Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you buy The Sims 4: Dogs GP?

ยซ1
And/or The Sims 4: Cats GP?

I don't want to hear any spiel about how it should be a full EP with both.

Just answer. If either or both of those GPs were released, would you buy them?

Comments

• Options
    abbyo48870abbyo48870 Posts: 166 Member
    edited August 2015
    A million times yes! But, my luck, there wouldn't be real ANIMALS, it'd be animal costumes and posters and plants. -.-

There'd also be gnomes, for heaven's sake.
    EiEgvr2.gif
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    No I would not buy a dogs game pack I don't like dogs in real life or in game. Now cats I would probable buy but I prefer birds and tropical fish tanks which have been in Pets so I would see it as a major loss not getting them.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    BoothBiscuitBoothBiscuit Posts: 62 Member
    Considering the fact that they were EPs in all other games, it would be so frustrating for them to do that in the first place. I would say it depends, but since you want a straight up answer, yes, I would buy either one (...cats.) or both. GPs have been pretty good so far content wise and for each GP to go to either cats or dogs, that would be a whole lot of content for one pet. Might even add up to be bigger than the Sims 3 pets EP if they do make them GPs, but I'm not going to get my hopes up.
    (and GPs cost 20 dollars. That added up as a cat GP and a dog GP would make it the same price as an EP, which is either a good deal on our side or an impractical one on their part. Probably both. )
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    no, I would not.
  • Options
    BinibiniBinibini Posts: 1,282 Member
    If that was the only way to get pets (dogs or cats) then yes.
    7qffjymyc7xj.png
    tap banner for 'such is life' | more projects + cc at facebook.com/jellysimwich
  • Options
    v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    Same as Binibini
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    No...
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    It depends if it looked good or not.
  • Options
    PrincessSaturnPrincessSaturn Posts: 564 Member
    Right after I buy my Sims 4: Rocks gamepack
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    No...I can't say I would. That's just where I draw the line with the milking.

But one advantage to that would be that the dogs would be more fleshed out than ever before. There would be more breeds, sizes, and things for them to do. At least that's how it should be.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    wistfoolwistfool Posts: 74 Member
    edited August 2015
    Oh, gladly, but it will be a 'Treat yo self' buy, not a sensible, weigh-the-pros-and-cons one. I might even prefer it to a full-on Pets expansion, because I kept having to delete the EP from my TS3 game as the option to turn off horses in-game never worked and I got too much lag. And I want dogs in my game, ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ.

(But really, they should put the dogs in with the zombie-themed EP. Can't have an apocalypse without a trusty canine sidekick.)

Edit: I'd never buy the cats GP. Never known anyone to have a cat for a pet or even interacted with a cat my whole life, so they're more alien to me than aliens themselves.
  • Options
    bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
    edited August 2015
    And/or The Sims 4: Cats GP?

I don't want to hear any spiel about how it should be a full EP with both.

Just answer. If either or both of those GPs were released, would you buy them?

Heck no. If EA ever had the HUGE BALLS to produce such a lazy, OBVIOUS cash grab, then id be done with the series..
  • Options
    SimleySimley Posts: 284 Member
    I love dogs, but no. Even in Sims 2 I didn't feel it added a lot to gameplay. I prefer focusing on human Sims, I suppose.
  • Options
    ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    If I owned the Sims 4, and I was looking forward to pets (because I would be if I did own the game), no. Just imagining them doing that is almost highly offensive to me. Got me messed up, lol.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited August 2015
    I might. The only person in my Sims-playing household who is interested in Pets is interested only in Dogs. (Another was interested in Cats, but isn't playing now and has so much else going on that I doubt he'll pick it up again.) So I'd save $20 :)

EDIT: This post is not meant to encourage a two-GP Pets! Me saving $20 does not make this a good idea actually.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER โ€” Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    No, I would buy the pets EP.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    Like everything it would depend on what it came with and how fleshed out it was. Of course then you'd need a Horse GP and a Fish GP and a Birds GP and a "Roaming Wild Animals" GP ect.
  • Options
    HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    i think i'd buy fallout 4 instead. there's a dog in it.
  • Options
    meredisumeredisu Posts: 112 Member
    I'd say if it wasn't like 10 bucks for a cat or a dog, I'd think about it. I'm not much fond of pets expansion for sims 3 (laggy and game crashing) aside from the cats, haha. (and okay, maybe the unicorns) I'd probably be willing if it wasn't like 30 bucks.
    Simblr: meresimblr.tumblr.com
    <p><b>--Mere</b>
  • Options
    KPSimmerKPSimmer Posts: 188 Member
    Dogs no...cats probably.
  • Options
    CharityHopeCharityHope Posts: 570 Member
    Dogs probably. Cats, no way. Can't stand them IRL and don't want them in my game. Esp right now when I just cleaned up a big mess in my garage left by the neighbors cat! :#
  • Options
    AxeEclipticaAxeEcliptica Posts: 370 Member
    Nope. All or nothing.
  • Options
    alienXingalienXing Posts: 168 Member
    Dogs probably. Cats, no way. Can't stand them IRL and don't want them in my game. Esp right now when I just cleaned up a big mess in my garage left by the neighbors cat! :#

Cats are the best animal of all time!
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Maybe they should make a $40 Pets EP, with a discount No Cats version for, say, $25, and a discount No Dogs version too :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER โ€” Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Diya7Diya7 Posts: 88 Member
    Of course! I think pets would be a great addition
    skyrim_signature_by_gumnade-d4iz7dw.jpg
    Watch the skies, traveler-