Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New active career ideas

ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
edited August 2015 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
@SimGuruDrake Could you please pass these suggestions to The Sims 4 team for future active careers for The Sims 4? :)

Actor
- Actors can act in many different types of films and plays, including musicals, horror films, action adventure, fantasia, drama & romantic comedies.

Film Director (Two branches: producer and director)
- Film directors can design and make new films with professional video cameras (new skill: Filming)
- Players can shot films with an in-game camera (similar to video cameras in The Sims 3: Generations). They will also be able to change the lighting, special effects and the length of the film and its scenes.
- Complete films can be sold in retail stores if you have Get To Work EP installed. You will also be able to change the box art of each complete film DVD/Sim-Ray (parody of Blu-Ray).
- Players will be able to see the names of the Sim actors, producers and film directors if they view the film details in the Gallery.

Singer
- Singers have to develop their Singing skill in order to make their career shine.
- Once a singer has their Singer career strong enough, they can go to a recording studio to record their debut album. Players will also be able to sell CDs at the retail stores of their Sims if they have Get To Work EP installed.
- Lots of music genres: rock, dance, pop, country, heavy, classical, schlager, etc.

Fashion Artist (Two branches: fashion designer and fashion model)
- Create custom fashions with the new Create a Style-like tool! Set the colours, patterns and shapes of the clothes as you wish!
- Create a Fashion Runway with the new Catwalk item! Only a true super model will be able to shock other Sims with their charm and style!

Mechanic
- Sims can fix up old cars, trucks, bikes and motorcycles.
- Create your custom vehicles with a new Custom Vehicle tool!
- In order to be a mechanic, Sim needs to learn Driving skill and Handiness skill.

Teacher
- Teachers can specialize in certain subjects, such as Maths, Chemistry, History, Psychology and Simlish.
- Teachers need several types of skills to succeed in their career.

Comments

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    I don't want teaching career to be active in the game it would be almost as boring as an office career
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    I don't want teaching career to be active in the game it would be almost as boring as an office career
    Well, Get To Workยดs active careers are optional. You donยดt have to go to work with your Sim. There is an option to let them go without you ;)
  • Options
    Well, Get To Workยดs active careers are optional. You donยดt have to go to work with your Sim. There is an option to let them go without you ;)

But to activiely be promoted you need to go to work with your sim. I mean seriously do you know how boring being a teacher is in RL? I do. 1)be expected to do oncalls, prep for classes (which is mostly photocopying), and have Parents-Teachers conferences. Not to mention kids texting friends in other classes.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

But to activiely be promoted you need to go to work with your sim. I mean seriously do you know how boring being a teacher is in RL? I do. 1)be expected to do oncalls, prep for classes (which is mostly photocopying), and have Parents-Teachers conferences. Not to mention kids texting friends in other classes.
    There could be some interesting moments with the teacher career though. Like a teacher Sim should stop fights between classmates and Sims who make mischief etc.
  • Options
    oblivion627oblivion627 Posts: 89 Member
    Hopefully we will continue to get more active careers with each expansion. I feel it makes a gigantic difference in terms of lasting appeal. For Get Together, they could add a bartender career where you have to break up fights, impress VIPs and give the ol' "bum's rush" to unruly patrons. You could even learn to perform bar-tending tricks to increase the amount of patrons you get.
  • Options
    SharkDOSharkDO Posts: 252 Member
    There is almost a guarantee for no more Active Careers, because that was the theme of GTW and that is done. However, the singer one could come in a Showtime-Like EP, although it would focus more on performing than the actual working career part. That would probably be non-active.
    "I'm a Simmer, not a gamer. I feel like my frustration with the game and the reason I don't "get it" is more about a disconnection and confusion with the vision...I'm worried about the future of the franchise."
  • Options
    0Chloe0Chloe Posts: 1,922 Member
    I've love some active careers for part-time work. Teens as baristas? Yes, please!
    nR9bj3xc5JPW0.gif
  • Options
    tweetykbj93tweetykbj93 Posts: 61 Member
    @SimGuruDrake Could you please pass these suggestions to The Sims 4 team for future active careers for The Sims 4? :)

Actor
    - Actors can act in many different types of films and plays, including musicals, horror films, action adventure, fantasia, drama & romantic comedies.

Film Director (Two branches: producer and director)
    - Film directors can design and make new films with professional video cameras (new skill: Filming)
    - Players can shot films with an in-game camera (similar to video cameras in The Sims 3: Generations). They will also be able to change the lighting, special effects and the length of the film and its scenes.
    - Complete films can be sold in retail stores if you have Get To Work EP installed. You will also be able to change the box art of each complete film DVD/Sim-Ray (parody of Blu-Ray).
    - Players will be able to see the names of the Sim actors, producers and film directors if they view the film details in the Gallery.

Singer
    - Singers have to develop their Singing skill in order to make their career shine.
    - Once a singer has their Singer career strong enough, they can go to a recording studio to record their debut album. Players will also be able to sell CDs at the retail stores of their Sims if they have Get To Work EP installed.
    - Lots of music genres: rock, dance, pop, country, heavy, classical, schlager, etc.

