Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Additions I would LOVE to see for pools!

I would love the following things for pools, either im stuff packs, updates or gamepacks. Any or ALL of these would be lovely.
-Pool stairs (for inside the pool, not just a ladder)
-Waterfall (like in ts3 island paradise)
-Diving boards (all sizes and heights)
-Hot tubs (that cam be adding into a section of the pool, like some fancy pools have now a days)
-buyable pool heater (so sims can get an emption or moodlet like 'warm amd cozy' or something when they swim with a heater on)
-pool bars (like in ts3 island paradise)

I am sure there are things I am forgetting, do you lovely people have any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    ZazazaSimmerZazazaSimmer Posts: 85 Member
    Curved pools and waterslides would be nice :)
  • Options
    ThenyoukissmeThenyoukissme Posts: 304 Member
    I'd really enjoy some pool games such as volly ball or you know when you throw things in and have to dive in and find them. Those would be fun. Maybe some pool toys as well for kids to have a goof with.
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    -Pool lounger (like in TS3 Seasons)
    -Volleyball net for pools
    -Wave machine for pools
    -Pool slides (like in TS3 Seasons)
    -Water slides (the water park style ones)
    -Shallow pools (great for kids, but can also be used by adults), lounge chairs (when we get them) can be placed in shallow pools, they can be built in the same floor as a normal pool and can also be built connected to a normal pool like in the picture below.
    family-pool-in-hurstville.jpg
    -Pool bridges (like in the pictures below)
    Pool-Bridge-Waterbridge.jpg
    stock-footage-resort-pool-with-bridge.jpg
    pool-bridge1-lg.jpg
  • Options
    craftaholiccraftaholic Posts: 447 Member
    lanes for doing laps and having races.
    Stop me if you've heard this one: a sim walks into a bar....player moves bar out of the way.....sim walks on without walking into anything else.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I just want a water volleyball net
    Give me a reason to build a pool.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    uzumouzumo Posts: 1,836 Member
    edited April 2016
    Pools in The Sims 4 are the same depth, very deep. Pool stairs would be a great substitute for a ladder, but there would have to be a pre-built pool with a shallow end. Pre-built pools with a shallow end are the only way for stairs in the pool. There should be stairs that you can place in the shallow end of the pool.

:) I really would like bed floaties. I can visualize a sim laying on one of those floaties, floating about on the pool. Also, someone else in the pool can topple the floaty that the sim is laying on and make the sim fall into the pool. That can be a mischievous interaction. Hot-headed sims would not like that. A sim can react positively or negatively to this.
    new pool moodlets

Also, I would like to see a mischief interaction of a sim shoving another sim into the pool. It will be successful or unsuccessful. For example, a sim tries to shove a sim into the pool, and that sim dodges out of the way and the sim falls into the pool, instead, whether the sim is wearing regular clothes or swimwear. failed prank moodlet / The sim who escaped being pranked on gets a happy moodlet called Karma Bites.
    Post edited by uzumo on
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Pool Slides with mini waterfalls like in TS3

Pool Waterfalls

Pool Volleyball

Pool Bars

Pool Floats

Pool Games especially underwater games.
  • Options
    Okto84Okto84 Posts: 198 Member
    I'd like any or all of these things! I'm glad we have pools now, and I do like that windows can be put in their sides, and how basements are double level so we can have a pool in the basement - which is a good way to include a pool in some houses. These things work well, but I do really want more items to put in and around the pools to use them in more ways. Pool tend to be big things that take up lots of space and money, so more ways to use them would be great.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    an above-ground pool..
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Premade Pool Blueprints. We need them back.
  • Options
    Artemis_DreamerArtemis_Dreamer Posts: 200 Member
    I very much agree with the suggestions made by @catloverplayer - particularly about pool volleyball and other pool games!

Also, @craftaholic has a great idea about swim races.

I'm not sure if it's going too far, but I'd personally love to see a swimming "skill" - higher levels could unlock different strokes (back stroke, butterfly stroke). A lot type specifically for Community Pools would also be wonderful.

I know it's a bit far fetched, but swimming is a wonderful feature, and I'd love to see it developed further.
  • Options
    Lovely_KristyLovely_Kristy Posts: 643 Member
    A warm and cozy moodlet would be ADORABLE! I also love all your other ideas, as well as @Artemis_Dreamer s ideas of the swimming skill. That would be great! Maybe participate in swimming competitions etc (like host a swimming party) that would be so cool!
    giphy.gif