Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

OMG!

They finally are giving us new traits, and a new aspiration. about time. I hope there is at least one new job. So excited about the DJ skill, and ability to make mix tapes.
tumblr_mvvt2iJ33k1slamnjo1_400.gif

Comments

• Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    The aspiration will probs be DJ Master.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    AlorapopAlorapop Posts: 903 Member
    I was thinking it might have to do with the clubs some how.
  • Options
    domokun2345domokun2345 Posts: 266 Member
    Alorapop wrote: »
    I was thinking it might have to do with the clubs some how.

Darn it. Both are good ideas.. But there is only one new Aspiration :(
    tumblr_msndau7MBI1qm19jyo1_500.gif
  • Options
    KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    I'm very excited for the traits :) ... I really think that this game needs more traits, and they're finally coming!
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • Options
    Is it for sure that my Sims will be able to make mixtapes? That would be so cool! Get Together isn't my first choice to be the next EP but I've to admit that I'm getting more interested the more I find out about it.
    Happy Simming! <3
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    They finally are giving us new traits, and a new aspiration. about time. I hope there is at least one new job. So excited about the DJ skill, and ability to make mix tapes.

No career I think, at least it wasn't mentioned.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    purplexbutterflypurplexbutterfly Posts: 597 Member
    I think the new aspiration will probably either be DJ Master or Master of the Clubs, something like that. Very excited!
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    I really hate how their EPs have no defined structure.
    With every EP there should be a new world, New career, new aspiration and new traits. They should all work with the EPs overall theme.

With this EP we are getting a world with GTW there was no world. With GTW there were careers with this one there are none. It is so messy
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2015
    With every EP there should be a new world, New career, new aspiration and new traits. They should all work with the EPs overall theme.

With this EP we are getting a world with GTW there was no world. With GTW there were careers with this one there are none. It is so messy

GTW was all about careers therefor there were careers.

And if I recall at least 2 EP in TS3 did not brought a world I bet that you did not remember. And btw GTW did bring us a world small or not there was one.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

And if I recall at least 2 EP in TS3 did not brought a world I bet that you did not remember. And btw GTW did bring us a world small or not there was one.

I don't compare it to TS3 but to TS2 EPs, those were more defined in terms of a structure and theme too. I feel there is a big mess here, they have no defined structure and future EP will be as vague as this one too.

I will not call the 4 lot screen as a world. That was their biggest mistake in GTW. That is not even a neighborhood. When a gamepack comes with a mini world that is OK but when an EP comes with a mini neighborhood that is not acceptable.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    It was said in the latest video interview with SimGuruRachael, and SimGuruLyndsay that the new DJ will have the ability to put a dance video on all the TV sets in the joint. I pretty certain that it was SimGuruLyndsay who said this in the interview by The Sim Supply. But she went on to say that they have no idea of what this new interaction with the TV's will be called at this time. :)

• Options
    InsanityInsanity Posts: 54 Member
    I think the aspiration will be a Popularity one. It'll probably be something like "Leader of the Club" or something.
  • Options
    I'm thinking that the new aspiration might be a DJ one, and will be either part of the Creativity or the Popularity aspiration category. :)
  • Options
    aclavoaclavo Posts: 1,517 Member
    edited August 2015

Well with TS4 traits can be introduced in game packs and not just expansions. But, we could use more of them.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member

there was no new world? How about Magnolia blossom?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »

It is a bit of a stretch to call four lots a world, no? And wasn't it intended to NOT be a 'world' on its own but integrated into the rest of WC? I do believe that is what the developers intended but couldn't manage to get it to work. So the neighborhood gets world status by default, not because it is an actual world with neighborhoods of its own.
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »

I wouldn't call Magnolia Promenade exactly a world. Since there was only one residential lot in the whole place. It's a shopping district with one residential lot. But Simmers do have the ability to turn Magnolia Promenade into a residential neighborhood, if they have GTW installed. :)

• Options
    SHarvey1998SHarvey1998 Posts: 1 New Member
    [quote="Kiwicantdie;13970460"]I'm very excited for the traits :) ... I really think that this game needs more traits, and they're finally coming! [/quote]

I hope they're better than the base game traits. To me, none of them mattered that much, and sims all seemed the same no matter what traits I chose. Squeamish, from OR was my favorite by far because it changed gameplay so much. I hope the GT traits are more like that.
  • Options
    I hear people complain. It seems you want way to much out of an EP. You probably have no idea how hard it is to make video games. I am amazed at how far we have come, and everyone is so whiny. We take things for granted.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I hear people complain. It seems you want way to much out of an EP. You probably have no idea how hard it is to make video games. I am amazed at how far we have come, and everyone is so whiny. We take things for granted.
    How far have we come? Still missing so many base game features with endless short cuts and still have bassinet babies no toddlers and teens who cant be told apart from adult unless you hover over them. I would totally agree we took things for granted if the game was free.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    I'm very excited for the traits :) ... I really think that this game needs more traits, and they're finally coming!

I hope they're better than the base game traits. To me, none of them mattered that much, and sims all seemed the same no matter what traits I chose. Squeamish, from OR was my favorite by far because it changed gameplay so much. I hope the GT traits are more like that.

Yes, the basic traits became kinda meh to me after a while. Especially now that I've explored all of them, and I really feel the need for more chances to create different, peculiar sims. I'm looking forward to that! Hope they're good ;)
    KEBB11a.png
  • Options
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    How far have we come? Still missing so many base game features with endless short cuts and still have bassinet babies no toddlers and teens who cant be told apart from adult unless you hover over them. I would totally agree we took things for granted if the game was free.

I think some features we still consider as "missing" (in "hopefully they'll be reintroduced later on") should just be considered as "gone".
    Gone for good. They're not taking babies out of the bassinets, they're not going to open the world, they're not going to change the teens' height.
    Some things are set this way.
    KEBB11a.png
  • Options
    ChadSims2 wrote: »

We are not really. We got a lot in the base game. They just focused more on other things. Do you really want Sims 4 to be just like Sims 3? some stuff was improved by not having open world. I think people focus on all that stuff Sims 3 has with all the expansions. honestly I hated sims 3 when it first came out. I did not even like it, or play it much until the third expansion. You can not expect rainbows, and unicorns every time you go to the park. lol
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited August 2015
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

I don't compare it to TS3 but to TS2 EPs, those were more defined in terms of a structure and theme too. I feel there is a big mess here, they have no defined structure and future EP will be as vague as this one too.

I will not call the 4 lot screen as a world. That was their biggest mistake in GTW. That is not even a neighborhood. When a gamepack comes with a mini world that is OK but when an EP comes with a mini neighborhood that is not acceptable.

Well, they're doings things differently and I personally don't think they should HAVE to include a world with each EP. Some EPs will need a world, some won't. Perhaps the reason active careers were more complete and well done compared to Sims 3 was because they utilized production time towards that instead of a world?

Ambitions had a world and those careers were weak compared to Sims 4.