Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Toddlers Need Their Own Expansion Pack

marksgirl2006marksgirl2006 Posts: 87 Member
edited August 2015 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I have read the threads about toddlers (maybe) DLC content. Well EA why not just patch them in and then do a whole pack around them? I have some ideas...

Make them the from ages !-5 years. Then we can take them kindergarten in a Get To School Expansion.
Other then teaching them just to talk,walk,use the potty how about ABC'S,counting to ten,basic colours,singing,dressing themselves.
A big box full of dress of clothes for them to use their imagination and play with other family members.
Toys I want blocks they can build with and knock over towers,dolls they can dress up. A jack in the box that can either make them happy,sad,scared when it pops out. Hey these toddlers better have EMOTIONS like all the other life stages,
Finger painting would be nice and simple crafts.
Puppets and a puppet theatre to play with older siblings.
Mommy and me yoga classes. Swimming classes?
Learning to eat nicely in a high chair.
Spending time with grandparents makes toddlers happy and gives elders a mood boost.
Learn how to ride a tricycle.

EA if your going to decide to charge for toddlers (maybe) then they better be the best 🐸🐸🐸🐸 toddlers ever.Other wise give us the patched in ones and keep them watered down .

Any thought or ideas?

Comments

• Options
    al456al456 Posts: 306 Member
    Very much disagree, there wouldn't be any other big features. Bringing in toddlers to their fullest and best, preteens, and more family/generational gameplay should be in one pack. I dont want to pay for all those separately. I like the survey description of generations, hope they go along with that.
    ~ SimManiac383 on the Gallery
    ~ https://twitter.com/Simmaniac383 < Twitter
    onm6UoE.jpg

~SimManiac
  • Options
    sydwilgirl23sydwilgirl23 Posts: 671 Member
    edited August 2015
    al456 wrote: »
    Very much disagree, there wouldn't be any other big features. Bringing in toddlers to their fullest and best, preteens, and more family/generational gameplay should be in one pack. I dont want to pay for all those separately. I like the survey description of generations, hope they go along with that.

Someone give this man (or woman) a cookie! I agree!
  • Options
    Swjosdotschka2Swjosdotschka2 Posts: 110 Member
    I payed for toddlers when I bought this ridicolous slim base game for a premium prize. So toddlers need o expansion pack, they need to be patched in in my opinion. I would have thought twice about this if the other lifestages in Sims 4 would be REALLY fleshed out, but they are not. Object babies, kids you can lecture but it has no impact on them, teens that are young adults who can not whoohoo but nothing more.

I won't through my money at EA after how they treated me and other familyplayers, unless they really suprise me with a stuning expansionpack. Looking at the two "Gets" I doubt they will manage that. Both very slim, both dull in my opinion.

@marksgirl2006 I like your ideas but EA clearly is not able to make a good familyplay-add on, so I think unless we find another developer that makes a good lifesim for us, we can kiss familyplay goodbye - including your great ideas, which EA should be proud of that a customers puts so much effort into developing great feature-ideas.

But, yo know... we life in a sim-time now were a closet were you can whoohoo is listed as a "feature" for an expansion pack. (Back in the days in Sims 2 this was simply an object, not listed as a feature. Because, wow, had the add ons of Sims 2 features!)
  • Options
    stacylynn79stacylynn79 Posts: 269 Member
    Is like to think of toddlers as 2 years old. To me, I have no kids, btw, 5 y/o sent toddlers and are more advanced than toddlers. I know plenty of 5 y/o who can count, spell, and know their colors. They don't know all their numbers, colors, and words, but they do know some.

There were very few things I liked abt generations, and I don't like the description in the survey. I think the producers need to think big and outside the box. Give me something I wasn't expecting, but will totally love.

Some objects I want for toddlers, kids, and teens: big wheels, computerized cars that they can drive (or maybe that's for older kids), roller skates without having to go to the skating rink, skills they can learn at a young age and get better at as they get older like knit, crochet, or sew doll clothes and can make clothes for themselves when they get older, and gain an extra skill because of it. jump ropes and double Dutch would be a fun kid activity. Hula hoop. Inflatable bouncy house and inflatable large slide that u can rent for a party. Fake phones and learning pads for toddlers.

Real kids show their personalities at a young age, so I want to see babies and toddlers develope personalities at a younger age. I want to see that baby whose always crying grow up to be an annoying whining adult. That baby who tries to talk grows up to be that talker who can easily make friends and also won't shut up. That quiet baby who grows up to be shy. I'd like to see a toddler who, based on personality or too much coddling, will scream and cry if a stranger picks him up, while another toddler will go willingly to strangers.

