Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FIX career objectives/tasks

In GTW, several new interactive jobs became available. This was exciting because we all want more for our Sims to do. We all wanted to watch them at work and take part in their jobs. In Sims 3 Ambitions, we got a taste of going to work, but specific tasks were optional. If a client came into my salon, I didn't HAVE TO serve them. If someone called with a ghost problem, I didn't have to go. Same with Sims 3 Showtime. If a gig came up, I didn't HAVE TO take it. Careers moved forward or backward based on MY level of commitment. I also wasn't told what to do with every single step like a baby. Furthermore, opportunities frequently arose (career, skill, special) wherein I had a choice to take part or ignore, depending on how much I wanted to proceed with my career.

These new careers assume that all Sims players are small children who need to be guided by the hand through every single objective. It's the same thing, day in and day out. One set of rules, follow a list, do as you're told. It's like Groundhog Day, the Sims version. Likewise, building public lots where each one has a specific and required set of objects. Sims players are some of the most mature, intelligent gamers out there. We're not children. Even the young children playing this game aren't babies. They can figure it out because they're smart.

Allow us to dictate the course of our Sim's lives without being told exactly what to do. We can figure it out. Sims is about choice. These careers take that away.

Rehab the careers and give Simmers true autonomy and true free will.

Comments

• Options
    Javontae2010Javontae2010 Posts: 2 New Member
    I have to agree, Whats really annoying is that you have all those other nurses walking around and they do nothing. They go into the patient's room and just chat with them or just stand there. I don't see why when you're a higher level that you have to constantly admit patients even as a surgeon. Really a pain
  • Options
    ShuffleJShuffleJ Posts: 273 Member
    I have to agree, Whats really annoying is that you have all those other nurses walking around and they do nothing. They go into the patient's room and just chat with them or just stand there. I don't see why when you're a higher level that you have to constantly admit patients even as a surgeon. Really a pain

Clearly they didn't think that part through.