Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I miss the sims 2 days..

..when you could just make cc using paint XD This whole s4s thing is making me feel crazy. I dont have a single art program that can open .dds files.

Anyway, while I try and figure out what I'm doing, how is everyone? What's your newest sim/build look like? (im extremely bored feel free to post pictures of anything simmy)

Comments

• Options
    TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    Gimp 2.

I've been using it since...well at least since the early Sims 3 days. Its easy and free, just make sure to get the DDS plugin. Works like a charm.

I prefer it over most other paint/programs in a general sense and theirs lots of community support for it - including Sims modders.
  • Options
    PixelsSquaredPixelsSquared Posts: 3,265 Member
    Hi! If you need help figuring stuff out, I can help you! It's actually easy finding the right programs to make CC for TS4. Here's what you need:

GIMP - http://www.gimp.org/
    GIMP DDS - https://code.google.com/p/gimp-dds/

The installation process should be easy. :)

Best part is they're both free. I hope this helps. If you need anymore help, you can PM me. :)
    ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
    Time Won't Keep Us Apart - A story.
    MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared
  • Options
    TheBlaireWitchTheBlaireWitch Posts: 762 Member
    edited July 2015
    TOLKIEN wrote: »
    Gimp 2.

I've been using it since...well at least since the early Sims 3 days. Its easy and free, just make sure to get the DDS plugin. Works like a charm.

I prefer it over most other paint/programs in a general sense and theirs lots of community support for it - including Sims modders.
    Hi! If you need help figuring stuff out, I can help you! It's actually easy finding the right programs to make CC for TS4. Here's what you need:

GIMP - http://www.gimp.org/
    GIMP DDS - https://code.google.com/p/gimp-dds/

The installation process should be easy. :)

Best part is they're both free. I hope this helps. If you need anymore help, you can PM me. :)

I already have gimp XD(and about 8 billion other drawing programs). I've been trying to install the plumming pluggin for a half hour and I'm about to leave. I had wanted to use krita but apparently it doesnt have a .dds plugin
  • Options
    I already have gimp XD(and about 8 billion other drawing programs). I've been trying to install the plumming pluggin for a half hour and I'm about to leave. I had wanted to use krita but apparently it doesnt have a .dds plugin

Make sure you are installing the correct version of the plugin for the correct version of the Gimp2. There is a 64bit ver and 32bit.
  • Options
    Yeah, I read that like. Right before I had to leave. I've only found the the 32 I think.
  • Options
    Yeah, I read that like. Right before I had to leave. I've only found the the 32 I think.

Its really important, i couldnt figure out why it wasnt working either but then I did a google search for the plugin and found its webpage which has both versions. its an easy fix but annoying if u cant figure it out.

just make sure to export when u need to save.
  • Options
    I think I downloaded it before when I was using my sisters laptop because I tried to make a recolor of a hair (it was awful) XD
    TOLKIEN wrote: »

Its really important, i couldnt figure out why it wasnt working either but then I did a google search for the plugin and found its webpage which has both versions. its an easy fix but annoying if u cant figure it out.

just make sure to export when u need to save.

• Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,655 Member
    Whenever I downloaded Gimp it installed the correct one (64-bit) for me.
  • Options
    Astro wrote: »
    Whenever I downloaded Gimp it installed the correct one (64-bit) for me.

I can't remember which program that I have that let you pick which files you wanted to open with it.
  • Options
    sparkler_rosesparkler_rose Posts: 466 Member
    A lot of the CC stuff back in those days sucked, and it was a roll of the dice whether or not it would break your game/mess up your computer. I won't even try CC right now. I know its gotten better, but still.
  • Options
    A lot of the CC stuff back in those days sucked, and it was a roll of the dice whether or not it would break your game/mess up your computer. I won't even try CC right now. I know its gotten better, but still.

I never had my game break in the ts2 days and I have like 10,000 files... Or something.... Maybe 20