Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The direction sims 4 is heading in

I love sims 4 but the direction seems to be...
star wars party!
uVp0K.gif
The reason I'm pointing this out is because look at this list of things many of you want:
  1. No more Star Wars costumes
  2. Toddlers
  3. Open world
  4. Create a style tool
  5. More depth
  6. Less party DLC
  7. More family play focus
  8. Create a world tool
  9. Stuff you're signing petitions for
  10. Etc etc
And not to say all of these things I'm particularly bothered about, I just want to point out that in the direction they're heading, the chances of anything on that list actually happening is a low chance. Sorry it doesn't affect my playstyle personally but it may affect many of you and I just wanted to notify you about it. You can still go back to previous sims games you know and love. I feel it's important to post this so there's less hype and disappointment.
feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!

Comments

• Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    The Sims 4 is heading into an amazing direction; it has outsold both the Sims 2 and the Sims 3. It is #3 most played on Origin.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Sorry, but what was the point of this thread?
  • Options
    kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    Nooo don't go giving them ideas. A star wars party / cringe worthy dancing Ep sounds exactly like the direction they might take the series in.
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    TeresitaTeresita Posts: 630 Member
    Basically, what you're saying is that the game's gone too casual? You play it just for fun and not to invest or create your own ideas on how to play it. Makes sense.
  • Options
    NewcrestSimmerNewcrestSimmer Posts: 124 Member
    I wish the dancing in Get Together looked that good. It looks so robotic in the trailer. :(
  • Options
    emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    Teresita wrote: »
    Basically, what you're saying is that the game's gone too casual? You play it just for fun and not to invest or create your own ideas on how to play it. Makes sense.

No I'm basicly saying the direction it's going in. Personally I don't mind it, they're doing a good job.
    *i hate the Star Wars bit*
    It's fun but I'm not a family player so the direction doesn't affect me, personally.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Options
    TeresitaTeresita Posts: 630 Member
    emmaning wrote: »
    Teresita wrote: »

No I'm basicly saying the direction it's going in. Personally I don't mind it, they're doing a good job.
    *i hate the Star Wars bit*
    It's fun but I'm not a family player so the direction doesn't affect me, personally.
    That's basically the direction it's going for. A casual game. No longer a sandbox as the previous games before it.
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    There will not be an open world. Everyone can take that off their list. It won't work within the parameters of the game engine. As well, placing your own size lots where you want will most likely be impossible as well. Otherwise pretty accurate but also pretty well known. OH and I loved the Star Wars costumes! I love Boba Fett!
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    LOL... I just decided if they really do sync dance in the coming pack, I gotta put them in matching costumes the first time :).
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    ShadowSixxShadowSixx Posts: 154 Member
    I like the direction they're going in as they're changing the gameplay like they do in every sims game. Which is what I like, don't want the same gameplay for every sims game they release.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    I stopped being hyped and disappointed some time ago. So far. All of my predictions have come true, except for a frat house. But I'm sure they'll add that. Just like I'm sure they won't add many other things.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Well they did have a frat house in S2. I personally hope they add them in if they do a University expansion.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    i can't wait for the next expansion announcement. wonder if there will be pole dancing on stage and we just throw our money at them?
  • Options
    synthsynth Posts: 407 Member
    there is literally one party stuff pack and arguably expansion pack?? i dont understand where this hate of parties has come but how is no one calling out the exaggeration of the complaints of "too much party stuff"
    we have the same amount of camping packs that we have party packs, why is no one saying theres too much camping??
    buy artpop on itunes
  • Options
    HeadShakeCMHeadShakeCM Posts: 27 Member
    Maybe all the bonus pre-order perks as party stuff, too? It does seem heavily lopsided to parties. Now when we have a whole bunch of camping stuff, I'll definitely complain, too! ;)
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited August 2015
    I mean I just got into the Sims, Starting with Sims 4, and Wherever it's going, I'm gonna chase it.
    What's left of this moment, I'm not gonna waste it,
    stranded together, our worlds have collided,
    This won't be forever, so why try to fight it?

Or you could Get Together, make a Group of angry Sims and have a bonfire, invite EA to the Party and barbecue and fillet 'em
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif