Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Windenburg needs to be the size of WC and OS combined

Not as big as Willow Creek or Oasis Springs, but the size of both worlds combined especially if we are getting 64x64 lots. I'm tired of these small worlds and need space to spread my sims out.

Comments

• Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    I predict the one 64x64 lot we'll probably get will be the only lot in that specific neighborhood. Probably a park of some sort.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    I'm comfortable with the size of a WC/OS type world.
    I just don't want a world like Newcrest. My OCD goes insane.

I never found WC of OS small. Having it spilt up makes it feel larger and more diverse.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I predict the one 64x64 lot we'll probably get will be the only lot in that specific neighborhood. Probably a park of some sort.
    I'm not so certain about that because they said in an interview that they were wondering why anyone would build on a lot that big. And then they went on to say that the only players that would benefit from building on a lot that size would be those whom like to build massive places in the game. Since they had said that, I'm thinking that the 64 X 64 lot or lots will be empty. :)

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2015
    jackjack_k wrote: »

I never found WC of OS small. Having it spilt up makes it feel larger and more diverse.

OMG I thought I was the only one :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    MaggiSimmerMaggiSimmer Posts: 1,314 Member
    Me too. I hate the small worlds, I want some TS3 sized worlds!
    1ph6o6.gif

Check out The Sims 4 High Fashion Showcase, a custom content based magazine about the Sims!

The Sims 4 Tally to the Top!

Or check out my beauty blog, Infinite Beauty!
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Oh, my sweet summer child...
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Not as big as Willow Creek or Oasis Springs, but the size of both worlds combined especially if we are getting 64x64 lots. I'm tired of these small worlds and need space to spread my sims out.
    I agree.
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Too bad they already said it would be the same size as Willow Creek/Oasis Spring.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member
    Too bad they already said it would be the same size as Willow Creek/Oasis Spring.

They've also said they haven't finished the world and are adding/building more of it in the coming months, so there is still chance for it to be bigger, even just by a few lots
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member

They've also said they haven't finished the world and are adding/building more of it in the coming months, so there is still chance for it to be bigger, even just by a few lots

They also told us toddlers were coming.
    But things changed
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member

What is wrong with Newcrest is my fav XD
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    GaiaPuma wrote: »

It's the size...If it had 21 lots like the other 2 main worlds it would be perfect in an OCD way :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    BESS73BESS73 Posts: 174 Member
    edited August 2015

Newcrest is my favorite too :smiley:

• Options
    sunman502 wrote: »
    I'm not so certain about that because they said in an interview that they were wondering why anyone would build on a lot that big. And then they went on to say that the only players that would benefit from building on a lot that size would be those whom like to build massive places in the game. Since they had said that, I'm thinking that the 64 X 64 lot or lots will be empty. :)

I really disagree. They limited the lot sizes to 50x50, and we've seen that each neighborhood containing a 50x50 lot there is at most 2 lots. This is more than likely for performance issues (or overall game stability issues for what it's worth), but adding a bigger lot size would do nothing but require more. If there is more than 1 64x64 lot, than I wouldn't expect more than 2 lots per neighborhood (only one of them being 64x64), and I wouldn't be surprised if a 64x64 lot was the only lot in that neighborhood.

From the interview she did say there would be one. This isn't The Sims 3 where we had tons of space and tons of different lot sizes. We have downgraded to small areas of play with a small variety of small lots.
  • Options

I think that in comparison to the other worlds it definitely falls flat. All bg worlds contain 5 neighborhoods and 1 park neighborhood. I would have preferred that they delivered a full size world instead of 3 neighborhoods. However Newcrest is just a slightly modified Willow Creek, for them to give us anymore neighborhoods they would have made that blatantly obvious.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member

I really disagree. They limited the lot sizes to 50x50, and we've seen that each neighborhood containing a 50x50 lot there is at most 2 lots. This is more than likely for performance issues (or overall game stability issues for what it's worth), but adding a bigger lot size would do nothing but require more. If there is more than 1 64x64 lot, than I wouldn't expect more than 2 lots per neighborhood (only one of them being 64x64), and I wouldn't be surprised if a 64x64 lot was the only lot in that neighborhood.

From the interview she did say there would be one. This isn't The Sims 3 where we had tons of space and tons of different lot sizes. We have downgraded to small areas of play with a small variety of small lots.
    We have a miscommunication going on here because I wasn't talking about the number of 64 X 64 lots there are in the EP. I was saying that I'm not so certain that there will be anything on the lot from the way that the SimGurus were talking about it in the last interview. Where as you said in your comment that you think that there might be a park or something on the lot. :|

• Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    I think that the ruins where the dance takes place is a customizable lot since, when I looked back at the trailer, there was no DJ booth or stage equipment, yet during the night time, they show up out of nowhere.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    I think that the ruins where the dance takes place is a customizable lot since, when I looked back at the trailer, there was no DJ booth or stage equipment, yet during the night time, they show up out of nowhere.

I believe the DJ booth is something you can take in your sims's inventory, like the tents etc, from Outdoor Retreat but I might be wrong. :)

mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    I'm looking back and there stage light's on the four corners of the what would be, from what I can tell, a 30 x 30 or 40x 40 lot.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options

We have a miscommunication going on here because I wasn't talking about the number of 64 X 64 lots there are in the EP. I was saying that I'm not so certain that there will be anything on the lot from the way that the SimGurus were talking about it in the last interview. Where as you said in your comment that you think that there might be a park or something on the lot. :|

Ah my apologies.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member

This would have made a big difference if the world was that big
    The most wasted space in this game so far is the 4 lots that came with GTW.
    They need to fix this one and add to that screen 8-10 more empty lots. Whenever I open that screen all I see is a 4 disappointing lots
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif