Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Without CASt lack of anything is noticeable

For ages I refused to buy any stuff packs etc, then there was a sale and I have them all. Still, with the amount paid there is very little. It's very hard to make house interiors different from each other or sims have a style other than posh. One of my sims just wears a bra to be different. I mean there are two carpets, both patterned. I'm just saying that is CASt were available I probably wouldn't notice because I could change style with limited options.

This lack of CASt is also noticeable in Get to Work where running a shop gets boring because my shop style is only determined by luxury. If they aren't going to input CASt then they really need to give us more bulk.

Comments

• Options
    Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    I disagree with what you're saying but respect your opinion on CASt. :)
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Options
    mushplomplommushplomplom Posts: 760 Member
    For ages I refused to buy any stuff packs etc, then there was a sale and I have them all. Still, with the amount paid there is very little. It's very hard to make house interiors different from each other or sims have a style other than posh. One of my sims just wears a bra to be different. I mean there are two carpets, both patterned. I'm just saying that is CASt were available I probably wouldn't notice because I could change style with limited options.

This lack of CASt is also noticeable in Get to Work where running a shop gets boring because my shop style is only determined by luxury. If they aren't going to input CASt then they really need to give us more bulk.

Yup
    I bought a GTX 1070 to play Sims 4.

• Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    I actually find no Cast great, but I do understand what you mean. It would nice if we had sone default patterns for every clothing and furniture so you can mix and match more.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    Pretty much 100% accurate. It is so hard to make anything different. You can't match counters to cabinets, or couches to love seats, the curtain choices are awful and do not even fit all the windows (why can't we place left and right curtains individually?), and the lighting is so terrible in the game you can place two identical dining chairs next to each other and they look different colors. And unless you want to decorate in tan, light green, or pink, forget it.

We NEED CASt.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    Piperbird1 wrote: »
    Pretty much 100% accurate. It is so hard to make anything different. You can't match counters to cabinets, or couches to love seats, the curtain choices are awful and do not even fit all the windows (why can't we place left and right curtains individually?), and the lighting is so terrible in the game you can place two identical dining chairs next to each other and they look different colors. And unless you want to decorate in tan, light green, or pink, forget it.

We NEED CASt.

CASt might be patched in one day!
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Options
    wynwyn Posts: 901 Member
    edited July 2015
    This is why I made a post on the suggestions forum that each patch also include a bunch of recolors, especially for floors that have little to no option for variety. I'd like to see more colors for doors and windows as well. Since I share my builds CC is not an option for me.
    I'd like more options for clothes and shoes too, I just feel build mode is most lacking in variety.

Edit: typos
    Post edited by wyn on
    Origin ID: WyntirLily
  • Options
    wyn wrote: »
    This is why I made a post on the suggestions forum that each patch also I include a bunch of recolors, especially for floors that have little to no option for variety. I'd like to see more colors for doors and windows as well. Since I share my builds CC is not an option for me.
    I'd like more options for clothes and shoes too, I just feel build mode I'd most lacking in variety.

I'd be okay with that!!
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Options
    The power of CASt makes it possible to tell stories by decoration alone, making more situations possible than you can achieve in TS4.

Well said!

Aussie_Simmer
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    I yet have to understand why maxis doesn't use the repository techniques. Actually I don't even know if you can link two items to the same texture in Sims 4 but I guess it's possible.
  • Options
    FleurkweenFleurkween Posts: 235 Member
    The Sims 3 was all about creativity and customization. I liked the CASt tool. I used to make all my sims toilets pink.
    \cat%20with%20tea_zpsejebanah.jpg
  • Options
    husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    SiliClone wrote: »
    I yet have to understand why maxis doesn't use the repository techniques. Actually I don't even know if you can link two items to the same texture in Sims 4 but I guess it's possible.

It is possioble
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• Options
    wynwyn Posts: 901 Member
    Not having CASt is one of the most limiting experiences for me, though for a while I enjoyed the challenge of creating something with lackluster options. In the end though, all house-interiors are looking the same because the colors that are granted basically don't mix together well and a shade of blue on one item is a totally different shade of blue on another item. What follows is that I end up just putting any old item in a house and call it good as I give up on giving myself kittens trying to get atmosphere in a house without having the tools to do so.

I'm not saying that is impossible to decorate builds aesthetically correct, but the lack of CASt result in all houses ending up having the same feel. In TS3 you can put a rotting wood texture on an expensive loveseat, making it look as if it has been left out exposed to the environment and applying that texture on more items will allow to you give a house a grungy look in which a squatter has collected stuff from a landfill.

The power of CASt makes it possible to tell stories by decoration alone, making more situations possible than you can achieve in TS4.

So much this. I'm building an abandoned train station and train yard, but without the stuff that looks all broken and rotting, it's kinda hard to capture that feel.
    Origin ID: WyntirLily
  • Options
    PirateJandcatsPirateJandcats Posts: 635 Member
    I wouldn't even mind no CASt if we had loads to choose different from but I don't want everyone living in the same decor and the same clothes. At least CASt allows you to compensate for lack of and as LittleNinxUndr said: tell stories!!!
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,971 Member
    Something is needed other than the basic colors there is not much to choose from in CAS, even CAS in Sims 2 gave me more of an selection. I would love to see CASt return.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    Only by luxury.
    You could have a patio shop xD
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    mushplomplommushplomplom Posts: 760 Member
    I do miss those leopard print dining table
    I bought a GTX 1070 to play Sims 4.

• Options
    mwyatt139mwyatt139 Posts: 374 Member
    I agree CASt would be a nice improvement
    Link to my Facebook feel free to friend me: https://www.facebook.com/Spiritualanddifferent
    Link to my blog: https://www.merismusings.wordpress.com
    Link to my Twitter (used mainly for promoting my blog): https://twitter.com/BridgetW1990
    Add me on Origin: mwyatt139

event.png
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I don't want them to add in unlimited textures or color wheel if it will cause lag. I wouldn't be opposed if it could work though. I just want there to be more options for standard wood and standard colors in the more comfortable furniture ranges. I could download CC for some of that though but really don't like using it if I can help it.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Lol troll even when I said I wouldn't be opposed.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    I miss CASt a lot! It's such a wonderfully powerful tool in Sims 3 and Sims 4 is extremely limiting without it! I never had any issues with it Sims 3!
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • Options
    LazerRay3LazerRay3 Posts: 312 Member
    I may not have Sims 4 yet, but I enjoyed using CASt in Sims 3, its was the ultimate in customization for those who have trouble with image editors.

I was able to make custom outfits for my sims (a good example is the one in my avatar image), and I could make items from completely different object sets fit the same theme just by changing textures and colors.
  • Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    I was downloading CC before the game even launched in September.

While playing with the CAS Demo, I was horrified to realize that many of the shoe options did not even come in basic black. I could not believe it. That was the first piece of CC I put in game--black recolors for shoes. Insane. When the Base Game was released, the options in Buy/Build were just as limiting for me.

I miss CASt greatly.
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    What annoys me more than the lack of CASt is the fact that most of the clothes don't have the same colors.

Like one shirt might have a different shade of green than another shirt...
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    Cast is one of the things i miss the most, I'm tired of everything looking the same and I loved adding some zany items to my game like my flower power car.
    Also I want to be able to customize sims hair colour too.
    Laugh out loud. Often