Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Megahood, anyone?

MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
Anyone ever play the Megahood? I did once, and it about drove me crazy, since I was determined to play every single family. I'm starting to get the itch to try it again, though. Still have the template.

For those who never heard of it, it's something someone did that made all the various hoods sub-neighborhoods of each other, the way Downtown and Bluewater were sub-neighborhoods. So you had folks from Pleasantview interacting with folks from Strangetown and Veronaville and all the rest.

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I've played it in the past, but they are now saying not to play it, because of corruption.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    I never had an problems the first time around, but I did do some digging and found what is supposed to be the ultimate clean version, according to folks at MTS (where I got my original version):

http://meetme2theriver.livejournal.com/63030.html

Edited to fix link.
    Post edited by MsPhy on
  • Options
    GodlikeGodlike Posts: 305 Member
    Yep I seem to play with only three hoods lately: this one the Megahood and the TS1 converted Old Town for TS2 with my own families and another Old Town with the exact Sims TS1 came with. Kinda miss the times I still had the energy to build my own 'hoods...
    Lift me up - Let me go
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I love my megahoods. I have two now because I'd thought I lost my first one when my previous motherboard died. I was able to save it off the old hard drive and now I play both. They are my preference over having the separate Maxis 'hoods. It is so much fun to mix up all the Maxis sims and see how they work out together. Lots of entertainment, and loads of drama. >:) Such as--

Dina Caliente- In the the megahoods I play, Bella had been resurrected. So Dina has to find her wealthy husband elsewhere. She had a brief fling with Daniel Pleasant (strangely they have 3 bolts for each other), resulting in a pregnancy. Panicked, Dina turns up the charm on Consort Capp. He knows what she's up to, but doesn't mind. He likes the idea of a young and beautiful wife to needle former best friend Patrizio Monty. Plus, the Capp family is matriarchial, so the only heir of the next generation can be one of his daughters by Contessa, or one of their granddaughters. Since the former heir (Cordelia) is now dead, things are up in the air.

Consort Capp- I think of him as a sort of "steward" of the Capp fortune. Since Cordelia died, Juliette would have been the natural choice as the new heir but Consort refuses as long as she dates Romeo Monty. Scheming Goneril has been doing everything she can to help the young lovers because she wants to be the heir, followed by her daughter Miranda. What she doesn't know is that Miranda is head over heels in love with Romeo's older brother, Mercutio. If they marry, that will knock Goneril and her entire line out of the running because Consort is that unreasonable regarding the Monty family. Consort has his own plan to get his favorite granddaughter back as the heir, which will involve Dustin Broke.

Dustin Broke- After feeling like his job in the Criminal career will lead to no where, or having to fake his death like his deadbeat father, Dustin quits and joins the Slacker career so that he can be a golf caddy to the wealthy and powerful. He meets Consort Capp, and they hit it off. Consort really likes Dustin because he reminds him of a young Consort, smart, driven & a desire to succeed. Consort takes Dustin to lunch at Red's Famous '50s Diner and shares his ideas for Juliette to be the next Capp heir, with Dustin as her husband. Dustin agrees to meet with Juliette (who recently broke up with Romeo after catching him canoodling with Sofia Baldwin). They have 3 bolts, Dustin loves the idea of being the power behind the Capp name & fortune. It's the perfect life plan for him. He tells Angela Pleasant that it just isn't going to work out, she's headed to Sim State, while Capp Industries is giving him a full ride scholarship at Academie Le Tourneau (with Juliette, of course).

And that's just a few of my sims in one of the megahoods. Sometimes I get things mixed up, especially because I play two versions. But overall, it's a lot of fun.
  • Options
    @Cabelle1863, do you play with the original megahood (Pleasantville, Strangetown, Veronaville), or do you do the Uber-megahood, including Riverblossom, Desiderata, and Belladonna (and downtown and Bluewater)? When I did it before, I did the whole nine yards, along with all 3 unis. I'm thinking this time about just sticking to the original 3; I got seriously overwhelmed before, and I never did really warm up to the folks in Desiderata or Belladonna. I don't know, I might add Riverblossom. And Bluewater. And of course, have to have Downtown (I like the Tricou family). Maybe just one uni, though. Or just one until I graduate that batch, and then on to another.

Shoot, I'm overwhelming myself already, LOL!
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I play the Uber-megahood, but I've been working on it for years now. Whenever I feel overwhelmed I just step back and play a different neighborhood for a while. It's probably why I haven't gotten much further than the 2nd generation. :D Dustin & Juliette haven't even graduated yet!

I think it's a great idea to stick with the original 3 for a while, then add the others if/when you feel like it. I do find that I tend to gravitate to the original 3 first, they're more interesting to me than the sims in in the newer neighborhoods other than the Roth family or the Cordial sisters. The Tricous are a favorite of mine too.