Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Teleportation is not new!!

I like this game pack a lot!!!

But I just think totally useless practice yoga or meditation to unlock the "power of TELEPORTATION" because the Sims already go from a Venue to another by teleportation, right?! So teleportation is not new in Sims 4!!

Comments

• Options
    XSimMimXXSimMimX Posts: 613 Member
    The real functionality of teleportation is moving to other areas in the lot without walking. Say you are inside your house and would like to teleport to the community garden. You can use this ability to do so.
    You're entitled to your own opinion, though, it's up to you whether you use yoga and meditation.
  • Options
    yukirisuyukirisu Posts: 4 New Member
    My lot is 50x50, and has a lot of rooms scattered around. Teleporting means that I can cut down on walking time from say, my bathroom and my study room on opposite ends of the lot.
  • Options
    Woahbro1Woahbro1 Posts: 134 Member
    I enjoy the teleportation ability, it's spiffy. If they ever take on the idea of open neighborhoods then this would be pretty useful.
    5nj1c1.png
    Origin ID: woahbro1
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I already use the testing cheats teleportation anyway. It's faster than waitng for my sim to decide to start moving.
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Does teleportation have a new animation? If so, I'd consider it a nice option instead of the 'testing cheats' teleportation. :)
  • Options
    AspenSimsAspenSims Posts: 603 Member
    > @Woahbro1 said:
    > I enjoy the teleportation ability, it's spiffy. If they ever take on the idea of open neighborhoods then this would be pretty useful.

I wish... I highly doubt this would happen though :/ how would it even be incorporated into the already existing gameplay?
  • Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    In TS3, meditation during martial arts practice gave you this same teleportation option. Useful in some circumstances, if you don't want to use testing cheats. But it was more helpful in an open world. I always use the cheat myself, because I am lazy..... LOL

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Options
    @NihanEfeoglu Well, I can see how an open world is nearly impossible, but an open neighborhood is more likely if anything because buildings are in the same area. If they could do this teleportation would be a lot more useful.
    5nj1c1.png
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    So do you have to meditate for a certain amount of time to reach the state where you can teleport, like in TS3? Or can you just teleport at will after learning how?

If you do have to meditate first, how long does it take to reach the state where you can teleport?
  • Options
    DannyT2009DannyT2009 Posts: 99 Member
    Does your sim automatically teleport long distances or do you have to specify the spot you would like them to teleport to?
  • Options
    @Jessa_Dakkar @DannyT2009 When you reach level 7 of the wellness skill you're able to teleport from both the meditation stool and anywhere. When you teleport, you specify the location in the neighborhood (you choose either go here or teleport here). Your sim then gets into a meditation position, levitates into the air, and reappears (still meditating) in that location. I'm not 100% sure if it works for sims that aren't in the active neighborhood/lot.
    5nj1c1.png
  • Options
    pnbjuniorpnbjunior Posts: 7 New Member
    edited July 2015
    > @XSimMimX said:
    > The real functionality of teleportation is moving to other areas in the lot without walking. Say you are inside your house and would like to teleport to the community garden. You can use this ability to do so.
    > You're entitled to your own opinion, though, it's up to you whether you use yoga and meditation.

I'm not telling that yoga or meditation are boring, etc on the contrary they're pretty cool. I'm telling that TELEPORTATION from a venue to another already exist so it's not new, understand?

> @Woahbro1 said:
    > NihanEfeoglu Well, I can see how an open world is nearly impossible, but an open neighborhood is more likely if anything because buildings are in the same area. If they could do this teleportation would be a lot more useful.

I totally agree with you but an open world is impossible with this "new" engine and I think an open neighborhood is impossible too.

I'm an open world big fan.
  • Options
    @pnbjunior I can see that it's impossible for an open world, not an open neighborhood though. They would need to change the fact that we need to go through a loading screen just to go to our neighbors house or across the street to a friends. This way teleportation would be slightly more useful.
    5nj1c1.png
  • Options
    AspenSimsAspenSims Posts: 603 Member
    Open neighborhood would be awesome and i can sorta see how that would be incorporated but it would slow down the game just like in the sims 3! I like how everything is now because I can still see the neighbor's house and it's not slowing my game
  • Options
    IconicIconic Posts: 427 Member
    pnbjunior wrote: »
    I totally agree with you but an open world is impossible with this "new" engine and I think an open neighborhood is impossible too.

I'm an open world big fan.

That's the same excuse we've been hearing for almost a year now and I'm yet to see anything about this "new" engine that is so impressive, open worlds and more realistic graphics had to be sacrificed.
    Yes, I am the one obsessed with Michael Myers.
    Origin ID: iRetr0
    tumblr_ph50sjUexV1r2aobgo3_540.gif
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    Woahbro1 wrote: »
    @Jessa_Dakkar @DannyT2009 When you reach level 7 of the wellness skill you're able to teleport from both the meditation stool and anywhere. When you teleport, you specify the location in the neighborhood (you choose either go here or teleport here). Your sim then gets into a meditation position, levitates into the air, and reappears (still meditating) in that location. I'm not 100% sure if it works for sims that aren't in the active neighborhood/lot.

Thank you for answering. So it only takes a few sim seconds then to click your sim to meditate, levitate and teleport to a new location? So is it just a little quicker than walking to a place in the neighborhood? Can you click to, for example, leave your home lot in Willow Creek and teleport to a lot in Newcrest? Or must you pick a location in the neighborhood you are in? Because that is what it sounds like you are saying, that if I have a sim in Willow Creek, in a particular neighborhood, I can only teleport to a location within that neighborhood. Which is already pretty small.

What is the benefit of working to get to level 7 and using teleport other than shaving a few seconds time off what it takes to walk from point a to point b?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    edited July 2015
    @Jessa_Dakkar, it's fun and different? You can use it for storytelling? That's more than enough reason for me.

(I know, I know, I don't have the pack yet! I was going to buy it tonight, I decided this morning, but have ended up working late instead :( )
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    pnbjuniorpnbjunior Posts: 7 New Member
    > @writetheeulogy said:
    >
    > That's the same excuse we've been hearing for almost a year now and I'm yet to see anything about this "new" engine that is so impressive, open worlds and more realistic graphics had to be sacrificed.

What happened was that Maxis failed in solve the slown down issues in Sims 3, this is the sad truth.
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    Teleportation is really cute. From what I've seen there is no benefit unless you live on an insanely huge lot.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    perfect for my alien sims.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie