Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ARRensch's Zombie Challenge.

I recently got Supernatural and just couldn't bring myself to get rid of the zombies. They just have so much potential. So I found this mod by DrHouse93 called More Dangerous Zombies! (http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=520154) I did get the version with non-permanent zombies just because. And then I decided to combine it with the Weapons System mod by desecrate (http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=402950) and created a little challenge for myself. I found it a lot of fun and decided to share it and my experience with it with all of you.

I know about the zombie apocalypse challenge by kitkat67 (http://modthesims.info/t/468919) which is a very well made challenge. But I wanted something a little different. Something that really made the zombies seem more dangerous. At least in my opinion. Actually, they may have been too dangerous.

So, with that having been said, here is how you do it. So first, this really requires Supernatural. kitkat67's challenge doesn't, if you want to try that one out. You could try to maybe make it work still, like shift-clicking the mailbox to force a visitor and pretend that they're a zombie, but it still takes quite a bit of effort. This also relies quite heavily on the weapons system mod and is much more fun with the more dangerous zombies mod. I'll try to come up with a different version if you're against using mods though. Any suggestions for those versions, I'll gladly take, as well as any suggestions for this challenge.

Onto Step 1 Create 8 Sims, at least seven must be teen or older. I wanted a toddler because I like them, so I'll include at least one kid. You don't need to have one though. They can have any trait except for the unlucky trait or any other traits that could interfere with their death. They must be human. Unless there's a toddler or child; they can be whatever you want. I'd recommend not throwing your favorite Sims into an apocalypse only because I did that and suffered the consequences of their deaths.

For ease of telling you hints and showing examples and stories, I'll tell you my household. Mine consisted of the following: My Sims Benerby, Mumushka, Sylvia (who is my serial killer Sim in other saves, don't call the cops it's just a game), a random vampire toddler named June, and the Sim versions of the 10th Doctor from Doctor Who and Sherlock Holmes from BBC'🐸🐸🐸🐸 show Sherlock. Because those two were in there I created a Sim named Kelly Fangirl because I thought it would be funny to throw her in with them. I also threw my simself in there for reasons I'll explain in step 2.

Step 2 Choose one Sim to be your main character. This is the only Sim you will be controlling, unless I tell you otherwise. This is why I made my simself and threw her in there. She's my main character. You do not have to be your simself though; be whoever you want to be.

Step 3 Build your house. Your Sims may not live above ground. You will create an underground, we'll call it a Safe House, and this is where your Sims will live. The entrance must be a ladder because it makes the challenge more exciting when zombies climb down it to eat your brains. Keep in mind that you are not allowed to lock any doors. (Well, except for one, but I'll explain that in a moment.)

I'm trying to keep the build open to creativity. You may only have the following rooms: A main room, a garden room, a sleeping area, an entertainment section, a bathroom, a containment room, and if you choose, a room with nothing but water. Sims will not have any access to the water room, I just call it the water supply. The rooms can be as big as you want but may only consist of the following items.

Main Room: A table, sink, couches/chairs and if you choose, a stereo that RUNS ON A BATTERY. There will be no power and that stereo will run for two weeks. Then it runs out of battery. You can hover your mouse over the time of day to see how many days have gone by. Go crazy with the décor.

Garden Room: You can buy any plants from buydebug EXCEPT for life fruits or death flowers. Otherwise, knock yourself out, but keep in mind your main character will have to take care of the garden by themselves so make it too large and they'll be spending all their time working in it and everyone else will probably be eaten by zombies or something. Make it too small and well, you don't have enough food. You may use the planters from supernatural, or grass stuff from Into the Future or any other way you can get plants underground. If you absolutely can't get them underground, make a fenced in area above ground for your garden. Keep in mind that you can't lock any doors or fences.

Sleeping Area: As many beds as you want. Cheap, costly, double, single, bunk, I don't really care. Just get a bed for everyone. Of course I'll give you the option to have just one or two beds, as long as you have a bed. If you want to make a gigantic room with like 200 beds, sure. Again, I don't care. In fact, if you want, I'm going to let you use cheats so your main character never has to sleep. Because seriously, they'd never get anything done. It's almost a must.

