Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims have a life when you don't play with them - is it possible?

Hi guys,

I was thinking and found that one of the things that bothers me about Sims 4 is that unless you control your sims, nothing ever happens to them, they don't do anything big ever.
So I wanna ask, would it be possible to create some kind of cheat or mod that would let you turn on/off for your sims to do big things while you're playing with other families?
Or if we're trying to go further, maybe we could set for each of our sims (maybe as a personality trait) whether if they are faithful (they will not flirt around with others) or unfaithful, or maybe being friendly or antisocial could influence how many friends they would make when 'left alone'?

Comments

• Options
    PeachyKeen88PeachyKeen88 Posts: 652 Member
    What you're describing is called story progression. There was story progression in TS3, but it never worked correctly for a lot of people (myself included).

There is limited story progression in TS4, where sims are assigned jobs and sometimes relationships while you are playing other households.

There is a mod (MC Command Center) which allows for deeper story progression, where sims will get married and have children without your interference.
  • Options
    ScripticJusticeScripticJustice Posts: 405 Member
    @marcellala linked the mod in another thread similar to this
    marcellala wrote: »
    http://modthesims.info/d/551680
    Here you go ^^ The module that enables townies to get pregnant and marry is MC pregnancy. The mod can do a lot more than that, it has different modules.
    tumblr_m4jumxorJY1qktlzuo1_500.gif
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I have some sims who seem to be gaining skills and making friends when i dony play with them.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    lisken0221lisken0221 Posts: 116 Member
    I created a single SIM and placed her in a house and forgot about her for a while,
    when I played her she had turned into an alien w/10 wellness
  • Options
    AlmaMMAlmaMM Posts: 200 Member
    wow, cool, thanks guys!

also, @lisken0221 you're either trolling me lol or how does a sim turn into an alien?!