Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cannot Install Store Content - Game Stops Working

Hi Everyone,

I just completed a fresh install because my game was super slow and crashing. I've done this before in the past without issue.

However, this time, I'm having issues installing my store content with the launcher. I'm doing it is bundles as suggested. I have 10 or 12 items in downloads, select all and hit install. The window pops up and immediately I get the Game stopped working error. Window closes.

I've tried deleting the DCCache and DCBackup folders and restarting the launcher. I've added all the EPs and SPs to the DEP exceptions list. I tried adding the files from my back up downloads folder and I've tried adding them by downloading them again from my purchase history.

I don't know what else to do. Please help!
"This game lends itself to certain abuses." - Calvin

Comments

• Options
    NichaedemusNichaedemus Posts: 16,905 Member
    Hi,

Have you tried reinstalling your Store content one item at a time through the launcher?
    When you need help with The Sims 3 or The Sims 4, be sure to check out the Master Help Thread today!
  • Options
    LadyLaFleurLadyLaFleur Posts: 2,185 Member
    I always use the launcher for installing store content. I've tried installing a group and installing a single item and I get the same error. :(
  • Options
    LadyLaFleurLadyLaFleur Posts: 2,185 Member
    So I did another complete uninstall of the game, reinstalled just the base game and updated it. Downloaded a single set to test and so far so good. I guess I'll try reinstalling all my content and then adding the EP's. :S