Entertainment Section: Go crazy. Just remember no electronics unless they run on a battery. Also, if you've got the weapons system mod, get a gun. Seriously, you're gonna want and need it. If not, like I said, I'll try to get another version made.

Bathroom: One toilet, one sink, and a shower. Or, if you have the it's not gross public shower from the store, you can use that too. I used it because it would be way too freaky to see a naked Doctor or something, even if it's pixelated. *Shudder*

Containment Room: This room is the one room where the door will always be locked. This is the room where Sims who get sick must be contained. I mean, sure they could have just a cold. But what if they start turning into a zombie at any moment. Not to mention colds are highly contagious in this game and must be stopped before anyone else gets sick. It may contain one bed, one chair and one private toilet. Whether that's a stall or a little two by one room is up to you. Just make it private or it's useless. I'll explain what you can do if you don't have seasons.

Room With Nothing But Water: I already explained it. Just water, no access to it. Just used as décor if desired.

I will mention the Surface. You must have at least five objects that will draw Sims to the surface. Because it's no fun if nobody wanders outside while you aren't looking. You can simply put five décor items like gnomes and stuff. (But no magic gnomes.) They cannot be useful items like a toilet or shower or anything.

I built an old, rundown house on the surface, blocking off beds with chairs. I also shot the fireplace and a few other items with a gun, to make them unusable. Be careful doing that though, as I ended up starting a fire and a few things blew up. Also keep in mind that while using a powerful gun, (not the pistol, the sniper gun), bullets can go through walls and two or even three Sims in one shot.

Step 4 Go into the options menu and set the moon to only one cycle or form or whatever it's called, I can't think right now. Make sure that it's set to full moon. This will ensure you will have a full moon each night, bringing along with it a zombie apocalypse. And full moon lunacy to any sims with the insane trait. Seriously, Benerby went crazy and just slapped people all night long. Except for Sylvia, he kept trying to embrace her. She did not like that.

I believe that those first few steps are done. Hopefully I didn't miss one. I'll now move onto the rules.

Rules

1. Game ends if either everyone but your main character, (who we'll call you), is either turned into a zombie or dies and/or if you are turned into a zombie or die. Zombies will eventually turn back into sims again unless you have a mod that does otherwise. If they turn back, hurray! Toddlers and children do not count. That means if everyone but you and the toddler/child gets turned into a zombie, you still lose.

2. If a zombie attacks you or another survivor, you may not cancel the interaction. You can interfere if you have a gun though, if you're able to shoot the zombie in time. If you don't have that mod, we'll say you must take a picture of the zombie with your phone, as that is how you would kill the zombie if you had a gun. After that, pause the game and enter in the cheat 'resetsim First Last' name, without the quotes. If you need help with that cheat, feel free to Google it or simply ask.

3. If you have the gun mod you may use the tranquilizer darts that you can find by changing the type of ammo. This is useful when another survivor has been turned into a zombie so you don't kill them. However, according to the mod creator, too many shots with the tranquilizer will result in death. If you're taking pictures, you may just choose either standard bullets, or a tranquilizer. We'll say maybe ten shots before that Sim dies. (I don't actually know how many it takes.) If the sim is a survivor, simply enter in 'testingcheatsenabled true', hold down alt, and then drag their hunger bar to 0.

4. It would be silly if a zombie went after you though you had a gun in your hand and it ate your brains or whatever, but you didn't shoot it. So, if a zombie comes after you and IF you have a gun in your hand, you may shoot the zombie. If you are not holding a gun, then you're toast. If you don't have the mod, then that rule doesn't apply. BUT, so zombies are still dangerous, we'll say there isn't enough time for a tranquilizer dart to save you and so your only option is to use the standard bullet. This is fine if the zombie is simply a random zombie, but if it's one of the survivors that you like it can become tricky. This is where it gets really tricky; you don't want to tranquilize them too many times, but you don't want them to come after you either. Most likely, if they're a survivor, you want them to live.

