Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons/Weather and Pets

I am sure plenty of people have mentioned Pets and Seasons, but here are a few of my ideas.
While falcons and cardinals were a nice addition to Sims 3 and all I'd love to see more actual "pets" like:
Caged Animals -
Birds: Finches, Canaries, Parakeets, Conures, Cockatoos, Macaws, African Greys, of all different species and colors!
Amphibians (different species of frogs, newts, salamanders ect)
Reptiles: Snakes (boas, pythons, corn snakes of all colors and species i know there are many!)
Rodents: Mice, Rats, Hamster, Dwarf Hamsters, Guinea Pigs (again many different colors)
Free Roaming Animals -
Dogs and Cats and Horses I'd loved to see better details on as for species and colors, well Sims 3 had that pretty well set
Other possible ideas for pets to give it more variation from the Sims 3 and give it slightly more "farm" theme..cows/bulls (milk and meat for new or current recipies or sell for extra simoleans), chickens/rooters (eggs or meat for ingredients for new or current meals, extra simoleans or babies), sheep/rams (that you can sheer and use on a loom to create unique clothes or sell for extra simoleans) and goats (for milk like cows)
Along with the new animals should come to ability to breed cats, dogs, horses, cows..ETC (minus the caged animals)
Not sure about the whole "unicorn" thing like Sims 3, but hey why not kinda cool no?

Now the fun one! Seasons and weather!
Would love to see the addition of greenhouses, rounded corners for pools and fountains creating tool for ponds that can be stocked with fish!
Spring: LOTS of rain, thunderstorms with lightning that can strike anything outdoors sims included! (for garden plants and trees, instant death. For non garden trees would be kinda neat to see either singing for community lots and wild trees (trees not on lots) and pile of "rubbish" for trees on actual player lots and for sims they'd receive a singed/uncomfortable moodlet or if struck mutiple times while the moodlet is active there's a good chance at death and with the rain it'll automatically water any plants outdoors.
Summer:heat waves, sun burns, pool parties, day time "wilting" stage for garden plants (just need a little water and all good), thunder storms w/ lightning (as mentioned above) and occasional small rain storm or hail storm possible, new harvestables to use in your new juice maker or wine press for making all sorts of beverages (lemonade, strawberry lemonade, grape, orange, cucumber you name it)
Autumn: turning of the leaves! {my favorite time of year} similar to Sims 3 leaves begin to turn all wondrous shades of yellows, browns, reds and eventually as winter nears the leaves begin to fall (but here is where i'd like to see a more realistic density to the fallen leaves where as sims walk out to rake the leaves they'll leave tracks through the leaves and after short time eventually fill back in and again as mentioned above thunders storms with lightning, rain and hail storms but with the addition of snow flurries closer the to the changing of seasons into winter
Winter: leaves have all fallen from the trees, it's time to move your gardening plants indoors into your new greenhouse to protect them from the frost and keep them from going "dormant". Ice skating on frozen ponds, (as with Sims 3) building of snowmen/women (yes! that is right snowwomen wearing scarves, bonnet hats, aprons, mom's jewelry! {LOL} ETC! shovel snow from your walkways and sidewalks (and driveways if they introduce cars)

I know this is kind of a long post so as one last quick message, if you have read all this I want to thank you for putting in the time to read it all LOL!