Fashion Artist (Two branches: fashion designer and fashion model)
    - Create custom fashions with the new Create a Style-like tool! Set the colours, patterns and shapes of the clothes as you wish!
    - Create a Fashion Runway with the new Catwalk item! Only a true super model will be able to shock other Sims with their charm and style!

Mechanic
    - Sims can fix up old cars, trucks, bikes and motorcycles.
    - Create your custom vehicles with a new Custom Vehicle tool!
    - In order to be a mechanic, Sim needs to learn Driving skill and Handiness skill.

Teacher
    - Teachers can specialize in certain subjects, such as Maths, Chemistry, History, Psychology and Simlish.
    - Teachers need several types of skills to succeed in their career.

Your ideas are amazing
    Tweetykbj93
  • Options
    teaching is not fun at all-unless you're a bible camp teacher. I don't even need to teach to know..my parents are/were teachers. I perfer teaching stay a non-active career.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    VinceDjansenVinceDjansen Posts: 87 Member
    Captain on a boat would be fantastic - e.g. included in a forthcoming TS4 Isla Paradiso expansion.
    Start as an apprentice on a large ship - and work your way up until you're the master on the bridge - making sailing routes and telling the other employees on the ship what to do (the cook, machineengineer, telegrapher and sailors.
  • Options
    wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    I think teaching would be fun. Or what about a lawyer? That'd be cool and different. It'd also be cool if you could control the Sim when they went off to work as a culinary in a restaurant. Or it'd also be cool if they could have a normal job. Like a cashier at a big grocery store and you could control what they did. :)
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • Options
    zoo-keeper (or owner - making the zoo profitable?!) racedriver, skiing-instructor, real estate salesman or footballer (like the career option in the FIFA-trilogy)
  • Options
    Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member
    You are aware that Zerbu made a Mod that made base come careers Active right?
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I wish they would put out more active careers too... I rally like the three we have. I wish they would make all of our careers active if we wanted to follow our sims to work
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    At first I didn't think it would be interesting but I have thought about it and am thinking add some field trips to the idea (Zoo, Pioner Village, Aquarium, historical houses?) and it might be interesting.. for the teaching career I mean
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    I hate to burst everyone's bubble but I highly doubt we'll get more active careers. Would it be awesome if we did? Heck yeah! But since Get to Work has all of the required coding for this to work, it's probably just going to stay at the three we have. They could technically shift that already-made coding to new expansions but let's be real here, EA and Maxis can be pretty ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ lazy. And realistically it probably isn't that easy. Nothing as complex as a game like The Sims ever is.

With all of that said I like every idea in the main post and would greatly enjoy more active careers. I remember in one of the expansion surveys there was an idea to create our own movies and stuff and upload them to the gallery to be rated. I would love that! It would go great with acting/singing careers.
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • Options
    Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member
    I hate to burst everyone's bubble but I highly doubt we'll get more active careers. Would it be awesome if we did? Heck yeah! But since Get to Work has all of the required coding for this to work, it's probably just going to stay at the three we have. They could technically shift that already-made coding to new expansions but let's be real here, EA and Maxis can be pretty ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ lazy. And realistically it probably isn't that easy. Nothing as complex as a game like The Sims ever is.

With all of that said I like every idea in the main post and would greatly enjoy more active careers. I remember in one of the expansion surveys there was an idea to create our own movies and stuff and upload them to the gallery to be rated. I would love that! It would go great with acting/singing careers.

Hello Zerbu made a Mod that Expands GTW use that.
  • Options
    I think you're right BrokenChaos69 - there won't be any new playable careers in the forthcoming expansions - except if it makes sense regarding the purpose/content of the expansion - like hotelowner in the TS4 IP.

If we get a music/performer EP though, making your own music-videos would be fun - with the limitations of the Sims game of course.

The second best solution with the 3 new careers would be an option to have a Medical practice at your own place- or sciencelab in the basement.
  • Options
    UniSimsUniSims Posts: 1,246 Member
    I defiantly want more active careers! The director idea sounds like superb.
    laughing-gifs-old-timey.gif

Everything is more colourful in black and white
  • Options
    emeraldirish88emeraldirish88 Posts: 29 Member
    This is just a suggestion but I think it would be cool to have like a circus and a zoo in the Sims world and have the option of working in the circus as either a juggler, tightrope walker, clown, etc and in the zoo be the zookeeper or veterinarian
  • Options
    tselphtselph Posts: 36 Member
    I would like to see a Lawyer/Judge Active career. And a courthouse venue.
  • Options
    t_j_at_j_a Posts: 6 New Member
    I keep buying expansions, it would be really cool if in every new expansions there's a new career. Like in the spa stuff you could be a masusse or a yoga instructor and or in get together we could be gym trainers or something like that to make it more fun then I wouldn't feel bad for buying a expansion if it came with a new job
  • Options
    t_j_at_j_a Posts: 6 New Member
    I think with every with every new expansion pack we should get new and different jobs and careers