Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Better Babies!

Everyone is in an uproar about the toddlers but I really think we should tell EA what we think about the babies.
Sure, they gave us babies, but these babies SUCK.

They don't suck because they are babies they suck because they are unrealistic and remind me of the sims 1. There should be cribs, changing tables, clothing, ect. Stuff that babies actually have in really life.

Your baby is born and stuck in that stupid basket. It makes them annoying because they can't go anywhere or even be held. I really want the babies to be better improved.

Comments

• Options
    RivendellStarRivendellStar Posts: 1,004 Member
    I think it would be so cool if they improved the babies by adding the furniture you mentioned (cribs, changing tables, clothing, more baby decor, etc.). Even though the baby interactions are limited, I do enjoy not having to pick up the babies off of the floor or having the nanny run off with them like in the other games...that part at least is an improvement.
    jiyKE8j.png
  • Options
    MysticalSimmerMysticalSimmer Posts: 160 Member
    > @RivendellStar said:
    > I think it would be so cool if they improved the babies by adding the furniture you mentioned (cribs, changing tables, clothing, more baby decor, etc.). Even though the baby interactions are limited, I do enjoy not having to pick up the babies off of the floor or having the nanny run off with them like in the other games...that part at least is an improvement.

Yeah :) You are right! I just think its sad they have almost zero content for them.
  • Options
    Yeah, I understand. I wish there was more content for the babies too.
    jiyKE8j.png
  • Options
    Morgan203Morgan203 Posts: 29 Member
    That is so true about the babies. They all look the same. Also babysitters should be an option too for the babies. I had a sims that had triplets and she needed help. I try not to use cheats in my game. Also an option would be nice to travel with babies and do a dropped baby off at and chose the location. It could be the grandparents house or another relative.
  • Options
    katsdragon88katsdragon88 Posts: 3 New Member
    Ooohhhh, yeah I like that last idea about being able to drop the babies off at different locations like a relatives or something. Also we should have day care centers like in the Sims 3, whether it's your own day care or one built into the game. And yeah I was pretty disappointed with the lack of interactions and baby things in the Sims 4. Sure it's nice to have the option of breastfeeding but seriously it's kinda boring to have babies, they should have things like changing tables or baby bathtubs or something.
  • Options
    Yeah, babysitters or daycare centers would be a nice add!
    jiyKE8j.png
  • Options
    I> @Morgan203 said:
    > That is so true about the babies. They all look the same. Also babysitters should be an option too for the babies. I had a sims that had triplets and she needed help. I try not to use cheats in my game. Also an option would be nice to travel with babies and do a dropped baby off at and chose the location. It could be the grandparents house or another relative.

I agree :) grandparents don't really get to do anything special with their grandchildren.
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    Everyone is in an uproar about the toddlers but I really think we should tell EA what we think about the babies.

They don't suck because they are babies they suck because they are unrealistic and remind me of the sims 1. There should be cribs, changing tables, clothing, ect. Stuff that babies actually have in really life.

Your baby is born and stuck in that stupid basket. It makes them annoying because they can't go anywhere or even be held. I really want the babies to be better improved.

From that survey, I really do think that's when the infants will get an "upgrade", it stated in the survey about growing a family and watching as your babies grow and what not..so I think they'll give the infants some more features, or even.. fix the issue with the cribs and such. When they said they were trying to find a solution to make the babies "better" in that one Ask A Guru thread, I think this is what they could be planning.

Not saying there are, but it is a slight hint.. of what they could do.
  • Options
    > @OneAdorkableGirl said:
    > MysticalSimmer wrote: »
    >
    > Everyone is in an uproar about the toddlers but I really think we should tell EA what we think about the babies.
    > Sure, they gave us babies, but these babies SUCK.
    >
    > They don't suck because they are babies they suck because they are unrealistic and remind me of the sims 1. There should be cribs, changing tables, clothing, ect. Stuff that babies actually have in really life.
    >
    > Your baby is born and stuck in that stupid basket. It makes them annoying because they can't go anywhere or even be held. I really want the babies to be better improved.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > From that survey, I really do think that's when the infants will get an "upgrade", it stated in the survey about growing a family and watching as your babies grow and what not..so I think they'll give the infants some more features, or even.. fix the issue with the cribs and such. When they said they were trying to find a solution to make the babies "better" in that one Ask A Guru thread, I think this is what they could be planning.
    >
    > Not saying there are, but it is a slight hint.. of what they could do.

I really really hope this is the case
  • Options
    ZeevahZeevah Posts: 52 Member
    I miss having changing tables like Sims 2 I was disappointed when they didn't really introduce them into Sims 3! The idea of relatives or day care center is probably the best I have seen in regards to babies and toddlers, but what about children? Currently they can be left home alone which in real life we don't do! I think either having kids go to an after school program or to a child care center would be a good feature!
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    What I'd like to see is a changing table, baby swing, nursing chair no woman stands up while nursing and a blanket on the floor where the baby could roll around and the family could sit around playing with it so instead of 1 item it could be locked to a few and I'd be ok with that because with these things it would feel like part of the family not a object.