I had a terrible experience with rule number 4. Sherlock decided to go see what was going on outside and a zombie apocalypse was what was going on. Before I knew it, Sherlock was a zombie. Sadly, he got to Kelly, Benerby, and the Doctor before I could intervene. Eventually they all were back to normal, except for Benerby and then Benerby bit Sherlock who again bit the Doctor and I had to wait because Kelly was blocking the door. Finally I got in and then immediately the Doctor went after me. I had two choices, either a. let myself be turned into a zombie and fail the challenge. or b. fatally shoot the Doctor and carry on. Hardest decision ever. It was seven lives, one of which was a toddler, versus one. (And he can't regenerate as that is against the rules.) I wound up shooting and then feeling like a fail of a whovian. Noooo...

It was all Sherlock's fault, really. He just had to get himself turned into a zombie and start this whole problem. If he came after me again, I would happily shoot his stupid face so hard his eyeballs would fly out of the solar system. I'd say they'd get hit by a TARDIS, but there's no one driving it... :cry: So this is why I wouldn't recommend putting your favorites into the apocalypse.

5. Don't leave. It's dangerous out there. You leave and you probably won't be coming back.

6. Remember to not lock any doors.

7. If a sim gets sick, they MUST go to the containment room. If you don't have Seasons, then just flip a coin every day. Heads, everyone's okay. Tails, somebody's sick. Then randomly choose a Sim to be sick. One way you can do that is close your eyes and hit the space bar a billion times. Whoever it lands on will be the sick person. Sickness lasts for two sim days. And no one's allowed to use anything in their inventory, including food. Don't want that stuff contaminated. I'd recommend this storage box by treeag (http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=407111) to easily keep track of everything. It's not required though. Phones... there really isn't a way to stop Sims from using them, so I'll let that one be. Any additional rules you want to add, you can. Just remember that if you get sick, you go there too, so don't be too harsh. You're not immune.

8. Zombies will eat your plants. Unless you shoot them, they'll get to your only food source. Because the entrance is a ladder and doors are to remain unlocked, it will go for the plants. Your Sim is the only one who can defend the garden. If you are stuck in the containment room, flip a coin every night to see whether or not the door to the garden gets locked. Why can it get locked? Because I'm nice. Heads, it stays unlocked, tails it gets locked. Otherwise, winding up in the containment room could ensure you all starve because there's no food.

9. Control only yourself. You can feel free to view others action queue to see what they're up to, but no controlling. Also, make sure free will is up all the way. If a survivor wanders outside and you have the option to call them over, feel free to do so. Just don't control them. If they refuse to come inside, then that's too bad.

10. There are of course, no cheats on moods. You may enter in 'testingcheatsenabled true' into the cheat box and then ctrl click on any sleepy moodlets on your character only, just because otherwise nothing gets done. But if you want to make it harder, feel free to. You can use money cheats, but after the apocalypse starts, no buying anything.

Hopefully I didn't miss any rules. Sorry it was so long... hopefully someone stayed till the end. So, let's see how long you can survive.

(And R.I.P Doctor :cry: )
Screenshot-1607_zpsxfshjefg.jpg

Plus, Kelly Fangirl took it the hardest. The entire day, all she did was stand there and cry.
Screenshot-1609_zpswfvh0uj4.jpg

Sylvia even let Mumushka cry on her shoulder.
Screenshot-1610_zpsljvidcz1.jpg

And even Grim seemed to take it pretty hard. He insulted Sherlock, which was hilarious.
Screenshot-1608_zpskk4fp1qm.jpg
Wearing a gas mask to flex on the coronavirus.

Comments

• Options
    br560br560 Posts: 1,836 Member
    Really interesting challenge.

I think a little twist for me would be to see who survives the longest (By making sims of my friends, family and just random sims)
    Br560.
    Playing the sims since 2012
  • Options
    ARRenschARRensch Posts: 694 Member
    I like that idea! I think I secretly was wondering the same thing.
    Wearing a gas mask to flex on the coronavirus.