And of course, I still want the toddler temper tantrums, and even temper tantrums in kids. I want those back-talking teens. The acne. Yes, the mood swings, but I want it more visible in their actions than it was in the sims 3. I want them to climb out the window (if possible) when they sneak out. I want parents to display a good or bad emotion if teen gets a bf or gf.

This is all I can think of right now. I prefer more objects in a teen/kid related XP.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited August 2015
    Nope, I don't want toddlers confined to objects or to EPs. Many forget that the Sims 2 University had YAs confined to only one EP and world. It is just not going to work unless patched especially with all the supernaturals. I am ok with basic toddlers and having them fleshed out more along with preteens in a generations/family type of EP.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    sydwilgirl23sydwilgirl23 Posts: 671 Member
    edited August 2015
    Is like to think of toddlers as 2 years old. To me, I have no kids, btw, 5 y/o sent toddlers and are more advanced than toddlers. I know plenty of 5 y/o who can count, spell, and know their colors. They don't know all their numbers, colors, and words, but they do know some.

There were very few things I liked abt generations, and I don't like the description in the survey. I think the producers need to think big and outside the box. Give me something I wasn't expecting, but will totally love.

Some objects I want for toddlers, kids, and teens: big wheels, computerized cars that they can drive (or maybe that's for older kids), roller skates without having to go to the skating rink, skills they can learn at a young age and get better at as they get older like knit, crochet, or sew doll clothes and can make clothes for themselves when they get older, and gain an extra skill because of it. jump ropes and double Dutch would be a fun kid activity. Hula hoop. Inflatable bouncy house and inflatable large slide that u can rent for a party. Fake phones and learning pads for toddlers.

Real kids show their personalities at a young age, so I want to see babies and toddlers develope personalities at a younger age. I want to see that baby whose always crying grow up to be an annoying whining adult. That baby who tries to talk grows up to be that talker who can easily make friends and also won't shut up. That quiet baby who grows up to be shy. I'd like to see a toddler who, based on personality or too much coddling, will scream and cry if a stranger picks him up, while another toddler will go willingly to strangers.

And of course, I still want the toddler temper tantrums, and even temper tantrums in kids. I want those back-talking teens. The acne. Yes, the mood swings, but I want it more visible in their actions than it was in the sims 3. I want them to climb out the window (if possible) when they sneak out. I want parents to display a good or bad emotion if teen gets a bf or gf.

This is all I can think of right now. I prefer more objects in a teen/kid related XP.

I have a six-year-old nephew. He knows how to write, but he doesn't know how to read. He tells me I can't read, of course I manged to pass school for 14 years....if I didn't know how to read, then I couldn't even right like this.
  • Options
    Shadecaster101Shadecaster101 Posts: 1,343 Member
    My biggest worry of including toddlers/preteens in an EP is that they may not get added on in other EP's, although it is possible.
  • Options
    stacylynn79stacylynn79 Posts: 269 Member
    :D:D

You should tell him that!

I'm the youngest of 15 children (more actually, but that's another story) I have a niece and nephew older than me and some 2-3 years younger. A lot of siblings = a whole lotta kids in the family, and I've grown up with kids my whole life. There's not a time that I can remember when there wasn't a baby in the family, lol. My sister has 9 kids. A niece has abt 10 kids (not exaggerating, and I'm not that old, btw). Plus, add the other siblings and nieces and nephews children. Some are exceptionally smart. A few have been dumb as door knobs, but most are average intelligence. It's fun talking to kids because u can see how smart they are, and kids and teens in general are much smarter than many adult give them credit for. It's interesting seeing their logic at a young age and how they view the world around them.

It's also funny seeing them try to pull one over on their parents. My nephew wrote a letter saying that there was no school the next day and gave it to his mom, telling her it was from his teacher. She believed it!! Like, you couldn't tell that that was kid handwriting, big and sloppy, lol. I've had two nephews attempt that one!

I also have a nephew who said he couldn't read, tho he should be able to at his age and grade level. And I've had kids completely surprise me at how super smart they were. And I have that annoying niece who thinks she's smarter than everyone just because she's at the top of her class at school, and she doesn't even know all her states, and her response to that is that she doesn't have to know them because she's so smart. UGH, I just want to drop-kick her. She even says she's smarter than me, even though she's not even in high school, and I'm the one with two bachelor's degrees! She's the one who annoys me the most, lol.