Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wait...What? Sim just changed ethnicity?

AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
So, I decided to play the Sims 4 today. Mostly because I just wanted to do some decorating and house building and when I leave build mode, my "white" sim, changed skin tone. When I take him to into cas his skin tone is what it was before.

I decided to check his moodlets to see if, idk this is a feature? And I see this... His wife is a scientist with a ray gun but I never told her to use it...

2ahximr.jpg This is a thing ?

The mods I have are MC CMD center, no autonomous alien abductions, no enchanting/flirty introductions, door locking mod (for more lock combinations) and no happy boost from environmental objects.

I've never even heard of this before and I don't understand, why? What... lol Before I went to build mode he was talking to his son and watching tv.

Weirder stories indeed.

Edit: Updated mod list. + Wondering if anyone has ever seen this happen before?
2m60a6q.jpg
*There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.

Comments

• Options
    MaryJosMaryJos Posts: 4,935 Member
    I don't have mods so I couldn't tell but this is funny indeed lol
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    MaryJos wrote: »
    I don't have mods so I couldn't tell but this is funny indeed lol

Yeah, and I've used these mods before and never seen something like this happen lol. I didn't even know you could use a ray gun to transform sims let alone have sims use it autonomously (I didn't see her use it though but I guess she had to?)

It's funny but confusing.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    KeffersKeffers Posts: 984 Member
    Maybe he just got a tan.
  • Options
    Keffers wrote: »
    Maybe he just got a tan.

Can sims get tanned in sims 4? Also he was inside the house, at night time... pretty much all day because he had the day off lol.

I've been letting the game run on max speed since the moodlet says "2" days and he's still the same. I'll try and use the cheat to remove it if it still doesn't change. Other wise I guess he'll be really be living that perspective change. Such an odd glitch.
    2m60a6q.jpg
  • Options
    @wyn Lol! Oh so it really isn't a bug (coincidentally now the moodlet is 18 hours). Wow, just when I thought I knew everything about GTW the game surprises me. Guess I'll take that max speed off. That's pretty funny but very odd. I'll let my sim enjoy his walk in someone else's shoes.

Thanks for the reply. :)
    2m60a6q.jpg
  • Options
    SarduchiSarduchi Posts: 208 Member
    Yea, randomly transformed. It'll work itself out in a few "days".
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    I've never heard of this in my base game.
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    edited August 2015
    What the heck? I didn't know you could use transform on people. That's kinda cool. Is it permanent? Can you reverse it?
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    I've never heard of this in my base game.

It's from GTW, there's a Sim ray gun scientist can create. I had thought you could only transform objects and freeze people but I guess not!

@LoveMcQueen5683 It's not permanent. I had thought it was a bug initially but nope. It last two Sim-days and then they change back to their default self.
    2m60a6q.jpg
  • Options
    The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member
    wyn wrote: »
    Lol this happens when you use the "transform" thing on a sim. I did it to a co-worker.

Before:
    cEcM8cC.png

After:
    XlMnbK6.png

*giggle fit*

Omg! @wyn Please say you uploaded the red head version to the gallery or she's still in your game, she's really pretty :open_mouth:
  • Options
    ttyoxoxttyoxox Posts: 79 Member
    He just pulled a reverse Michael Jackson.
  • Options
    wynwyn Posts: 901 Member
    Lol this happens when you use the "transform" thing on a sim. I did it to a co-worker.

Before:
    cEcM8cC.png

After:
    XlMnbK6.png

*giggle fit*

Omg! @wyn Please say you uploaded the red head version to the gallery or she's still in your game, she's really pretty :open_mouth:

Lol I think she's still around somewhere.. although the transform may have already worn off. Relatively easy CAS fix though, I'll check next time I load up. :)
    Origin ID: WyntirLily
  • Options
    The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member

Before:
    cEcM8cC.png

After:
    XlMnbK6.png

*giggle fit*

Lol I think she's still around somewhere.. although the transform may have already worn off. Relatively easy CAS fix though, I'll check next time I load up. :)

• Options
    BESS73BESS73 Posts: 174 Member
    Wonder what happens if you tried for a baby whilst 'transformed,' would the baby have the new genetics or original?
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    Lol this is so bizarre! I had no idea this was in the game.
  • Options
    SarduchiSarduchi Posts: 208 Member
    > @Mightydan said:
    > Lol this is so bizarre! I had no idea this was in the game.

