Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you like natural disasters?

Comments

• Options
    Twilight32Twilight32 Posts: 165 Member
    I hope if they make that, they make options to disable disasters, and set the rarity of the disaster into low, med, and high
    tumblr_mwa83vkbtE1rs4459o1_400.gif
  • Options
    CipherMandyCipherMandy Posts: 524 Member
    edited July 2015
    Yes and I live in a state where "natural disasters" are rather common. Hurricanes, Tropical Storms, thunderstorms, and so on are pretty regular. Although, NC has been lucky this year to not have to deal with this...yet.

However, since Seasons/Weather is my absolute favorite EP ever, I want it to be as close to perfect as possible. If it means we don't get it until next year, I'm okay with this.

Additionally, I really enjoy the natural disasters in the other game I play. Which is Harvest Moon, you couldn't go outside (Hurricane or Blizzard) and afterward you had to clean up debris and make sure everything was okay. Still, one of my favorite parts of the game.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Not really..

How do people imagine the disasters? I don't want my homes getting destroyed by some disaster. It would ruin my gameplay if you ask me.
    Weather is nice, but disasters? Nah, not really.

• Options
    D!VAD!VA Posts: 64 Member
    If we can turn the disasters off then yeah sure I wouldn't mind having them, but if not then no thank you. x
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,551 Member
    answer no i do not went natural disater in my sims4 game sure i went weather but no natural disaters
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    sophtasticsophtastic Posts: 610 Member
    Nah, the houses cost enough to build to begin with or upgrade to more expensive itmes little by little. I don't need a tornado or hurricane destroying the whole place at once lol

Insurance company could pay you in compensation and offer you a temp home while they fix your last one :blush:
    toddddddllleeeeerrrrrrrssss
    tumblr_n0qwctD0MN1sb146lo1_400.gif
  • Options
    snowdustmelodysnowdustmelody Posts: 385 Member
    edited July 2015
    Yes, as long as we can turn them off too.
    tumblr_mfgza8NCk51qfwt9io1_500.gif

• Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Ohh, if I could turn it off at times it could be really fun addition. Sometimes I want a little bit more control over events but if I can tell the game when to turn tornado-season on or off it would be great. Would love to have it, things are a little bit too sunny and perfect as it is :smile:
  • Options
    monkeypants1monkeypants1 Posts: 320 Member
    I would love natural disasters. It seems like a natural extension of a weather/seasons type expansion, really. It would add a lot of spice to the game.

I'm still sad that I never had a meteor hit one of my Sims 3 neighborhoods. XD
  • Options
    ErinErin Posts: 641 Member
    I think they'd make it more realistic, but I'd only want them if they were well thought out and a fully formed feature.
    To have them occur randomly and rarely, maybe have a way to set a percentage of the chance of a certain disaster happening? And during a certain season the chances go up? Definitely include some kind of insurance system that would help with the after effects.
    If they took their time on this, I think it would be good. It'd definitely be something new!
    670?cb=20130818204250
    "Because now it's the fans out there that are entertaining us, the developers, with their creations!" - Will Wright
  • Options
    yunagarnetyunagarnet Posts: 417 Member
    The console version of TS3 had natural disasters called 'bad karma'. It was pretty neat. There was earthquakes, meteor showers, and I think a few other things so I think it would be cool to see in a pc sims game.
    “Honestly, we didn’t meet player expectations at launch, and that was a difficult pill to swallow,” - The Sims 4 executive producer, Rachel Franklin.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I'd love to see the power go out with a really bad storm and not come back on til it passes. (even if it's a day or 2 or 3)

Snow days were too frequent in S3. Where I am from, you dig out and head to work. So maybe having to dig out makes them late for work?

What about heat waves where you need an AC to feel comfortable at all? Or a swim in the pool relieves the heat?

• Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Yes! I'd love to have 'Shakdnado's'! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Astro wrote: »
    Yes! I'd love to have 'Shakdnado's'! :mrgreen:
    Yeah Sharknados would be cool.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    What are sharknados?
  • Options
    fullspiral wrote: »
    What are sharknados?
    Oh you haven't seen that movie? Great B-rated movie, I'd recommend it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwsqFR5bh6Q

Basically it is a made up storm system, but it would be funny to see in the Sims.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Scobre wrote: »
    What are sharknados?
    Oh you haven't seen that movie? Great B-rated movie, I'd recommend it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwsqFR5bh6Q

Basically it is a made up storm system, but it would be funny to see in the Sims.

No, haven't seen it. I don't know if I want sharks flying around. I think I would feel sad for them if I saw them flopping around on land. Poor things.
  • Options

No, haven't seen it. I don't know if I want sharks flying around. I think I would feel sad for them if I saw them flopping around on land. Poor things.
    Yeah true. Sad thing how it started is sharks got fed up being turned into shark fin soup, so they started swimming in tornados. But yeah see it if you get the chance. It's a funny movie.
  • Options
    SmokeyBearzSmokeyBearz Posts: 1,138 Member
    The question could be rephrased as : "Would you like to randomly see all your sim's possessions get destroyed, or having half of your savings taken from you for no good reason?". No thanks! I don't see the fun in that, and just like burglars who could very rarely be stopped, I'm happy it's not in my game. I just don't see how they could make it fun. I imagine our screen would shake, we'd see a pop-up, and we'd be taken back 3 sims weeks financially. TS3 is not an action game, some challenges just don't fit.
  • Options
    HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    i love 🐸🐸🐸🐸 moments in the sims. there was a hilarious time in the sims 3 when a meteor hit my front yard... my sim was just goofing off in the front yard picking apples or something and i kept getting weird messages about the sky darkening... then BLAM!!! there was a big gaping hole in my yard, a giant meteor in my garden, and my sim was running around screaming while everything was on fire.

i was gobsmacked. i had no idea this could happen in the game. it only happened one time in during all the many years that i played and still play ts3... so it must be kind of rare.
  • Options
    stephAnie1864stephAnie1864 Posts: 200 Member
    I think it would be interesting to have only if we have the option to disable it if we choose to. Like aging up, you can stop it if you want.
  • Options
    EverGreenLifeEverGreenLife Posts: 2,670 Member
    YES!!! finally someone thinking like me! u should do a petition or something...
    FrAEi8Q.png
    ✣*.:。✿*゚✣*.:。✿*゚i love starry skies✣*.:。✿*゚✣*.:。✿*゚
    origin ID - egl_original
  • Options
    JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    You know for once something unpredictable in the Sims would be nice for a change.
  • Options
    SimmerForLife101SimmerForLife101 Posts: 61 Member
    Nah, the houses cost enough to build to begin with or upgrade to more expensive itmes little by little. I don't need a tornado or hurricane destroying the whole place at once lol

Maybe we can have an option to disable them.
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Someone mentioned in this thread that a SimGuru apparently confirmed they will never add natural disasters to The Sims games. But there was a survey in March 2014 for The Sims 4 that mentioned a Weather & Disasters themed expansion pack. I thought it would be an interesting concept for an expansion pack.