Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Was this supposed to be a University EP?

Watching the trailer I see banners, school-ish outfits, closet make outs, Foosball, cafes, big bonfires etc.

And the social groups seem like they were going to be fraternities and sororities.

It's so weird .... it's like they started working on a university EP and then quit half way through due to a shortage of resources.

Anyone else getting a university type vibe from this?

Comments

• Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    It looked like a bunch of YAs for sure... And omg if I hear lack of resources one more time...
  • Options
    TriX0099TriX0099 Posts: 850 Member
    Yes, and I am disappointed. I am one of those who has always enjoyed the University packs, and to me it seems rather obvious, that I won't be getting that for TS4. They have used all that could have been reused for Universities, and there is no way that we will get a University EP with all brand new content.
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited August 2015
    It seems like they grabbed a few fan favorites from University (bonfires, cafes), Late Night (clubs), and Showtime (DJ booths, fire batons) and then they just kind of Frankensteined it into something. It doesn't seem, I don't know... cohesive. Like they just tried to find some items to sell a pack.

But, anyway, yeah, I spotted a bit of Uni in there with other things. And yet, it feels like none of the themes are really fleshed out.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    SweetieTreatsSweetieTreats Posts: 2,668 Member
    I would compare it more to FreeTime.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I would compare it more to FreeTime.

I honestly think it should be compared with University but without the University part and a bit of Nightlife because of the dance clubs.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    The thought crossed my mind to be sure. It really did feel like it was a uni ep without the uni lol.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    JoyceM8JoyceM8 Posts: 75 Member
    It's University Life without the schools? :p
    I get a mixed feeling of University Life, Hot Date, Vacations, Latenight...

[img]http://www.🐸🐸🐸🐸.com/r/bsi.gif[/img]
    [ Origin: JoyceM8 ]
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I really don't know what it is.....
  • Options
    sydwilgirl23sydwilgirl23 Posts: 671 Member
    Who knows....
  • Options
    ShuushiiShuushii Posts: 745 Member
    Its honestly one of the most generic titles they've made lol. I don't understand what they were trying to go for?
    codxHiZ.jpg
    Disclaimer: He or Him! Not a girl!
  • Options
    gc6164gc6164 Posts: 516 Member
    I think people are confused because they can't find an expansion in previous versions to compare it to? Still, i'm not convinced there is enough content in this pack to call it an 'expansion pack' Only time will tell.
    rqjiqrf78ux6.gif

• Options
    emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    Tht wasn't closet make out... It was changing room woohoo tbh.... The little hearts are a trademark of woohoo now...
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Options
    I think I got it a while back, it's a pack about freinds and socializing with other sims :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    rochelimitrochelimit Posts: 777 Member
    it's almost feels Euro Trip movie. It would make a perfect university town. I doubt there will be restaurant like in Sims2 but I think they should really add that in this EP, although strongly doubt it.
  • Options
    rochelimit wrote: »
    it's almost feels Euro Trip movie. It would make a perfect university town. I doubt there will be restaurant like in Sims2 but I think they should really add that in this EP, although strongly doubt it.

Restaurants have been confirmed to not be in the pack. Only Cafés.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    It looks like town life
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    S4 a game of YA & Bro's party, party, party!!...did I mention kid's and teen's go into the bars? lol!! the sims have become a bad influence lol!!
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • Options
    MDancer9112MDancer9112 Posts: 1,086 Member
    Watching the trailer I see banners, school-ish outfits, closet make outs, Foosball, cafes, big bonfires etc.

And the social groups seem like they were going to be fraternities and sororities.

It's so weird .... it's like they started working on a university EP and then quit half way through due to a shortage of resources.

Anyone else getting a university type vibe from this?

I agree, I probably would of liked it more if it was a university expansion pack.
    Now it seems more like a drunken gap year EP.

giphy.gif
    Me watching GT at Gamescom.
    I'm back!!^-^
    Paradox forum name: aMazingSimmer