Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Food Spoilage and Multiple Fridges

From what I understand, the quality and price of a refrigerator impacts how long leftovers can be stored before spoiling. Also, multiple refrigerators can be used on a lot and they all share the same inventory.

What happens when you have multiple refrigerators of different prices/quality on a lot? How does that affect how long leftovers can be stored before spoiling? Is it averaged among different refrigerators, or do leftovers spoil at the rate of the best quality fridge, or the worst?

I had 5 Fresher Refrigerators on my sim's lot and I upgraded one to a Fridge of the Future. I'm wondering if I need to upgrade the others to get the full benefit (if any) of the expensive fridge.

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Once in a game a while back, my sim had two different refrigerators, one was very expensive, and the other one was very cheap. Until I sold off the cheap refrigerator, the whole family kept getting a negative moodlet from the cheap refrigerator, even though the food was in the expensive one. After that, I always made sure that if I had more than one, then they would have the same quality.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    This is by no means a definitive answer, but one of my households has the reward fridge from a sim at Level 10 or whatever it is in the Cooking career in which the food never spoils. There is a cheaper fridge in an apartment-like loft over the garage. The same food is available and never spoils from both of them, so based on this meager sample set of one household I would say it defaults to the highest quality fridge. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Thanks for your answers! Seems like possibly never spoils but might get "tastes like fridge." :P I think the Fresher Fridge is high enough quality that it doesn't give the tastes like fridge moodlet. So hopefully the only issue how long the food lasts. Both responses, good to know.

I only upgraded one of the Fresher Fridges to the Fridge of the Future because a sim wanted to spend $500. I usually keep all the refrigerators on the lot the same, but I'm reluctant to upgrade all them right now.
  • Options
    SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    Personally, I use a mod so food doesn't spoil, cause it sucks if a perfect plate of food goes bad because your sims wanted to go set the kitchen on fire while the one that can cook is out of the house.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've got a CC fridge from MTS in my current sim household in Deery Meadows and their food will likely spoil on them before it's eaten and they'll just wind up eating spoiled leftovers.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg