Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I finally gave up trying to make Sims 2 work on my Windows 8

s_stutlers_stutler Posts: 380 Member
edited July 2015 in The Sims (2000)
And chatted with EA. After explaining how I had been trying for months to get my 4 disc series to unsuccessfully work on my Windows 8 PC. The rep asked for the serial numbers. Upon receiving them she was able to issue me the Ultimate Sims 2 Collection for free!! I couldn't be happier right now! It doesn't crash and it runs fantastic on my new PC! I am in the process of transferring all 6GB of custom content now!! w/ only a 1GB flashdrive and one powercord ..could take a while... BUT I wrote this post because I know there are others who are still trying to get their 4 disc series to work on their new PC- they are trying compatibility, grumpy loader, bringing over files from an old computer (and failing) I feel your pain. I tried it all too. I searched Youtube and tried it all. Nothing works. Give it up and talk to EA. Don't call them. Just chat with them online. My rep was very understanding and I am so happy I finally gave in and contacted them!!
Post edited by s_stutler on

Comments

• Options
    Hthr0120Hthr0120 Posts: 292 Member
    I finally had to break down and do this with my windows 7. I didn't want to, because I prefer discs. The only down side I've noticed is that not all of my CC worked with the Complete Collection from EA/Origin. The main problem seems to be with the houses/lots that I created with the discs not working with Origins Complete Collection. I hope this makes sense. If anyone knows why or how to fix this I'd love to know. I have a lot of houses/lots that I've created over the years that I miss and can't seem to recreate.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    And people think I'm just making this up. :p Glad you got it working!
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    CoffeeBeanPopcornCoffeeBeanPopcorn Posts: 1,587 Member
    edited August 2015
    I somehow managed to play TS2UC on my Windows 10 for the first time. It works, albeit the full screen resolution is in 4:3, but I could deal with it.

Speaking of resolution, does anybody know how to change the resolution of the game? The only option in my game is 800x600 but my main resolution is 1920x1080.
    I'm back!
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I somehow managed to play TS2UC on my Windows 10 for the first time. It works, albeit the full screen resolution is in 4:3, but I could deal with it.

Speaking of resolution, does anybody know how to change the resolution of the game? The only option in my game is 800x600 but my main resolution is 1920x1080.
    http://simsvip.com/2014/07/20/the-sims-2-ultimate-collection-increase-resolution-guide/
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Hthr0120 wrote: »
    I finally had to break down and do this with my windows 7. I didn't want to, because I prefer discs. The only down side I've noticed is that not all of my CC worked with the Complete Collection from EA/Origin. The main problem seems to be with the houses/lots that I created with the discs not working with Origins Complete Collection. I hope this makes sense. If anyone knows why or how to fix this I'd love to know. I have a lot of houses/lots that I've created over the years that I miss and can't seem to recreate.

I too have this problem! As well as the families not transferring over. I saved and replaced the folders, but it didn't make a difference, they are gone. Same with the houses. Gone. I have no suggestions, although I am SO very happy I have the game working again!

• Options
    edited August 2015
    s_stutler wrote: »

I too have this problem! As well as the families not transferring over. I saved and replaced the folders, but it didn't make a difference, they are gone. Same with the houses. Gone. I have no suggestions, although I am SO very happy I have the game working again!

It's a big sacrifice to lose all the hard work put into building my houses, but it's worth it to play again.
  • Options
    s_stutler wrote: »

It's a big sacrifice to lose all the hard work put into building my houses, but it's worth it to play again.

That's also how I am looking at it. Its been years since I could play and I have been trying to play for months now- so being able to play at all, even with the loss of my families and houses; I learned to accept. BUT if anyone knows how to integrate them, I would much appreciate their expertise.
  • Options
    @s_stutler You and me both. :'(