Ok and a babybejorn when they leave the house it would free up their hands for multi tasking. ;)
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    I agree with the nursing thing! Its actually silly if you think about it.
  • Options
    sparkler_rosesparkler_rose Posts: 466 Member
    I think it would be so cool if they improved the babies by adding the furniture you mentioned (cribs, changing tables, clothing, more baby decor, etc.). Even though the baby interactions are limited, I do enjoy not having to pick up the babies off of the floor or having the nanny run off with them like in the other games...that part at least is an improvement.

I'd totally forgotten about the nanny kidnaps. :D

The needs aren't even realistic. I aged a baby up after I got a notice that the baby would get taken away because I was starving it and it needed a diaper change and the kid was not hungry, nor dirty or anything. I only just started ts2 again, but I'm pretty sure with those babies the toddler would be hungry/dirty etc
  • Options
    charcougcharcoug Posts: 265 Member
    I think that what your saying is a good idea, we may never get toddlers but as you said if wee can get babies more realistic and fun It would be a better replacement . IM NOT SAYING THAT WE DONT NEED TODLERS! :D
    Where are my toddlers?!

http://i68.tinypic.com/fw297c.jpg
  • Options
    wboyd323wboyd323 Posts: 25 Member
    I want toddlers more than anything, but I have also thought about this exact thing! The babies really do suck. It's like EA/Maxis made it such a useless life stage on purpose. Its sad that a game made 10+ years ago (The Sims 2) was more advanced in these areas then what we were given now! Just listen to us!! That's all we ask!
  • Options
    KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    I wish we could see the babies' needs too. That was an improvement from 2 to 3 that I really loved. It's hard and frustrating having to just guess what the baby needs. "Oh it's crying again. Is it hungry? Lonely? Does it need changing? Ehhh I can't tell. I'll do all three."

But what I really really want is to not have to put the baby down between every interaction. That gets old really fast.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    BinibiniBinibini Posts: 1,282 Member
    I'm one of those people that really wants toddlers back. I'm a family/generational player but because so much is lacking in the life stages department (and their interactions) I can't get into starting families in TS4. So gameplay has been a bit stale for me, personally. If we're just complaining about babies, I'm in the same boat, it's a bum deal. There is nothing engaging when you interact with your newborn, it's pretty dang boring, to say the least.
    7qffjymyc7xj.png
    tap banner for 'such is life' | more projects + cc at facebook.com/jellysimwich
  • Options
    starofrohan1starofrohan1 Posts: 344 Member
    Someone above mentioned babysitters...

Yeah, how come my CHILD age kids can be at home ALONE?! IRL they would burn the plum house down! Besides, it was a cute feature I kinda miss....
    Follow me on Tumblr!
    Origin ID: starofrohan1

sigannouncement_zpsjkvq0qve.png

• Options
    ZeevahZeevah Posts: 52 Member
    > @starofrohan1 said:
    > Someone above mentioned babysitters...
    >
    > Yeah, how come my CHILD age kids can be at home ALONE?! IRL they would burn the plum house down! Besides, it was a cute feature I kinda miss....

Agreed! I'd like to see after school programs for kids and teens as well as babysitters (scheduled and automatic) and/or day care center.
  • Options
    charcoug wrote: »
    I think that what your saying is a good idea, we may never get toddlers but as you said if wee can get babies more realistic and fun It would be a better replacement . IM NOT SAYING THAT WE DONT NEED TODLERS! :D

Yes I think everyone wants toddlers. Even if you aren't a family simmer they still should be in the base game.
  • Options
    wboyd323 wrote: »
    I want toddlers more than anything, but I have also thought about this exact thing! The babies really do suck. It's like EA/Maxis made it such a useless life stage on purpose. Its sad that a game made 10+ years ago (The Sims 2) was more advanced in these areas then what we were given now! Just listen to us!! That's all we ask!

Sims 1 style is what they went back to.
    Magic baby in a crib magically turns into child.
  • Options
    ShuffleJShuffleJ Posts: 273 Member

Totally agree.

• Options
    NatKingSimNatKingSim Posts: 757 Member

And the teens suck.
    bI7Zx0.gif
    Download below
  • Options
    dg51829dg51829 Posts: 300 Member

From that survey, I really do think that's when the infants will get an "upgrade", it stated in the survey about growing a family and watching as your babies grow and what not..so I think they'll give the infants some more features, or even.. fix the issue with the cribs and such. When they said they were trying to find a solution to make the babies "better" in that one Ask A Guru thread, I think this is what they could be planning.

Not saying there are, but it is a slight hint.. of what they could do.

I really hope that is true. It would be awesome if that's what they are working on. We need some family orientated content. I loved the baby swings and rocking chairs from sism 3. I'd really like to see maybe rocking horses, playpins, and floor baby toys make an introduction.
  • Options
    NatKingSim wrote: »

And the teens suck.

Yeah...that could be another rant lol. They look like adults.