Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is the new EP even about?

I don't get it. It is like a Nightlife EP without the city or something? They couldn't get any more vague with the name "Get Together". The only thing I've heard is that it has clubs... and maybe a DJ booth or something.
oh3cjs.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    About making friends and getting together with them to have fun :)

Either by creating your own club, going to the dance clubs, Cafés, playing foosball with them etc. :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    It's about bros, obviously.
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,419 Member
    No one knows what it's about. And I still want to know who thought that throwing in the Sims 2 Bon Voyage's fire dancers and real nightclubs into a random quaint European town was a good idea. It's like EA threw every former Sims EP idea into a hat, picked at random, and then made this EP.
  • Options
    DisgaeaGirlDisgaeaGirl Posts: 60 Member
    I thought it was about meeting people and having more places like clubs and stuff but it's hard to tell. Seems like they have something like the social groups from sims 3 university too...It's so random i don't even know if I'm happy not. i probably won't know till i see how the dance skills works. i wanted that but I'm not sure how they're gonna work it
  • Options
    isaiahzayisaiahzay Posts: 295 Member
    Closets. Apparently closets is one of the things they're most proud of for this EP. They briefly mention you can visit ancient ruins which sounds cool and then they shove closets in your face again. The only explanation is that a closet saved one of the producers fathers so they decided to make it a main feature. Mother WooH**ing Closets!
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    It seems like a mix or Sims 2 Freetime (clubs with interests) and Nightlife (DJ Booth, DJ and Dancing Skills)

Unfortunately, that's about all I know.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    esharpmajoresharpmajor Posts: 1,055 Member
    Eurotrash.
  • Options
    kingkong192kingkong192 Posts: 953 Member
    I'm asking myself questions too. The trailer was bad and didn't explain crap!
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Eurotrash.
    That doesn't sound nice :( Are the previous additions US trash then?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    Eurotrash.
    You seem like a nice person :)
  • Options
    Vampyfan2Vampyfan2 Posts: 517 Member
    I don't even know. The key features on the sims website are : "explore a new world", "meet new sims", "rule the dance floor", "party anywhere", and "get styled". So it looks like we are encouraged to make social events at community spots, make friends, uh...dance, and use the single new walk in closet item. I don't see a selling point. I know that it is too soon for impressions...but the release trailer was a major bust. Apparently the pond looking place is actually a new pool style...why? That part is such a letdown for me. I feel like everything that this expansion is offering so far should have already been in the base game, or could be released through 1 or 2 game packs.

This is my opinion, but after having this game for a year and hardly playing it due to missing features and lack of gameplay, I am very reluctant to buy anything else for TS4 franchinse unless I am dazzled...and after owning the game for a year, EA has yet to release a game back/stuff pack/expansion pack that is dazzling. This may be the end of the sims for me, which is sad, since I have been here since the beginning to watch EA release so many missed opportunities.
    Watch my live streams and follow me on twitch!

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Mightydan wrote: »
    Eurotrash.
    Oh, well i was not really trying to be rude... Glib maybe. isn't that the term for the euro version of clubbers? Like the people on Jersey Shore but from mainland Europe? Is that term more offensive than I think it is? I thought it was sort of like the European bro. Am I misusing? Sorry, not european myself.

Eta @JoAnne65 I didn't mean it like, 'its just some European trash' - its a slang term for a sub-culture. I actually love the European style of architecture! I have only heard that word used as a descriptor of a certain lifestyle that involves very single, techno dance party, stay out all night sort of stuff. Realizing now maybe it's not a very common term elsewhere in the world, or has other connotations! :#
    Post edited by esharpmajor on
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    That's alright then. I'm glad you didn't mean it in an offensive way.
  • Options
    Oh good, no offense meant! Although now I think on it I guess it does sound sort of derogatory. Checked the definition, and it indeed does apply to narcissistic European socialites, who like to go clubbing, and are very fashion conscious. Anyway that's was my initial thought of what the theme was. That or the movie Eurotip!
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    I don't even think Eaxis know what the expansion is about.
  • Options
    PirateJandcatsPirateJandcats Posts: 635 Member
    Eurotrash.
    Oh, well i was not really trying to be rude... Glib maybe. isn't that the term for the euro version of clubbers? Like the people on Jersey Shore but from mainland Europe? Is that term more offensive than I think it is? I thought it was sort of like the European bro. Am I misusing? Sorry, not european myself.

Eta @JoAnne65 I didn't mean it like, 'its just some European trash' - its a slang term for a sub-culture. I actually love the European style of architecture! I have only heard that word used as a descriptor of a certain lifestyle that involves very single, techno dance party, stay out all night sort of stuff. Realizing now maybe it's not a very common term elsewhere in the world, or has other connotations! :#

In England 'euro trash' is an insult, and I assume goes for the rest of Europe.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I wish I could give an answer to this question. As I said yesterday, the most accurate to me would be "Party Hostel or College year abroad in Central Europe for Americans,Australians, and British YA." But without a hostel to run nor a college to go to.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited August 2015
    Eurotrash.

Oh, sorry hahaha, I didn't know that. I took it literally I'm afraid. Thanks for explaining. I do know the expression Dutch treat btw, I guess that's comparable and I won't take that as a general insult either ^.^
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    xBob18 wrote: »
    I don't get it. It is like a Nightlife EP without the city or something? They couldn't get any more vague with the name "Get Together". The only thing I've heard is that it has clubs... and maybe a DJ booth or something.
    Yes, clubs, dj booth and something aka dancing.

It'll be a requirement for upcoming Sims 4: Katy Perry stuffpack.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    xBob18 wrote: »
    Yes, clubs, dj booth and something aka dancing.

It'll be a requirement for upcoming Sims 4: Katy Perry stuffpack.

The picture in your signature actually sums up all what Get Together is about.
    Some silly dancing stuff
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,409 Member
    I thought it's popular these day to go in the middle of nowhere and rave there? Not that I'm interested, but guessing that's where they got the idea.

But to me it seems like the social clubs will be a big part of this EP.