You think that's bizarre, wait till you play with the clone machine.
  • Options
    DyrewitchDyrewitch Posts: 465 Member
    OMG!! the things my scientist sims did to people it was awesome =)
  • Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    This is slightly on topic (maybe) but I had 2 pale white sims try for baby, they lived in different households and when she had the baby, he was black.... Like, dark.. No cc or mods, maybe she was cheating!?! :open_mouth:
    (I was just waiting to share this but didn't wana make my own thread, sorry.....)
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    edited August 2015
    Wait 'til your sims find for themselves the delightful green ice cream.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,977 Member
    Lol.... I had my scientist used the freeze ray on a coworker once... They become ice, and when I chip the off of them they are a light blue..:: u can also use th sim Ray to make people change outfits, to clean, and to eat.... Not sure what else yet... U keep upgrading the someway at work.... I didn't know you could transform a sim like that either.... Going to have to try it with a co worker.
  • Options
    ferret9005ferret9005 Posts: 1,361 Member
    *Evil laugh*
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    BESS73 wrote: »
    Wonder what happens if you tried for a baby whilst 'transformed,' would the baby have the new genetics or original?

You know what... I don't actually know the answer to that question and it might be because I have custom skin tones (more variation to the skin selections, maybe like 40~50) but I had him and his wife try for a baby days later and their daughter was actually very brown. Hadn't seen that happen to any other sims yet though, but it could be a coincidence. Then I checked how the kid would look as a child and teen and she looked like a perfect mix of her parents except for the skin tone.

It's always nice to see unexpected things happen in the sims in general but especially in the Sims 4. I thought I had seen it all but I guess not. :)

Edit: 2ir3t5s.jpg
    (The transformation was for sure a result of the Simray (autonomous because I didn't direct it which might be a mod issue) but the child might be a result of custom skin tones.
    surraaaaaa wrote: »
    This is slightly on topic (maybe) but I had 2 pale white sims try for baby, they lived in different households and when she had the baby, he was black.... Like, dark.. No cc or mods, maybe she was cheating!?! :open_mouth:
    (I was just waiting to share this but didn't wana make my own thread, sorry.....)

Oh, that's funny. I hadn't read your post yet but I was just mentioned that above. The plot thickens.
    Wait 'til your sims find for themselves the delightful green ice cream.

I haven't experienced it myself but I did watch a video and seen the results. The animation is pretty cool. :)
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Lol.... I had my scientist used the freeze ray on a coworker once... They become ice, and when I chip the off of them they are a light blue..:: u can also use th sim Ray to make people change outfits, to clean, and to eat.... Not sure what else yet... U keep upgrading the someway at work.... I didn't know you could transform a sim like that either.... Going to have to try it with a co worker.

I think the Simray is my favorite object from GTW. So many things it can do.
    2m60a6q.jpg
  • Options
    graciecam1303graciecam1303 Posts: 175 Member
    THATS HILARIOUS! I had no idea and now i'm going to have to go and get my sims really high scientist level haha
    tumblr_mxmllsu3fz1shhth1o2_500.gif
  • Options
    BaenreBaenre Posts: 595 Member
    That's never happened in my game yet. That's pretty funny! lol Although I've had an event where my Irish inspired couple, the wife gave birth to a black baby....did not see that coming..... and I thought "Oh someone has some explaining to do." It had to have been a glitch because when the child aged up, it was the same skin tone as the parents. Also for some weird reason the eyebrows and beards (on men) will not stay the color I select for them. Very frustrating.