The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuck at Logo due to CC?

CheekySimmersCheekySimmers Posts: 60 New Member
Hi! I, a few days ago, added about 3.7 thousand mods to my game (I downloaded a folder) and was wondering if my game was getting stuck at the logo because of the sudden amount of cc?

Comments

• Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Well if it only started happening then, I expect it is the reason. If it won't load at all, even after going away and doing something else for half an hour, then you probably have a bad mod in there and it's crashed the game.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    Not quantity. But a stray Sims 3 .package file or a Sims 4 CC item that is not compatible with some game update or other will both cause that. Pull the CC out and add it in gradually instead. That way you can narrow down what items are not compatible.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    FWIW, I would never download CC in a folder like that unless it came from the CC creator who created everything in the folder. It is much more likely to contain files that the creator withdrew since for being no longer compatible, content that the creator has since updated, and Lord only knows what else. (edited to fix a typo)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    okay. well, I checked for bad files with the mod conflicter and found I had 18 bad hair files. I deleted them all, and I hope it works now.
  • Options
    I'll lock my laptop after it finishes playing the music and if it doesn't load to the main screen, I'll leave it there for a few hours and then check on it. ^^
  • Options
    AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    It probably won't load, i have about 3.3 gb and it takes like 3 minutes. You need to put it in gradually, it's the only sure way.

The mod conflict program isn't fool proof - i ran it on my cc and even tho it said i had "bad" files, my game still opened.
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • Options
    I'll lock my laptop after it finishes playing the music and if it doesn't load to the main screen, I'll leave it there for a few hours and then check on it. ^^

If it doesn't load within a couple of minutes, it's not going to. I wouldn't bother making it run for a few hours.
  • Options
    okay. should I try and restart my laptop then run sims 4 again?
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    okay. should I try and restart my laptop then run sims 4 again?

If it didn't already load with the CC you had put in the Mods folder, restart the laptop (or, on a Windows machine, use Ctrl-Alt-Del to access Task Manager and shut down the Sims 4 process), then pull out the CC you'd put in and put back in just half of it, and then try again. I know you have a lot of CC you want to use, but you might just find it easiest to put in small batches at once. From previous forum posts, also, hair & skin CC seem the most likely to have become incompatible at some point, so you might put those in a separate folder to try in batches last. You might find something like 20 files at a time makes it easier to narrow down which of those 20 is stopping the game from opening.
  • Options
    AkeelneyAkeelney Posts: 115 Member
    Either try restarting your laptop and run TS4 again or if that doesn't work break down the files into different folders so there's fewer folders and if that doesn't work you may have to remove some or it could be because it's too many. I'm not too sure.
  • Options
    Okay. thank you!