Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does it depend on your TV for you to get all channels?

:) I made a family the other day. Lets just say he wasn't rich, so i bought the cheapest TV. But it only had a few channels, the cooking one isn't there, so was it the TV? And do you learn recipies from the cooking channel? And also lol, what is ambrosia? I know it is a form of recipe but what effect does it have!!?? :P

Happy Simming :lol:

Comments

• Options
    MeredithMeredith Posts: 18,855 Member
    edited August 2009
    :) I made a family the other day. Lets just say he wasn't rich, so i bought the cheapest TV. But it only had a few channels, the cooking one isn't there, so was it the TV? And do you learn recipies from the cooking channel? And also lol, what is ambrosia? I know it is a form of recipe but what effect does it have!!?? :P

Happy Simming :lol:
    TO MANY QUESTIONS!! The tv thing yes any tv can get more channels through upgrades. Ambrosia extends your life. I dont know about the recipe thing
    175SpAtt.gif
  • Options
    aarinaarin Posts: 7,260 New Member
    edited August 2009
    All tvs have the general channels that don't do anything (romance, horror, etc etc). However, skill-based channels are indeed dependent on the TV. Check the description of the TV to see what skill channels it includes.
  • Options
    Agent_ZeroAgent_Zero Posts: 4,564 Member
    edited August 2009
    1.Pricier tvs give more channels
    2.Watching the cooking channel allows a Sim to learn new recipes
    3.Ambrosia ages a Sim down to the start of their age group.
  • Options
    LionessInMNLionessInMN Posts: 478 Member
    edited August 2009
    You can also upgrade the cheapest TV with the handiness skill to get more channels if you don't have the money to buy the expensive TV.
  • Options
    LaurenSynclairLaurenSynclair Posts: 103 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Thankyou :)

Sorry for all the Questions :?