Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Can I Make An Unowed Retail Functional?

Hello guys, I hope you are all doing well!

I need a bakery for a scene in my story and I downloaded a beatiful one from the Gallery and I placed it in the empty lot in Magnolia Promenade. The only problem is that I don't see it functioning.

What do I need to do to make it so without my Sims owning it? I really need it for a scene!

Thank you in advance!

5k381e.png

My TumblrMy Twitter

Comments

• Options
    GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    I dunno, what I usually do is make a family and give them free real estate cheat and make them purchase the retails I want to visit. You can take them out of their homes later and put them not in world :) Presto, the retails will work them.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,616 Member
    GaiaPuma wrote: »
    I dunno, what I usually do is make a family and give them free real estate cheat and make them purchase the retails I want to visit. You can take them out of their homes later and put them not in world :) Presto, the retails will work them.

What she said.

Or another way of doing it is to do the same, get a family that can earn the bakery. You can use a pre-made family as well for a while, like the Landgraab's (they're rich LOL). Get them to buy the bakery and then you go to build mode when on the retail lot, and you save that new 'purchased' lot to your My Library.
    Then, tell the sim to sell the lot.
    It will bring you to the World Map and then you just plop the new purchased bakery on that same one, or wherever else you want to put it.

The only difference in this method is that it will work similar to the pre-made Magnolia Promenade lots where when you hover over the shop, you won't see the family that owns it, cuz no one does. It's just an NPC retail.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    MorriSanMorriSan Posts: 412 Member
    @DeKay @GaiaPuma You certainly helped me, because that was a problem I have too. Thank you so much!
  • Options
    You're welcome. :)
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    DavidMCSessyDavidMCSessy Posts: 1,148 Member
    Thank you so much guys! I now have a functional bakery! :)

Good luck!
    5k381e.png

My TumblrMy Twitter
  • Options
    Thank you so much guys! I now have a functional bakery! :)

Good luck!

That's good to hear!
    x3vZicL.gif