Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is with everyone and "remakes?"

K4le8K4le8 Posts: 217 Member
edited August 2015 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I honestly don't understand it. You guys are here begging the Sims team to remake past EPs based on the same concepts and things like thatm "I want a generations-like EP" and "I want a late night EP"

This is the issue, we aren't getting any innovation whatsoever. Ever iteration of the game is just filled with a bunch of remakes of EPs and nothing new and exciting but a couple of features, then we go and act that those one or two features are amazing, when we should be demanding a EP filled with new ideas.

tumblr_inline_nny3v1Tlqp1r43rfd_500.gif

tumblr_inline_n2x7o6S08i1s1ggck.gif

Comments

• Options
    SimsTiasSimsTias Posts: 1,622 Member
    Well if we want new EP's they could easily put past Ep's in a new Base Game.
    But that isn't the case and that's why we want old EP's and not 🐸🐸🐸🐸 EP's like GTW with 2 themes that both fell flat...
    Save the Sims Franchise!
    Owner of Simstias.blogspot.se
  • Options
    Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    IT'S POPULAR!
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Options
    IT'S POPULAR!

That's the consumers fault, they buy what they consider "popular" then go on to complain that there is nothing new in it. If they protested that they want change, then change will happen.

If you notice when people "protest" about toddlers and things, they aren't protesting, they are rioting.
  • Options
    BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    I agree, somewhat. I like to have certain EP's carried throughout the series but I enjoy the packs that are completely new and have never been done before. I would rather they got the remade stuff out first so that the game is fleshed out with the "basics" and then we get into the new stuff. Just remember that the most popular expansions are generally Pets, Seasons, Nightlife...so these packs will probably always be re-added to the new generations of games. You can't really blame them, they are a business and need to make money to survive. Why not take advantage of something you know will sell well? I enjoy seeing the newest interpretation of these kinds of expansions though. I am just easy to please. >_<;
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Hmm.

Haven't played the previous Sims-games but I have looked at them and seen some let's plays. Guessing that if you felt that your Sims 3 game was just that much better when you got supernationals then you really would like to see them again. Someone else really want their winter back, they are tried of the endless sun. Another might be wishing for a furry friend.

Which EP do you think that they should cut? I am very much looking forward to some of the old things to be updated and brought back to Sims 4. However I also think it would be nice with something completely new as well. I can however see how people miss things they had befor and wanting to see them again.
  • Options
    poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    People want Generations cause the game is lacking family play. People want Night Life cause they want apartments. That's pretty much why. They don't want the EXACT content, just the basic features. Like if they did another world adventures style ep I'd be interested IF they didn't do the crap tomb exploring. It wasn't fun with sim game mechanics. I think most people can look at past expansion packs and think "oh man that was a great pack" but they really want certain aspects rather than the whole pack. TS3 packs (just as an example since TS2 packs were so different) had a lot of aspects but some I could do with out. I'm all about apartments but I don't need a whole city of nightclubs, though I wouldn't mind it. I'm all about toddlers but I don't need cranky elders equipped with canes though it'd be interesting to give them that distinguishing feature. I'm all about mermaids and houseboats but I don't really have a want to run a resort. I love the supernatural characters, especially vampires and witches but I LOATHE zombies (in TS3). I can go on and on as I'm sure many others can. TS3 clearly did some things differently though and TS4 already has with Get To Work so I wouldn't expect too many copied expansions here.
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • Options
    Hmm.

Haven't played the previous Sims-games but I have looked at them and seen some let's plays. Guessing that if you felt that your Sims 3 game was just that much better when you got supernationals then you really would like to see them again. Someone else really want their winter back, they are tried of the endless sun. Another might be wishing for a furry friend.

Which EP do you think that they should cut? I am very much looking forward to some of the old things to be updated and brought back to Sims 4. However I also think it would be nice with something completely new as well. I can however see how people miss things they had befor and wanting to see them again.

Not saying that they should be cut, that isn't the point. The point is that they don't need to rehash the same EP over and over again. You can add supernatural without dedicating a whole EP to them, Sims 2 is a perfect example. Seasons itself is to small to have a EP on its own, but yet it does and its the best selling.
  • Options
    GreyWindGreyWind Posts: 489 Member
    For a second I thought that was Asuka because of the gif haha. Remembering this month last year when these forums were total chaos.

On topic- I think the lack of things in the Sims 4 is what drives people to ask for remakes. It is totally understandable, after spending few years with the sims 3 you'd expect ts4 to have a little more.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited August 2015
    I agree OP. And not just EP's, people want to see families back, worlds, features. Certain features I do like to see again (like weather and supernaturals), but as for gameplay and worlds and sims I just like brand new things.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    K4le8 wrote: »
    I honestly don't understand it.
    There you have your answer already.

This space is for rent.