Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Deleting Saves File

I want to start over, if I delete this file will all the saved families be gone? Thanks so much.

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    Deleting save files will not affect anything you've saved to your Library - those files are in the Tray folder.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Why not just start a new game from the main menu and use Save As to put it in a new save file?

Yes, if you delete the saves folder, or all the save files in the folder, then all your saved families should be gone. Still, it would be easier to just start a new game and a new save file.
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    You can also delete saves from within the game. Under the option (can't remember what it's called) where you chose which save to play, there is an X that you can click and delete that save.

A bit off topic... I wish saves in the folders would reflect what we named them in game. That would make it easier on me to delete some saves when I don't want to go in game.
    p8L4V6v.png