Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Selling furniture when moving and new families

This may have been brought up before but....when you move and sell furniture it would be nice if it stayed with the house. I keep getting unfurnished houses. Also when new families always have 20,000, it would be nice if each member of the family had that much so you don't have to move a family of 3 or more into a 1 bedroom house.

Comments

• Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    If you want to move in wherever you want just use freerealestate on. Or, once on a lot, to give your sims any amount of money you want do testingcheats true and then money amount. So if you wanted your sims to have 10,000 you'd type money 10000.

I personally like the default 20k (and it's little more with more sims) to start out as I like to kind of work my way up and have my sims earn bigger and better stuff. I don't think that needs to be changed as you can easily "cheat" your way into starting out however you want.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    There are also plenty of family starters on the Gallery, with two or even more bedrooms. You might want to check out these threads: Starter Homes Thread and Starter Home challenge

As for the furniture, it would be nice if it stayed in the house, when you sell it. Yet, you can also see it as a way to furnish the home 'completely' different for the new family that moves in - something that 'forces' creativity.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    You can always go into Manage Worlds and furnish empty houses any way you want, and the furniture will be there when a family moves in. Or if you save a copy of the furnished house to your My Gallery (or if you downloaded it from the global Gallery you can go find it again) you can simply replace the unfurnished house with the original finished version.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    pinkishpinkish Posts: 693 Member
    Thank you all for your suggestions, I am aware of these things due to playing since the very beginning. I use the freerealestate cheat, but don't really like using cheats. I guess I will just save my house in my gallery before I move and just replace it afterwards. I enjoyed building the first dozen years but not it seems decorating over and over isn't my thing any more....lol can't wait for the half walls and locking doors, probably more than the other things we have gotten for free or paid for.
  • Options
    TriX0099TriX0099 Posts: 850 Member
    pinkish wrote: »
    This may have been brought up before but....when you move and sell furniture it would be nice if it stayed with the house. I keep getting unfurnished houses. Also when new families always have 20,000, it would be nice if each member of the family had that much so you don't have to move a family of 3 or more into a 1 bedroom house.

When I move and sell furniture, it always stays in the house. I move by playing the household and using the phone, pick the lot to move to, and check the sell furniture option. The house that they left then still has the furniture in it. I reuse my starter homes over and over and never have to refurnish.

If I move using the manage worlds screen, the furniture disappears.
  • Options
    Thanks @TriX0099, I'll have to check that out, I have moved both ways and never noticed.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    TriX0099 wrote: »

When I move and sell furniture, it always stays in the house. I move by playing the household and using the phone, pick the lot to move to, and check the sell furniture option. The house that they left then still has the furniture in it. I reuse my starter homes over and over and never have to refurnish.

I swear it didn't do that at game launch. Did it?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    simmey1simmey1 Posts: 580 Member

I will have to try this, I have never moved this way. Good tip!
  • Options
    TriX0099TriX0099 Posts: 850 Member

I swear it didn't do that at game launch. Did it?

I don't think it did, but can't say for sure, as I've always done it my way. I did recently do it in manage worlds, to fix an error I made, and was surprised to find the furniture missing. I reverted to the save, I luckily did right before the move, and did it my usual way instead, and the furniture stayed.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    I need to remember to do the save-the-lot-to-the-Library-and-replace-it thing. I put a lot of time into refurnishing lots in the world (I like redoing the interior decorating), and would rather not try to reinvent it all the time after my Sims go visiting and discover their friends' house is actually empty. Made for a really boring party last time :(
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    I moved my family by phone and it worked, thanks again @TriX0099. That is the way I do it also @luthienrising, I went to a crime scene at an empty house...not much evidence or crime scene photos there...lol
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    I usually evict my sims through manage worlds and the furniture stays. I thought it also stayed if you selected move and sell furniture through manage worlds, but I use that one less so not sure if it has changed...
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,619 Member
    Alysha1988 wrote: »
    If you want to move in wherever you want just use freerealestate on. Or, once on a lot, to give your sims any amount of money you want do testingcheats true and then money amount. So if you wanted your sims to have 10,000 you'd type money 10000.

I personally like the default 20k (and it's little more with more sims) to start out as I like to kind of work my way up and have my sims earn bigger and better stuff. I don't think that needs to be changed as you can easily "cheat" your way into starting out however you want.
    I've yet to be able to get the freerealestate on cheat to work. I used it all of the time in TS3. Do I have to do the testingcheats true, first? Generally, I will move the new family onto an empty lot, then use "motherlode" over and over until they have enough funds for the size house they need. But, I'd much rather use freerealesate on. Please help. :) And thank you.

You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    @ GalacticGal Not sure why it doesn't work, you shouldn't have to put testingcheats true first. When you use freerealestate on the square around the lot doesn't turn green but it still will let you move into the house.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,619 Member
    @ GalacticGal Not sure why it doesn't work, you shouldn't have to put testingcheats true first. When you use freerealestate on the square around the lot doesn't turn green but it still will let you move into the house.
    I'll have to give that a try. I expected it to turn green, silly me. Thank you so much for the tip!

You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/