Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Own the Store? I thought I already did? OMG

I was ready to go to bed Sunday afternoon and thought I would take a quick look at the MMAO (I never checked it often because only about three items would pop up, same ones every time I checked). I decided to buy those three regular tops for l think 48% off, thinking something else would pop up next. I was bouncing around tabs between the forums and the store so I clicked on MMAO again after a few minutes and it popped up "We are truly impressed! You own it all, even the Offer Machine’s exclusive content! Please check back later when the Offer Machine may be stocked with new content!"

I own all the worlds, all the venues, all the Compilation Sets, and all the Exclusive items (to name the main ones needed?) and a lot of the single clothes and hair items. I did put a WL up of some items a while back (it was wiped out quick :D I thought I had seen the "Truly Impressed" pop up a while back, and just went about gifting and stuff and never gave it another thought.

I didn't know anything about owning the store when I came on this forum waiting on Sims4 to come out. I own it now o:)

I took a pic with my cell phone, LOL. Tried my best to figure out how to post the pic from the Store. Needless to say, I gave up trying because it drove me absolutely crazy! I check the MMAO everyday now and several times a day but there are no items available, it just keeps saying "Truly Impressed". So.............

Does that mean I never "owned the store" because it did show some stuff?

Does that mean I "truly own the store" now that it doesn't offer anything now?

I am confused and to tell you the truth, I stay confused in RL too, LMAO

Anyway, I want to apologize to you all for saying "I think I own the store" or "I own the store" when I really didn't crybaby.gif

Comments

• Options
    ShannenShannen Posts: 2,811 Member
    The mmao is a funny machine, it did that to me too..it still flips between offering me a gold world (I own the standard and the add on individually) and saying I own the store. So it's easily done and yes you own the store and it shouldn't change again.

Ps: you have nothing to apologise for.

<3
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I remember posting on "My Sims3 Page" at the beginning of this month, about how it didn't show 8 of my worlds when I owned them all. They were there before and not sure when they disappeared (I notice they are showing up now). There has been a lot of maintenance going on that maybe they fixed it and it made it show the "Truly Impressed" again? LOL I am grasping at straws trying to figure out if I really did see it a while back or not!

You're right though, the MMAO machine is a funny thing :p
  • Options
    friday027friday027 Posts: 610 Member
    edited July 2015
    @charlotteprice - Maybe someone else will come along and cofirm this, but I think the MMAO will give you the "We are truly impressed" message based solely on the content the MMAO offers (it doesn't offer everything in the store)... And, as @Shannen said, depending on the random roll, it may occassionally still give an offer to buy a gold world when you already own the Standard version and the associated premium content. But, when it does that, keep clicking the "Make Me an Offer" and if you own everything else but the gold edition of a world, "truly impressed" will come up. :smile:

... and I agree with Shannen, "you have nothing to apologize for" :smiley:

edit: I think I could be wrong about the MMAO machine giving the "truly impressed" message based only on the content it offers... I just tried it and it includes the line : "You own it all, even the Offer Machine’s exclusive content!" :)
  • Options
    friday027 wrote: »
    @charlotteprice - Maybe someone else will come along and cofirm this, but I think the MMAO will give you the "We are truly impressed" message based solely on the content the MMAO offers (it doesn't offer everything in the store)... And, as @Shannen said, depending on the random roll, it may occassionally still give an offer to buy a gold world when you already own the Standard version and the associated premium content. But, when it does that, keep clicking the "Make Me an Offer" and if you own everything else but the gold edition of a world, "truly impressed" will come up. :smile:

... and I agree with Shannen, "you have nothing to apologize for" :smiley:

edit: I think I could be wrong about the MMAO machine giving the "truly impressed" message based only on the content it offers... I just tried it and it includes the line : "You own it all, even the Offer Machine’s exclusive content!" :)

The part you edited in bold- that's what it says to me. It doesn't pop any items up at all. I assume I am finished with the MMAO machine? This is the end of it, all I can do is click the MMAO if I want to see the notice of owning the store!
  • Options
    FoxyLovesKittyFoxyLovesKitty Posts: 889 Member
    Congratulations on owning the store for real :smiley::tongue:
  • Options
    friday027friday027 Posts: 610 Member
    I took a pic with my cell phone, LOL. Tried my best to figure out how to post the pic from the Store. Needless to say, I gave up trying because it drove me absolutely crazy!

@charlotteprice - Oh, I meant to mention earlier, but had to rush off to work, that you can use "Snipping Tool" to capture screen shots if you are on a Windows machine. No need to fuss with with taking pictures with your cell phone. :) You can then put the screen shots onto any image hosting site of your choice and then post a link to it here. :smiley:

You can google Snipping Tool for your version of Windows and then download it, if you don't already have it. It's very easy to use.

I have done this a lot with MMAO using the Snipping Tool, just so I had a record of what deals I got offered and bought... since the store purchase history doesn't give this info. And when I finally got "We are truly impressed" from MMAO - You can bet I took a Screenshot! :wink::smiley:
  • Options
    @Friday027 I have used the snipping tool. I used the rectangular snip. I saved it to my desktop for easy access? When I double click on it, it goes to Windows Photo Viewer. I right click and open it with Paint. Then I get lost, LOL