The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does leveling up a teen?

Question is has anyone noticed a difference in adult sims after leveling up a teen Sim and making grade A in homework? I leveled up my sim in childhood yet curious if I need to in teen age?

Comments

• Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    I thought being an A student let you be further advanced when you start a job (meaning skipping a few promotions and starting further in the career)

Idk if that's true though.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    If you get an A in high school you start at level 3 of which ever career you choose.
  • Options
    Huntress1181Huntress1181 Posts: 186 Member
    I just wish the teens were a bit more realistic. Shorter than an adult. More teen things like the prom, and first date and such like that. Just seems too adult except with homework which is why I usually skip teen stage. There def. was more to teens in Sims 3. lol. But thanks. I will keep my sim a teen to see how progress goes
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I just wish the teens were a bit more realistic. Shorter than an adult. More teen things like the prom, and first date and such like that. Just seems too adult except with homework which is why I usually skip teen stage. There def. was more to teens in Sims 3. lol. But thanks. I will keep my sim a teen to see how progress goes

We didn't get prom till Sims 3 Generations -- could be a Sims 4 Generations would add that as well. I'm okay with teens the same height as adults since all my great-nieces are taller than me. I would like more things to set teens apart from adults -- could be that Get Together could help since you can set age restrictions on the groups so you could have all teens or all children in a group.

One thing I'd really like though is the ability to keep track of individual earnings rather than everything going into a big household account. Right now, you move a Sim out of the house they start with the base 20K or whatever regardless of how much they contributed to the household, so it really doesn't make sense for a teen to get a part-time job unless you've got a storyline of a poor family and the teen has to go to work to help pay the bills. Teens being able to have savings accounts (and money can be transferred between those and the main household account) would come in handy both for when they move out on their own and when we get University. Also separate accounts would be better for roommate situations.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    lapislazulilapislazuli Posts: 73 Member
    > @Huntress1181 said:
    > I just wish the teens were a bit more realistic. Shorter than an adult. More teen things like the prom, and first date and such like that. Just seems too adult except with homework which is why I usually skip teen stage. There def. was more to teens in Sims 3. lol. But thanks. I will keep my sim a teen to see how progress goes

The teens aren't necessarily unrealistic, but I do agree that there should be more teen specific activities!!! I'll leave it to future EPS, I guess.
    anyways,
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    edited August 2015

One thing I'd really like though is the ability to keep track of individual earnings rather than everything going into a big household account. Right now, you move a Sim out of the house they start with the base 20K or whatever regardless of how much they contributed to the household, so it really doesn't make sense for a teen to get a part-time job unless you've got a storyline of a poor family and the teen has to go to work to help pay the bills. Teens being able to have savings accounts (and money can be transferred between those and the main household account) would come in handy both for when they move out on their own and when we get University. Also separate accounts would be better for roommate situations.

This is my most hated part of the game and stunts my playstyle tremendously. I really hope they patch something in to make the economics in the game playable - I'm not holding my breath tho. Meanwhile, I'll just fudge it like I have been doing.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison