Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Normal sims had alien baby

putacece4lyfeputacece4lyfe Posts: 1,734 Member
So on my game I had 2 non alien sims "try for baby" and when the baby was conceived by the sim female I got a full alien baby!
disney-princess-challenge.png

Disney Princess Legacy Challenge Updated: 12/20 | Monthly Short Story Blog: Simming Through the Story Hour Haitus | It's an Olivia Love World Haitus

Comments

• Options
    SylvSylv Posts: 885 Member
    Hmm... was she abducted by aliens anytime before she had the baby?
    tumblr_naeqm3rHmH1tca3q3o1_400.gif
    Origin ID: SylvRo
    Sims 4 Current Household: Generation 11

• Options
    Hmm... was she abducted by aliens anytime before she had the baby?

Nope not at all no one ever tried reaching to them or had any interest with the science career. But I aged up the baby and the baby's a hybrid. It's a weird glitch in the game I guess.

Disney Princess Legacy Challenge Updated: 12/20 | Monthly Short Story Blog: Simming Through the Story Hour Haitus | It's an Olivia Love World Haitus
  • Options
    MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    I got an alien baby when one of her parents had blue skin. When it grew up it looked like a hybrid. I think the unusual skin color confuses the game.
  • Options
    @MocaJava Is that why? Because one of the parents had blue skin as well. That makes sense. Thanks for your input.

• Options
    KPSimmerKPSimmer Posts: 188 Member
    Or....she has some explaining to do!
  • Options
    KPSimmer wrote: »
    Or....she has some explaining to do!

@KPSimmer would be funny. but naw. I havent seen any aliens on my game as of yet.

• Options
    meubanksmeubanks Posts: 445 Member
    If the Sim is a hybrid you will be able to tell, because there will be a few alien socials available. They don't get powers but they do get some socials. They are marked quite obviously with a blue head icon in the context menu. The blue skin tone from CAS is probably dominant so my guess is that a blue parent will be highly likely to have blue children, even if they are not aliens or hybrids.

I've played around with CAS genetics and it is a bit wonky. Most of the time creating a child between a human and alien creates a hybrid, but sometimes it creates what appears to be a full alien. I was only experimenting so I didn't take them into the game though. The game may still consider them to be hybrids. I haven't had time to test it out.

You also didn't mention if they are both controlled Sims, so I'm only assuming that they are. If one is an NPC it is possible that they are an undetected alien. It would be unusual not to find out, but there is an achievement for it, so it must at least be possible. lol

You don't have to try to get abducted. There are also random abductions, but to the best of my knowledge only male Sims get abduction pregnancies. It's not quite as obvious as it was in TS3, so if you're playing a multi Sim household an abduction could theoretically happen without you noticing. Abduction pregnancies result in full aliens rather than hybrids though.

This is a very glitchy game, so one more anomaly won't really surprise me.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    meubanks wrote: »
    If the Sim is a hybrid you will be able to tell, because there will be a few alien socials available. They don't get powers but they do get some socials. They are marked quite obviously with a blue head icon in the context menu. The blue skin tone from CAS is probably dominant so my guess is that a blue parent will be highly likely to have blue children, even if they are not aliens or hybrids.

I've played around with CAS genetics and it is a bit wonky. Most of the time creating a child between a human and alien creates a hybrid, but sometimes it creates what appears to be a full alien. I was only experimenting so I didn't take them into the game though. The game may still consider them to be hybrids. I haven't had time to test it out.

You also didn't mention if they are both controlled Sims, so I'm only assuming that they are. If one is an NPC it is possible that they are an undetected alien. It would be unusual not to find out, but there is an achievement for it, so it must at least be possible. lol

You don't have to try to get abducted. There are also random abductions, but to the best of my knowledge only male Sims get abduction pregnancies. It's not quite as obvious as it was in TS3, so if you're playing a multi Sim household an abduction could theoretically happen without you noticing. Abduction pregnancies result in full aliens rather than hybrids though.

This is a very glitchy game, so one more anomaly won't really surprise me.

@meubanks we already came to the conclusion that if one of the parents are a blue skin tone then the glitch in the game will make their child a hybrid. My male sim was blue and his partner was native american (lighter black skin tone) and they had a hybrid. I'm aware only men get pregnant by aliens but in this case my female was pregnant and had what I thought to be an alien baby based on the clothing but when the baby aged up it was a hybrid. This is all a glitch in the game because the father's skin tone is blue. Thank you for trying to help! It's much appreciated. :)

• Options
    sparkler_rosesparkler_rose Posts: 466 Member
    I have a little girl that is full human, but has the alien social features in her social menu. They don't work, but they are there. Oddly I didn't start getting these kinds of bugs until I started reading about them. Oh well keeps things interesting I suppose
  • Options
    I have a little girl that is full human, but has the alien social features in her social menu. They don't work, but they are there. Oddly I didn't start getting these kinds of bugs until I started reading about them. Oh well keeps things interesting I suppose

@sparkler_rose Yeah it does. But when you are doing a legacy and you have a specific story line in mind planned already things like that and a half alien by 2 non aliens can mess the story line up. luckily there is the CAS cheat but still. I got really mad when it happened. I'm cool now. They need to fix these bugs though.

• Options
    @putacece4lyfe agreed. Actually I find it kinda funny that people are so wrapped up in which Ep's and stuff are next, when the game itself has so many bugs. But to each his/her own I suppose
  • Options
    @sparkler_rose you have never lied. hopefully, they'll get fixed soon. thanks for your input! :)

• Options
    edited July 2015
    @putacece4lyfe Here's hoping. I do enjoy the game as is, not too many bugs. So hopefully it stays small issues.
    Correction--I would like toddlers to be put back, but other than that, I am ok with the game
  • Options
    @putacece4lyfe Here's hoping. I do enjoy the game as is, not too many bugs. So hopefully it stays small issues.
    Correction--I would like toddlers to be put back, but other than that, I am ok with the game

@sparkler_rose I would love to be able the wife to travel to the park with the kids and the father staying home and cooking something (aka controlling all sims at different places.) but aye a girl can dream.