. Then I thought maybe he just needs to spent a bit more, or maybe he needs to spend $1000 in a single day. So on the 2nd day when the wish did not fulfill I sent him back for a mud facial for $200 and when that did not fulfill the wish he went back for a steam bath for $250. The steam bath didn't do it either.

In the end I just cancelled the wish and gave him the 1000 lifetime points via MasterController. Next time though, I'll be sure to spend that amount or larger on one purchase. And looking back, he probably could have spared the 6 hrs for the Great Escape package since I managed to send him to all those treatments in one day, lol. My interest in exploring possible options to satisfy that wish outweighed my desire for him to be home and available.
  • Options
    MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    Perhaps it was a specific kind of treatment he wanted? Sometimes my Sims will wish for a specific packages/treatment.
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
  • Options
    Naw, it was just a generic "spend $1000 at the day spa."
  • Options
    Sorry it didn't work out, but thanks for the update!

If I am going to do the day spa at all, I always go for the top package. It's a huge mood boost and lasts a whole Sim week. Also, Eloy's part time job is selling Spa Packages, so say hi when you stop in. Just don't get him pregnant. ;)
  • Options
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Sorry it didn't work out, but thanks for the update!

If I am going to do the day spa at all, I always go for the top package. It's a huge mood boost and lasts a whole Sim week. Also, Eloy's part time job is selling Spa Packages, so say hi when you stop in. Just don't get him pregnant. ;)

Lol. The top package is a bit expensive to do very often. Half my household wants to be worth a million simoleons. I have to save up.

I didn't realize the facial treatments lasted for 2 days. It's a lower mood boost than a massage (for the money) but lasts a whole lot longer.
  • Options
    well, sorry for the misinformation. i always just bypassed those wishes.

Stories-
    Simple Life
    Mommy Dearest
    Casanova
    Home Wrecker
    Reynoso Legacy
    Unlikely Couple
    Random- Kozen, Clique
  • Options
    TreyNutz wrote: »
    Lol. The top package is a bit expensive to do very often. Half my household wants to be worth a million simoleons. I have to save up.

I didn't realize the facial treatments lasted for 2 days. It's a lower mood boost than a massage (for the money) but lasts a whole lot longer.

I recommend investing in venues and business partnerships. If you buy a property outright, the value of the lot and everything on it is added to your household's total wealth, not to mention the weekly cash pay-out. :)

But yeah - until then, no need to spend more than you need to.